***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,558,439 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and speaking of old guys in the Bronx...

how did the Yankees misread the D.J. LeMahieu situation so badly?

COVID year rockstar and then some in the short season.

OPS by year:

2020 ---> 1.101
2021 ----> .711
2022 ----> .743
2023 ----> .643

under contract thru 2026
Mathguy64
AG
He was cheating?
Farmer1906
AG
Combo of leaving Coors and getting old? Plus I think he's usually a fast starter so the 60 game season is right up his alley.

Mathguy64
AG
I suspect it's mostly age. He had a very good season with NYY in 2019 and then a massive COVID year which of course was also a contract year.

His contract looks to be an albatross. A combo of overpaying a guy who had a classic contract year and who is also aging fast. And they owe him through 2026.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W said:

and speaking of old guys in the Bronx...

how did the Yankees misread the D.J. LeMahieu situation so badly?

COVID year rockstar and then some in the short season.

OPS by year:

2020 ---> 1.101
2021 ----> .711
2022 ----> .743
2023 ----> .643

under contract thru 2026
He better get ready to be the next object of derision once they move on from Donaldson
Harry Dunne
texasaggie2015
AG

This is what I've been saying here as well
Big Al 1992
AG
Any word or guesses on timeline - won't make a move until the last minute or get ahead of everyone else that is shopping?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

An ESPN commercial made it sound like Ohtani was starting on Sunday Night. Liars.

Well he will be starting Sunday night
texasaggie2015
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Any word or guesses on timeline - won't make a move until the last minute or get ahead of everyone else that is shopping?

I don't expect any moves until closer to the deadline.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

AustinCountyAg
My god those hats are ****ing stupid. I'm sure they will be $125 a piece too I bet.
Mathguy64
AG
You get one with every mattress sold.
JYDog90
AG
Mathguy64 said:

You get one with every mattress sold.

You ought to get two. One to crap in and the other to cover it up with.
07ag
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

When do we get a European series
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mathguy64
AG
You mean "when do we play in Mexico City then in London the next day?"

I can see MLB doing that to us.
Beau Holder
AG
I'll be going back to CDMX for that for sure.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

I don't expect any moves until closer to the deadline.

Dana basically said that this morning.
Farmer1906
AG
Love this madmen meme

iamtheglove
Beat40 said:

cc10106 said:

Mariners are waaaaay too high on that list.
Julio is super likeable, so I can see that. Especially after his rookie year and the HR derby performance in LA.

Aside from their manager, they don't have a whole lot of DBs.
Cal Raleigh is a world class d-bag. See the clip telling his pitcher good job after he drilled one of our hitters.
Farmer1906
AG
Somehow Jeff Luhnow was underrated.

JDUB08AG
AG
I passed Luhnow in terminal C yesterday. In town for something.
Farmer1906
AG
AustinCountyAg
So sick of rappers and other "urban" type of influence crap promotion. We've been the best baseball team for the last ten years and they are coming up with crap that the Detroit tigers or Chicago white Sox would use to generate publicity.

ESP that big $ hat with Mack. That's a complete embarrassment. Astros should have more self pride than that.
Ag_07
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

So sick of rappers and other "urban" type of influence crap promotion. We've been the best baseball team for the last ten years and they are coming up with crap that the Detroit tigers or Chicago white Sox would use to generate publicity.

ESP that big $ hat with Mack. That's a complete embarrassment. Astros should have more self pride than that.

AustinCountyAg
I know I know
agproducer
AG
The hat in the Oilers colors isn't shown.

I love the prototype logo.
Wabs
AG
spadilly
S
$281 for that terrible Mattress Mack hat.

https://www.mlb.com/astros/ballpark/team-store/713-day
Ag_07
AG
I don't like them all but I just don't buy them. Doesn't bother me at all that they do it

Think of it this way...The more shlt they sell the more money goes into Crane's bank account and the more money he'll have to spend on players.

Sell away
MaxPower
Ag_07 said:

I don't like them all but I just don't buy them. Doesn't bother me at all that they do it

Think of it this way...The more shlt they sell the more money goes into Crane's bank account and the more money he'll have to spend on players.

Sell away
We are 10th in payroll so I'm not convinced Crane is spending on the team. I suspect any mansion renovations he's doing are going quite swimmingly.
Farmer1906
AG
MaxPower said:

Ag_07 said:

Sell away
We are 10th in payroll so I'm not convinced Crane is spending on the team. I suspect any mansion renovations he's doing are going quite swimmingly.

We've stayed 5-10 for the last 7ish years. We've even gone into the luxury tax. That seems like spending to me.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248
AG
Not meant for replies to that tweet. Looks like a swing and a miss. Probably sell enough to lubricated fans at the game, though.

Edit: my phone did not accurately put in the words I wanted to say at the beginning of my post. But I just woke up and don't remember what it was supposed to say.

I think instead of "not meant for" I wanted to say "not many good"
texasaggie2015
AG
Lots of speculation in that article. He definitely seems to think SP is the biggest need and it's hard to disagree.

Quote:

Finding a pitcher that Houston's analytics team can alter be it in his pitch usage or selection feels like a more logical outcome than a large splash.
This is 100% what I've been hearing as well. Think of a guy like Aaron Bummer on the White Sox. He's been great in the past but he's awful this year. How much of that is pitch usage? Or something slightly off mechanically that the Astros can fix? He has years of team control left and Houston could be confident that they can turn him into a high leverage arm again.

Same thing with starting pitching. The bigger names will have quite the bidding war for them.
First Page Last Page
Page 1042 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.