***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,557,686 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
aggie813
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we stay healthy the rest of the year..
94-68
Farmer1906
AG
100-62
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

100-62

50-21 to finish the year…. Where do I sign up for this
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

100-62

I like it! I'm on board with this.
Mathguy64
AG
That's a bold move Cotton.

91-61.

Crap. That's hilarious. I'll leave it there to demonstrate my stupidity.

91-71
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

100-62

We probably win out from late July to late Aug, take a large division lead, and then coast to a first round bye in Sept.
superaggie73
AG
Mathguy64 said:

91-61.

Are they gonna strike again before the end of the year?
Mathguy64
AG
superaggie73 said:

Mathguy64 said:

91-61.

Yeah. I'm an idiot.
superaggie73
AG
Mathguy64 said:

superaggie73 said:

Mathguy64 said:

91-61.

Yeah. I'm an idiot.

Hope I didn't sound too rude…just thought it was hilarious given your username.
Mathguy64
AG
superaggie73 said:

Mathguy64 said:

superaggie73 said:

Mathguy64 said:

91-61.

Yeah. I'm an idiot.

Hope I didn't sound too rude…just thought it was hilarious given your username.

All good. I'm an idiot.
BadAggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

So sick of rappers and other "urban" type of influence crap promotion. We've been the best baseball team for the last ten years and they are coming up with crap that the Detroit tigers or Chicago white Sox would use to generate publicity.

ESP that big $ hat with Mack. That's a complete embarrassment. Astros should have more self pride than that.

McInnis
AG
Three day breaks for the All Star Game.

Something else that was better in the old days.
jah003
S
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

100-62

That's gonna be a lot of T&A.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
jah003 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

100-62

That's gonna be a lot of T&A.

Mathguy64
AG
Holy hell if you have espn 8 you need to turn it in now.

Red necks are racing belt sanders.
Pahdz
Mathguy64 said:

Holy hell if you have espn 8 you need to turn it in now.

Red necks are racing belt sanders.

This is incredible
Bonnettecj1
I love The Ocho
Mathguy64
AG
I've seen rednecks shoot anvils.

I've seen rednecks race lawn mowers.

But watching rednecks race belt sanders in stock and modified classes may be the most redneck thing ever.

'Murica baby. 'Murica.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin
AG
I sure hope Dana makes his moves well before the deadline. Gotta have a dance partner, I get it, but don't wait too long.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
Yep. If you get a pitcher now versus the last day you can get 3 extra starts out of them. That's not insignificant.
MaxPower
I ageee but not in a way helpful to us. I see several teams with a lot of prospect capital overpaying teams that are on the lower end of the playoff hunt to incentivize those teams to move players. The Rays, Rangers, Orioles, D-Backs and Reds all are desperate to be relevant and have great farm systems.
W
AG
looking at the Astros (50-41) second half...

71 games to play:

35 games vs. the AL East, Rangers, and Mariners

15 games vs. the Rockies, A's, and Royals

I agree with the folks thinking 90 wins. That would mean 40-31 in the second half...which can be accomplished by playing .500 vs. the good teams...and dominating the bad teams (like the Astros did in the 1st half)

the 'stros finish the season with a 6-game roadtrip to Seattle and Arizona -- don't know what those 2 teams will be playing for by the last week of the season.

the Astros host the Angels in a 3-game series at MMP in August. If Ohtani has been traded and Trout is still injured...I would lump those 3 games in with the 15 vs. the A's, Rockies, and Royals
W
AG
looking at the next 2 weeks in the AL West race...

the Astros' first 4 opponents are: Angels, Rockies, A's, and Rangers (at MMP)

the Rangers' first 4 opponents are: Indians, Rays, Dodgers, and Astros

the 'stros should (or better) pass the Rangers in the standings during this stretch
Farmer1906
AG
Just gotta be smart and target players that the trade partner or the rest of baseball under values. Look how Click got us Graveman, Montero, Yimi, Maton, and prospect Diaz without giving up much.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Quick update: I know I've alluded to this before, but at this point I'll be genuinely shocked if both Julks and Meyers are on the roster after the deadline. And it would not surprise me at all if both are gone.

Nothing new as far as targets go. The rest of this post is purely speculation and sort of a connecting of dots based off what I've been hearing, but I expect them to approach the deadline like this...

• Meyers + mid-level prospects for controllable bullpen arms or a SP
  • Julks + mid-level prospects for controllable bullpen arms or a SP (whichever the Meyers trade doesn't address)
  • One of our young arms (France, Bielak, Blanco) + mid-level prospects for a bat. I think Houston would be open to moving Arrighetti here.

Out: Two dispensable outfielders, mid-level prospects, young arm
In: Controllable bullpen arm(s), a SP, and a bat

Maybe the Julks package for Kendall Graveman who has a year remaining on his contract after this one. With Aaron Bummer's struggles, maybe you could get a package deal.

And then the Meyers package would go somewhere for a SP who could not only eat innings but possibly start playoff games.

That leaves one of the young arms dispensable. France and Blanco both have a lot of team control and that's valuable. Maybe build a package around one of them to bring in a bat.. like a Cody Bellinger or someone similar.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Let's go on a tear! Time to rock this second half of the season! Astros baseball is back on tonight!
Wabs
AG
Really would like to keep France. Dude has just the kind of attitude I like in a pitcher.
Ag_07
AG
I hope they keep France. I think his floor is being a decent 4 with a ceiling of being a pretty solid 3.

I like the way he attacks when he pitches, his mound presence, and his consistency.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I hope they can find someone to take Bielak. He's gotten decent game outcomes for the most part, but his underlying stats show he is a powderkeg waiting to explode.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Quick update: I know I've alluded to this before, but at this point I'll be genuinely shocked if both Julks and Meyers are on the roster after the deadline. And it would not surprise me at all if both are gone.

Nothing new as far as targets go. The rest of this post is purely speculation and sort of a connecting of dots based off what I've been hearing, but I expect them to approach the deadline like this...

• Julks + mid-level prospects for controllable bullpen arms or a SP (whichever the Meyers trade doesn't address)
  • One of our young arms (France, Bielak, Blanco) + mid-level prospects for a bat. I think Houston would be open to moving Arrighetti here.

Maybe the Julks package for Kendall Graveman who has a year remaining on his contract after this one. With Aaron Bummer's struggles, maybe you could get a package deal.

And then the Meyers package would go somewhere for a SP who could not only eat innings but possibly start playoff games.

That leaves one of the young arms dispensable. France and Blanco both have a lot of team control and that's valuable. Maybe build a package around one of them to bring in a bat.. like a Cody Bellinger or someone similar.
If we end up trading away Julks and Meyers, that's -2 guys on the team who should be bench depth (though you can argue that Meyers isn't very valuable with respect to that). Have you heard if they're looking to acquire bench depth as well to backfill, or would they look to draw from the minors for that?
texasaggie2015
AG
They think Arrighetti has a higher upside and that he's close. I love France and I'm right there with you.. but if they believe Arrighetti is close, I think that leaves France dispensable if you believe it gets you closer to a championship.

There's a few guys who are kind of similar... France, Blanco, Arrighetti, Colton Gordon, Rhett Kouba. It makes sense to deal one of these guys if the return is right. Especially if you're bringing in a proven arm. Teams put a lot of value in arms with club control.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Nothing new as far as targets go. The rest of this post is purely speculation and sort of a connecting of dots based off what I've been hearing, but I sort of expect the deadline to go like this...

I don't think we can get ride of both Meyers & Julks without getting back another OFer. The arm for bat trade better happen in sync with the OFer sell off.

Graveman makes some sense. We chose Neris over him, because of the 3rd year. I guess the new group would feel comfortable now if we're targeting him.

I would absolutely add Bummer. He should be so cheap. He's got some 2021 Raley in him as that he's getting a decent # of Ks and soft contact. I think we could "fix" him / ride the positive regression the rest of the season.

Regardless, I think this deadline is going to be fun. Dana gets a chance to shine.
First Page Last Page
Page 1045 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.