***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,556,875 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well if he throws 140 innings he's probably healthy so at least in that regard you aren't completely SOL on it. Maybe that's the piece you get the Mets to cover part of.
texasaggie2015
AG

McInnis
AG
Haven't seen this mentioned but Urquidy pitched two innings for Sugarland. Gave up two unearned runs but threw 22 strikes in 33 pitches.

Wonder if the big guy is going to play today?
agproducer
AG
McInnis said:

Haven't seen this mentioned but Urquidy pitched two innings for Sugarland. Gave up two unearned runs but threw 22 strikes in 33 pitches.

Wonder if the big guy is going to play today?

That's the thing I like about Urquidy: he challenges guys with strikes. He doesn't give a F. He's like, "Here's my stuff. I don't think you can hit it."
MosesHallRAB04
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Even if he would help the team it would be a tough pill to shallow getting that chode.
Mathguy64
AG
Cubs have to be licking their chops. Every time he gets a hit the price goes up.
linkdude
AG
They're probably more frustrated they aren't playoff bound, by Base Runs at fangraphs the cubs are 7 games under expectation (whereas we are 4 games over our expectation). I believe it's based on quality of contact/expected stats.

With how OP the rangers offense has been there should be a 13 game gap instead of 2. Goes to show how big a difference our bullpen/close game pitching has been so far.
texasaggie2015
AG
Fans are more salty about him than the players are.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Paxton (a possible LH starter trade option) was pitching for the RedSox. Gave up 6 earned runs in 3 innings against the Cubs...woof.
Harry Dunne
Mathguy64 said:

Cubs have to be licking their chops. Every time he gets a hit the price goes up.
Probably more frustrating to them that the gamble on him worked out but that the team still sucks…

Their long-term FA signings of Swanson & Taillon are looking pretty underwhelming. Got to be annoying that they should have locked Bellinger into a longer deal but the one FA signing that actually worked out for them this year is going to be gone at the deadline.
texasaggie2015
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Paxton (a possible LH starter trade option) was pitching for the RedSox. Gave up 6 earned runs in 3 innings against the Cubs...woof.

Good. Keep the cost down. He can still pitch.
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

One game isn't gonna ruin his value or scare anyone off.
Marvin
AG
Bellinger hit the grand slam off Paxton. I'm not sure how to unpack that…
cc10106
I just remember Paxton shutting us down while pitching for Seattle.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Quote:

"When you go deep in the postseason year after year … you can get worn out in the course of a season, and if we can add an arm that would be great," Brown said. "I just don't know if there's going to be one available that's worth it."

Which brings us to Spencer Arrighetti, the team's No. 9-ranked prospect by MLB Pipeline. He's on the radar for a second-half callup, especially if Houston can't swing a deal for another starter. Arrighetti had a 4.15 ERA with 79 strikeouts in 60 2/3 innings at Double-A Corpus Christi before getting promoted last month to Sugar Land, where he has a 4.50 ERA and 15 strikeouts in just 12 innings.

"The beauty is you've got a guy that's throwing well in Arrighetti, who may get an opportunity if he continues to throw well," Brown said. "If he comes up here and throws well, it would be like acquiring a player at the Deadline. That's the beauty of your prospects; you use them instead of going out and getting other players and throwing them away. If Arrighetti can come up here and fill out that spot, that would be great. We hope he keeps throwing well and we'll keep an eye on him.

Quote:

"We're entertaining a lot of different things we'd like to add to the club, if possible," Dana Brown said Friday. "We know the price tags are high and we know that there's not many things on the shelf. There's not many players out there, and there's a lot of buyers right now. What we're being told by a lot of clubs is, 'Hey, give us to the end of the week, we'll see what things look like.' I've talked to multiple clubs that told me that. We're going to have a lot of meetings next week leading up to it and we'll be ready to pull the trigger if we get something that makes sense.

https://view.mail.mlblists.com/messages/1689449845522a359184a57eb/raw
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Dusty finally stuck pena in the 2 hole
linkdude
AG
Pena hitting second, and Diaz in versus LHP. McCormick back in the eight spot, which I still don't get exactly.
Post removed:
by user
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Bregxit said:

Has anyone heard if Yordan is playing tonight? I am on my way to SL now.

I've seen nothing which probably means he's not going yet
rosco511
AG
Is there any batting average where Maldy is no longer the primary catcher? We know his defensive metrics are terrible, and he is now hitting below .170.
Farmer1906
AG
rosco511 said:

Is there any batting average where Maldy is no longer the primary catcher? We know his defensive metrics are terrible, and he is now hitting below .170.
double digits.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Talk about hedging your bets.
Farmer1906
AG
In what way?
Marvin
AG
Any easy way to count how many different lineups Dusty has used this year? Gotta be leading the league.
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Dusty finally stuck pena in the 2 hole

That's a good lineup
f1ghtintexasaggie
Just a couple weeks ago he was all but bragging at how aggressive we were going to be on the market this year. I get it. It takes two to tango, but acting like Arrighetti would be the acquisition we need/expected to make after his previous comments is laughable IMO.
mAgnoliAg
AG
About as good as he could do right now. Swap altuve in for dubon, Yordan in for yainer, yainer in for maldy, bellinger in for julks or chas rotating out chances against righty starters.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm so ****in tired of seeing machetes name in the lineup
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG
Thanks for nothing Indians
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Boiling Denim
Watching the Rags v Guardians I'm amazed we gave up 10 runs to the Guardians. They look so feeble. Looked back and of course it was the start of Javier's plummet off the cliff. Makes sense I guess
Mr.Bond
AG
Siri has 18 bombs

MAGA

Mathguy64
AG
The AL Central is so bad. If you can't win a Division by at least going .500 you should be banned from the playoffs.
redline248
AG
We need Altuve back in a bad way. There are no "good" options to bat leadoff, imo. Chas did ok there way back in April, but I definitely like him better in the lower part of the order.

I do think Pena 2 and Bregman 4 are good options.
texasaggie2015
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Just a couple weeks ago he was all but bragging at how aggressive we were going to be on the market this year. I get it. It takes two to tango, but acting like Arrighetti would be the acquisition we need/expected to make after his previous comments is laughable IMO.

He has to be careful with what he says on public record. If he seems desperate, teams will demand more in return. Take all of that with a grain of salt.
First Page Last Page
Page 1067 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.