***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,441,122 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
aggie813
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you.
Now, please 8lb 7oz baby Jesus, let Framber have his extra special zen going on today. Really don't want to go to Arlington down 2 games.
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ag_07 said:

Or we could all just STFU about all this BS, discuss this series amongst ourselves, and enjoy our run. This is gonna be a wild series. Sit back and enjoy and don't worry about what any of those guys have to say.

I hate coming here to read and discuss baseball but when there are 3 pages discussing moderation, what posts got flagged, etc it sucks.

I guarantee if you stay on this thread and discuss things amongst ourselves like we normally do you won't have your posts deleted, get banned, warned, etc.

Y'all are the ones who look like whiny babies right now.

Rant now over...Fck the Rangers

the TOFA and AOFA posts have been part of the thread for half a season. I got posts taken down for an AI-generated firefighter completely clothed and for talking about a basketball series from three decades ago.

I'm not worried about the Rangers' fans, good on them for finding a way to try to punk their rival fans. I'm very concerned that it worked so well and that so many accepted practices for months and months were suddenly bannable offenses one random night. Having a set of policies in place for an extended set of time and then reversing them 180 degrees without any announcement or warning and banning people with no explanation might be within TexAgs rights as a business, but it's no way to treat your customers and want them to stay customers.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Buck Compton
AG
They've been part of the thread for SEASONS, not just half a season.

I seem to remember last year newbies to the thread complaining as well. I just set pictures to not auto load and don't look at most of them anyway.
The Porkchop Express
AG
It's literally like if everyone who posted Fire Jimbo on the Zoo suddenly got a ban.
tjack16
AG
TOFA started in what the 2021 season?

I think that's when I can recall but might be before then
annie88
AG
Let's go Astros.

(As for all the other garbage going on here, shut up.)

Again, let's go Astros!
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
tjack16
AG
Offense needs to bust out today

Last two games all of our runs have come off two homeruns. Not a recipe for success.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Offense needs to bust out today

Last two games all of our runs have come off two homeruns. Not a recipe for success.
If the Astros only plate 4 runs, and they are off a grand slam, but the hitters are working the count and get to the bullpen early, I don't care that they come off a homerun.

As long as the 4 win the game.
spadilly
S

Wabs
AG
Really need Tuck to get going. That would go a long way to igniting the offense.
BadAggie
AG
spadilly said:

Merry go round with the 3 4 5 hitters but at least they are in top 5

aggie813
Wabs said:

Really need Tuck to get going. That would go a long way to igniting the offense.

I'd throw in Tuve as well. If them two get going, everything will fall into place.
txags11
AG
Texas sitting Carter and putting Grossman in the 3 spot today..
BadAggie
AG
Tucker before Alvarez to try to get Tucker to get some pitches.

A lot rides on Alvarez producing today.

The Porkchop Express
AG
Yeah if Tucker can't hit and Yordan won't take a walk, it will be close to impossible to win.

I've settled myself down. It's playoff baseball. I'm grateful it's here and I think back to myself at age 12 or even in my early 30s after we got swept by the White Sox in the World Series and how much that me would have given for this me's life as an Astros fan.

Let's enjoy the ALCS! These days are numbered, and when they're gone, they're gone. Root hard and believe. That's all we can do.

Ag_07
AG
Credit Texas yesterday...They pitched Yordan pretty damn well
KCup17
AG
Got to credit them. They pitched him well and played good defense.

Even then we still squandered opportunities.
Texaggie7nine
Ag_07 said:

Yordan has been pretty vulnerable to that low curve for awhile it seems.
7nine
Mr.Bond
AG
txags11 said:

Texas sitting Carter and putting Grossman in the 3 spot today..

Some **** dusty would do
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Threw him, what, 1 strike? Just pitched him well and close enough to get him to chase…a lot.
KCup17
AG
Yeah they went up and in just to drop that curve in the dirt and he would chase every time
TarponChaser
The Porkchop Express said:

Yeah if Tucker can't hit and Yordan won't take a walk, it will be close to impossible to win.

I've settled myself down. It's playoff baseball. I'm grateful it's here and I think back to myself at age 12 or even in my early 30s after we got swept by the White Sox in the World Series and how much that me would have given for this me's life as an Astros fan.

Let's enjoy the ALCS! These days are numbered, and when they're gone, they're gone. Root hard and believe. That's all we can do.

I think it's pretty clear Yordan wasn't seeing the ball well out of Montgomery's hand. Rare lefty that Yordan doesn't see & hit well.

Tucker is in a funk- he's back to trying to pull everything.
AggieJ2002
AG
As much crap as I've given Dusty this year, I love the move of Yordan to the cleanup spot. Worst case scenario for his is that he comes up to bat with 2 outs and no one on base, which has a high probability in the first inning. With Yordan in the 4-spot, we guarantee he comes up with someone on base (unless we've already scored) or else he is leading off the next inning, where a walk could be very damaging with 0 outs, and it's not as comfortable of a spot to pitch around him.
AgLA06
AG
TarponChaser said:

I think it's pretty clear Yordan wasn't seeing the ball well out of Montgomery's hand. Rare lefty that Yordan doesn't see & hit well.

Except the shot back up the middle Montgomery old.
Beat40
TarponChaser said:

Tucker is the most concerning to me.
Bioish
AG
Per Ken Rosenthal, Yordan was dealing with a virus yesterday. Hopefully he's feeling better today
Beat40
AgLA06 said:

TarponChaser said:

Seager would have cleaned it up, but yes, it was at least up the middle.
AggieJ2002
AG
Bioish said:

Per Ken Rosenthal, Yordan was dealing with a virus yesterday. Hopefully he's feeling better today
Ouch ... Not much recovery time since late last night
Farmer1906
AG
Lol Dusty.

AggieDub25
My kid just tested positive for strep… someone do us a solid and get my kid into the visitor locker room.
Breggy Popup
AG
Ag_07 said:

Or we could all just STFU about all this BS, discuss this series amongst ourselves, and enjoy our run. This is gonna be a wild series. Sit back and enjoy and don't worry about what any of those guys have to say.

I hate coming here to read and discuss baseball but when there are 3 pages discussing moderation, what posts got flagged, etc it sucks.

I guarantee if you stay on this thread and discuss things amongst ourselves like we normally do you won't have your posts deleted, get banned, warned, etc.

Y'all are the ones who look like whiny babies right now.

Rant now over...Fck the Rangers

Just want to point out that we WERE discussing this amongst ourselves yesterday on OUR thread when things started getting nuked. That is what the *****ing has been about. I take it you were not here yesterday?
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Lol Dusty.

I mean, I think there is sick, and then there is sick. It's like there is hurt, and then there is hurt.

I don't believe Yordan was going to be denied playing last night unless he was physically unable to do so, and I believe that's what Dusty is saying.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

AgLA06 said:

TarponChaser said:

Seager would have cleaned it up, but yes, it was at least up the middle.
Since the postseason started.

5 pulled
4 up the middle
3 Oppo

IDK what he's trying to do, but I am not sure Tarpon is the best poster when it comes to judging TED.
k20dub
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Guys. The solution is so simple. Just post TexAgs pics

Catching up on the thread this morning and this got an audible laugh out of me. Well done.
First Page Last Page
Page 2893 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.