***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,136,291 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look at it this way…. among teams with home field advantage, we're tied for first at 1-1 through two games
W
AG
nobody stacks 100-win regular seasons...and early playoff exits like the Dodgers

it could happen again
Beau Holder
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Wow - LA loses both at home. Looking like another typical year for them.

They just can't hold up through the playoffs when they play more than 60 games.
HarryRocket
Run differential this year..

Dodgers +207
Diamondbacks -15
bearkatag15
AG

LAD being on this potentially 3 times is hilarious
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
jja79
AG
After the Arizona- LA game I flipped on to the local news here in Phoenix and they started with a piece by the obligatory gay midday news guy who actually said the DBacks jumped out to a quick 3 POINT lead. Then they interviewed "fans" coming out of the Pink concert so they got more hard hitting baseball content. Not Phoenix specific but indicative of how horrible local "news" is.
Silent For Too Long
3 years in a row, too
JDUB08AG
AG
There is no way Roberts survives another first round exit right?
Prosperdick
AG
JDUB08AG said:

tjack16
AG
ALCS tickets go on sale tomorrow.

I'm guessing how crazy the sale is will depend heavily on today's game result.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick said:

JDUB08AG said:

In years past, his bad decision making is what sank the club in the postseason. However, you can't blame 2 starting pitchers going for less than 3 innings and posting a 40+ ERA in your first 2 games on the manager. At some point, some blame has to fall on the front office for the roster they put together.
AustinCountyAg
I'm going to go ahead and get my FU Dusty out of the way this morning. Thanks for choosing Maldy's fatass at catcher over Diaz and having Brantley on the bench. It isn't tough to put a "C" next to Diaz AND having Brantley in the lineup together. In fact, it makes sense to everyone except his dumb fat ass.
dshedd41
S
Cmon man, not this early in the morning. Dusty led us to another WS title. Some of you guys think that you can manage this team better, I'd suggest you try before throwing F bombs at Dusty. Good morning
Gig’em Aggies!
Prosperdick
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I'm going to go ahead and get my FU Dusty out of the way this morning. Thanks for choosing Maldy's fatass at catcher over Diaz and having Brantley on the bench. It isn't tough to put a "C" next to Diaz AND having Brantley in the lineup together. In fact, it makes sense to everyone except his dumb fat ass.
This is the most frustrating part...apparently it makes enough sense to Dana to not overrule him. Why Dana, why?
Marvin
AG
dshedd41 said:

Cmon man, not this early in the morning. Dusty led us to another WS title. Some of you guys think that you can manage this team better, I'd suggest you try before throwing F bombs at Dusty. Good morning

When do you want me to start? I can be on a plane to Minnesota in about 30 minutes, give or take.
dshedd41
S
Be my guest lol
Gig’em Aggies!
AustinCountyAg
dshedd41 said:

your new hat must be hurting your head
JDUB08AG
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Prosperdick said:

JDUB08AG said:

In years past, his bad decision making is what sank the club in the postseason. However, you can't blame 2 starting pitchers going for less than 3 innings and posting a 40+ ERA in your first 2 games on the manager. At some point, some blame has to fall on the front office for the roster they put together.

Maybe. But postseason failures aren't an aberration for Roberts. You get less and less benefit of the doubt each passing year.
dshedd41
Marvin
AG
Sonny Gray has surrendered one run in his last 26 innings, with 29 Ks and 4 BBs. In 193 at bats with runners in scoring position this season, Gray has allowed 2 doubles and no homers to go with a .194 batting average against. He gave up 8 homers all year. Teams hit .209 the third time through the lineup, and only .200 after his 75th pitch... so you won't outlast him. In other words, the chances of the Astros getting shut out and pushed to the brink of elimination is very high.

TLDR- I expect a double-digit win.
spadilly
S
Step 1 - don't let Gray and Correa pick you off on second base tonight.
bullard21k
AG
dshedd41 said:

"Led"

K
Boiling Denim
bullard21k said:

dshedd41 said:

"Led"

K

"Got out of the way of"

which is no small feat given his 20+ year managing history

But as we saw this year old habits die hard
Ag_07
AG
Man I see Dusty pissed in everyone's Cheerios this morning.
Cromagnum
AG
Changing the mood this morning. I'm ALL IN for our next ALDS win today.

AustinCountyAg
you must've missed the part where Dusty announced Diaz will DH forcing Brantley out of the lineup and keeping Maldy in the lineup?
jetch17
AG
Good morning, indeed!
Cromagnum
AG
Ag_07 said:

Man I see Dusty pissed in everyone's Cheerios this morning.

To be fair, everyone wanted Cheerios but he gave us AppleJacks.
texasaggie2015
AG
Brantley is far from 100%. It's a miracle he's even been able to contribute at all and he's giving it everything he has.
Cromagnum
AG
I double dog dare someone to pick a fight with Mack this postseason.

dshedd41
S
Boobs make everything better lol
Gig’em Aggies!
AustinCountyAg
texasaggie2015 said:

Brantley is far from 100%. It's a miracle he's even been able to contribute at all and he's giving it everything he has.
that is a good point in regards to me *****ing about him not being in the lineup today. However, I'd venture to guess a 30% Brantley batting is better than a 100% healthy Maldy batting.
Big Al 1992
AG
Best 2 out of 3 series. Even with Maldy catching, even with Dusty managing, we got this. LFG!!!
jkag89
dshedd41 said:

Boobs make everything better lol
Not if they exceed bandwidth.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Sounds like exactly what we need to score 4 in the first inning
First Page Last Page
Page 2742 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.