***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,739,133 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there any timeline on Brantley?
astros4545
AG
Eso si, Que es
All I do is Nguyen said:

Why the hell do we play home next Wednesday, then fly to MN and play early day game on Thursday, off Fri, then play again Sat, Sun?

That is the dumbest thing ever. Guys could have off day at home then go for a normal weekend series.
AgSportsFan89
AG
I'm sure taking out Altuve didn't help for his psyche either.
Eso si, Que es
AgSportsFan89 said:

He was obviously F'd up before that. Should never have been pitching, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
Dies Irae
What did you guys think of the new rules? I didn't like it, felt like we were speed running through the game. Part of the thing I like about baseball is that it takes so long, I can watch it the whole night.
Wabs
AG
Dies Irae said:

What did you guys think of the new rules? I didn't like it, felt like we were speed running through the game. Part of the thing I like about baseball is that it takes so long, I can watch it the whole night.

I like them speeding it up, but it seemed a little too fast. Maybe add a few seconds onto the pitch clock.
Phrasing
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

AgSportsFan89 said:

He was obviously F'd up before that. Should never have been pitching, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Seriously. That was on the manager. He was all over the place and it cost us Altuve for a couple months.
Kashchei
AG
Wabs said:

Is there any timeline on Brantley?

I thought I read earlier today that Brown said about 3 weeks
fullback44
AG
Satellite of Love said:

We really need Chas and Altuve in the lineup.

This right here .. so what is still wrong w Brantley ? He's not healed?

Never mind .. just read Brantley isn't back from surgery just yet but should play in late April
CFTXAG10
AG
I just got home from the game. Is the sky falling?
redline248
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

There is no sky! It plummeted through the earth and set off a chain reaction of cataclysmic destruction.
jkag89
Eso si, Que es said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Why the hell do we play home next Wednesday, then fly to MN and play early day game on Thursday, off Fri, then play again Sat, Sun?

That is the dumbest thing ever. Guys could have off day at home then go for a normal weekend series.
I haven't checked but that is likely the Twins opening home series. The day off after their home Opening Day is put in place by MLB so they have two days to get it in just in case of poor weather. Just pray to the weather gods that it snows or something.
Pahdz
No moisture that day just cold. I really wish MLB would stop having the Stros play up here in early April every damn year. Out of the 5 seasons I've lived here only one wasn't early season.
AustinCountyAg
I hate having nobody worth a **** batting behind Tucker. He needs to move up in the lineup or have Peña at least behind him when Altuve comes back.
Farmer1906
AG
We're trying to keep him a 225 M player and not 300 M.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Couple of weird lineup decisions tonight. Starting Diaz at DH on opening night, playing Meyers over McCormick, and not pinch hitting for Dubon. Those are legitimate question marks in my opinion.

Cease and the called zone might have made it irrelevant, but Dusty was a bit cavalier tonight with his decisions. No doubt he is playing the long game, but questionable for this one game.

Who do you think should have started at DH?
n_touch
redline248 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

There is no sky! It plummeted through the earth and set off a chain reaction of cataclysmic destruction.

And that was just after the first inning
Farmer1906
AG

Whaaaaaat was that?
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Does that mean we have to change leagues next year?
Beau Holder
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Couple of weird lineup decisions tonight. Starting Diaz at DH on opening night, playing Meyers over McCormick, and not pinch hitting for Dubon. Those are legitimate question marks in my opinion.

Cease and the called zone might have made it irrelevant, but Dusty was a bit cavalier tonight with his decisions. No doubt he is playing the long game, but questionable for this one game.

Hensley if Yordan played LF. Yordan with Chas in LF if you (Dusty) insisted on Meyers playing. Yordan with Chas in CF if not.

All of this assumes Dubon will be pried out of Dusty's gnarled hands.
Ag_07
AG
So...I'm not the only one who thought Roger was a disaster on the broadcast am I?
W
AG
it's so frustrating when a manager lets a mediocre hitter ground into a double play

just next level dumb
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Holder said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Hensley if Yordan played LF. Yordan with Chas in LF if you (Dusty) insisted on Meyers playing. Yordan with Chas in CF if not.

All of this assumes Dubon will be pried out of Dusty's gnarled hands.

I don't hate that. I'm a big Hensley fan but he's the only middle INF and best back up 3B & 1B right now. Using Dusty logic he doesn't want to risk having to bat a pitcher if he needs Hensley in the field.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

So...I'm not the only one who thought Roger was a disaster on the broadcast am I?

He was kind of quiet. I didn't hate it as much as I expected. He didn't bring much to enhance it.

What annoyed me the most was the prerecorded interview that make the actual game tiny. The Sox had a roomie get his first ever hit and ESPN basically hid it.
Farmer1906
AG
Fatality

Project Gemini
AG
I was enhanced by him calling 90% of a game using his face. Roger didn't need any pitchcom millennial tech fan stuff. The guy was a great pitcher but is always completely full of **** when he opens his mouth.
Farmer1906
AG
Is everyone in bed?

Some former 'stros getting the job done.

Farmer1906
AG
Project Gemini said:

I was enhanced by him calling 90% of a game using his face. Roger didn't need any pitchcom millennial tech fan stuff. The guy was a great pitcher but is always completely full of **** when he opens his mouth.

That was the most nonsensical thing I have ever heard.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Looks like our favorite angels relief pitcher too
Farmer1906
AG
Good eye.

Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Well, we had McCormick eating sunflower seeds in the dugout. Keep Jake on the card, shift Yordan to DH, and have Diaz on the bench. Does that work out, or am I going to feel like an idiot for missing something obvious?
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Well, we had McCormick eating sunflower seeds in the dugout. Keep Jake on the card, shift Yordan to DH, and have Diaz on the bench. Does that work out, or am I going to feel like an idiot for missing something obvious?

No, I think that's the a very legit & valid option.

I'm just high on Diaz so I'm not mad about him getting the start. I'm also pro Hensley starting at 2nd and Chas in CF. If Dusty decides Jake in CF, Yordan in LF, and Dubon at 2nd then I think Diaz is a strong (the best?) option at DH.
Nino Brown
Wait, Springer went 5-6 with one bomb today?

God I miss that dude in a Stros uniform is like salt in the opening day wound….no homo
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.