***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,442,830 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yordan would crush these dudes. And then he could throw his bat again in front of Seattle fans, reminding them of game 1!
tjack16
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Yordan would crush these dudes. And then he could throw his bat again in front of Seattle fans, reminding them of game 1!

He'd be swinging too fast and hard to keep up…. He'd rip his oblique in half
stoneca
EastCoastAgNc said:

y'all think we're going to wear these throwbacks in game or these are just for the fans?
maca1028
Too bad he's been hurt each time he's been selected.
shano0603
AG
Still don't like this format. People like seeing bombs in home run derbies. And they are all too tired for the finals.

And i can't stand Eduardo Perez
Wabs
AG
WTF? Vlad has to go first??
Breggy Popup
AG
Vlad took out a kid
redline248
AG
shano0603 said:

Still don't like this format. People like seeing bombs in home run derbies. And they are all too tired for the finals.

That is an interesting point. All the fireworks happen in the beginning and then falls off sharply.
Big Al 1992
AG
Bregman's old man running for DA in New Mexico!

mAgnoliAg
AG
No wonder the USA born guys got knocked out first round. Bracamonte was coaching them in Spanish and they didn't understand.
Farmer1906
AG
Are y'all watching ESPN or ESPN2?
Project Gemini
AG
This the Mariners playoffs for everyone to jerk off Julio since they wont make the postseason with Servais at the helm
Ag_07
AG
WTF is the point of the 30 sec bonus that's not really a bonus because everyone gets it?
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

WTF is the point of the 30 sec bonus that's not really a bonus because everyone gets it?

IMO it should be 2:00 plus the 30 seconds if you hit the 440 twice. This event is fun but it's longer than it needs to be… but I guess they want that TV money

3:00 is a little long and yeah that first bonus is pointless if everybody gets it
Breggy Popup
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think all the pink balls hit out during the 30 seconds result in donations from TMobile to some charity. It's a marketing thing.
shano0603
AG
tjack16 said:

Ag_07 said:

IMO it should be 2:00 plus the 30 seconds if you hit the 440 twice. This event is fun but it's longer than it needs to be… but I guess they want that TV money

3:00 is a little long and yeah that first bonus is pointless if everybody gets it

1 minute
15 seconds if you hit two over 440
15 seconds if you hit two over 475
amercer
AG
shano0603 said:

It would be nice if they weren't tired for the finals, but I don't want to stay up until 1 am to see it finished either
Farmer1906
AG
Maybe a combination of 30 pitches or 2 min. Whatever happens first. No bonus. No turbo speed. Enough time to watch a few but not slow.
Ag_07
AG
So I think they need to add more bonuses.

Like CF shots are worth 2 and oppo HRs are worth 3. Maybe even a lane along the foul lines that counts as 1 if you hit it.

It's gets kinda old watching them just yank every pitch to the pull side. Plus if a player gets tired he can sit there and drop hits on the lines and rack up points.

The timed format sucks because you know halfway through if he's gonna get there or not.
Johnsy3
AG
It does suck not being able to see some of the moonshots land, but the 10 outs don't make for the most excitement, either. Some guys need 4 or 5 outs to get acclimated and by then we can't see them rip off 8 in a row. I say lower it to 2 min + bonus time

The bracket format is terrible. If you hit the third most HR like Rutschman, you deserve to advance
07ag
AG
Bregxit said:

Ag_07 said:

I think all the pink balls hit out during the 30 seconds result in donations from TMobile to some charity. It's a marketing thing.

Also an extra break for the player
https://ts.la/eric59704
cap-n-jack

Derek apparently doesn't follow the Astros thread on TexAgs.
Wabs
AG
tjack16
AG
Wabs said:

Maldonado, Montero and Jake Meyers for Ohtani
Farmer1906
AG
When we trade for Bellinger, we need to make sure the Cubs include Julian Merryweather.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

When we trade for Bellinger, we need to make sure the Cubs include Julian Merryweather.
That's a good idea. Snag Bellinger and Merryweather from the Cubs. Snag Giolito from the Sox. Check the boxes. Shouldn't be too expensive either.
texasaggie2015
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Merryweather fits the profile of bullpen guys they want to get at the deadline. Multiple years of control.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Merryweather fits the profile of bullpen guys they want to get at the deadline. Multiple years of control.

And the profile of nasty stuff that's strikes dudes out yet walks too many.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yup. Merryweather is definitely a name to keep an eye on. Looking at the bullpens of other bad teams... Carlos Hernandez on the Royals may fit the bill. Aaron Bummer is a lefty and has another year left but he's been horrendous this year and I'm not sure if he can be fixed. Maybe he'll be cheap and worth a flyer.

There's really not a ton of other options out there who stand out. The Guardians bullpen has been lights out but they've been overworked. They're looking for an outfielder with team control so that could certainly be an option. Nick Sandlin, maybe Enyel De Los Santos. I wonder if what it would take to bring in Civale and one of those guys.
Ag_07
AG
So I'm guessing Mr. Vega is in Seattle for the ASG as well??
Ag_07
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I wonder if what it would take to bring in Civale and one of those guys.

Civale missed a chunk of time earlier this season with an oblique injury.

Sounds like a perfect fit.
Wabs
AG
Question for y'all. What is a realistic package that you would offer for Ohtani? A deal that you'd be ok with from an Astros perspective and one that the Angels would at minimum consider doing. Does such a deal even exist?
texasaggie2015
AG
Trade Simulator Baseball Trade Values

There's no way this website is accurate but it's fun.

You could swap Justin Dirden and a random mid-level prospect with the Cubs for Cody Bellinger and Julian Merryweather.

And then you could send Jake Meyers and Kennedy Corona to Cleveland for Aaron Civale and Enyel De Los Santos.

In: Two solid bullpen arms with multiple years of control, a solid starting pitcher with multiple years of control and a lefty bat who can play CF, 1B or DH.

Out: A dispensable Jake Meyers, two solid prospects who are dispensable due to outfield depth in the organization, and another random prospect somewhere.

Rotation: Valdez, Javier, Civale, Brown, France/Bielak/Blanco
Bullpen: Merryweather, De Los Santos, Montero, Maton, Stanek, Neris, Abreu, Pressley

Lineup (for now, assuming Brantley doesn't return)

C: Diaz/Maldy (I hope)
1B: Abreu
2B: Altuve
SS: Pena
3B: Bregman
LF: Yordan/Chas
CF: Bellinger/Chas
RF: Tucker
DH: Yordan/Diaz/Chas

Julks and Dubon become two valuable guys off the bench. I know we love Chas but I still think he would get plenty of ABs as we tend to keep guys fresh. Same with Dubon.
texasaggie2015
AG
Wabs said:

Question for y'all. What is a realistic package that you would offer for Ohtani? A deal that you'd be ok with from an Astros perspective and one that the Angels would at minimum consider doing. Does such a deal even exist?
I really don't think it would even exist. They could put something together, but no way they would be able to retain him and it would absolutely gut the organization.
Ag_07
AG
Wabs said:

For me there isn't one due to him being a rental
First Page Last Page
Page 1031 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.