***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,505,352 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
aggie813
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The team from southern Oklahoma, you know, the one that claims they don't even think about us much less talk about us. They are claiming we hack into the pitch com on the road but not at home. That explains why we suck at MM Park. Too funny
The D
AG
Our odds went from 82% pre series to win the division to 66% now. Ugh. Must win today
Jbob04
AG
Apathy is setting in, just like with A&M football. Come on Astros, get it together
All I do is Nguyen
Feels like every game is a must win now
Satellite of Love
I truely don't understand this team....
West Roxbury
Baseball is so random to begin with but this team is about as bipolar as they come. The home games situation is troubling but I am also wondering if this team is just comfortable (maybe too much so).

Playoff baseball also adds a lot of games over the course of a few years and so there is perhaps some natural fatigue that sets in. Who knows. I am grasping at straws like everyone.
gigemJTH12
AG
has anyone suggested our fans just boo all our batters every at bat and make them feel Away?
gigemJTH12
AG
The D said:

Our odds went from 82% pre series to win the division to 66% now. Ugh. Must win today
as always, those numbers are dumb AF
The D
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

The D said:

Why ? It's literally just running probabilities. It's ops dumb ? Is whip dumb ? Are betting lines dumb ?
texasaggie2015
AG
Comparing probabilities to OPS is apples and oranges IMO
gigemJTH12
AG
The D said:

gigemJTH12 said:

The D said:

Why ? It's literally just running probabilities. It's ops dumb ? Is whip dumb ? Are betting lines dumb ?
you think those are comparable?

they arent
The D
AG
Listening to 790 and the amount of maldy love from the callers is sickening. The points they are using:

1). The players love maldy
2). He calls the best game in the league
3) best defensive catcher in the league
4 Diaz is rookie
5) catchers aren't supposed to hit anyways
6) the offensive production we get with Diaz is outweighed by the game maldy calls behind the plate.

Can our fans get anymore dumb ? I heard this 4 times in a row
tjack16
AG
They can love him just as much when he's on the bench and coaching them up as a veteran leader while Diaz starts at catcher. Like 2017 Carlos Beltran
West Roxbury
I said something like that a few weeks ago, along with forcing the team to stay in a downtown Houston hotel for home games. LOL
redline248
AG
The D said:

Listening to 790 and the amount of maldy love from the callers is sickening. The points they are using:

1). The players love maldy
2). He calls the best game in the league
3) best defensive catcher in the league
4 Diaz is rookie
5) catchers aren't supposed to hit anyways
6) the offensive production we get with Diaz is outweighed by the game maldy calls behind the plate.

Can our fans get anymore dumb ? I heard this 4 times in a row

Not just dumb, but also wrong.
AustinCountyAg
anyone have the sound bite of Dusty being asked after the game why he didn't let Diaz bat for Maldy? I believe Dusty spouted back to the reporter that he was "nitpicking"?
Ag_07
AG
The fact that Maldy himself did not expect to bat in that situation confirms what I've suspected all along.

The shlt show of a situation as it pertains to the catcher situation is squarely on Dusty and no one else.
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

The fact that Maldy himself did not expect to bat in that situation confirms what I've suspected all along.

The shlt show of a situation as it pertains to the catcher situation is squarely on Dusty and no one else.
and on Crane for giving him that much rope to even to be able to still make that decision as it pertain to playing Maldy over Diaz.

I know it's been beat to death but our SP's have literally sucked with Maldy behind the plate. It isn't like he's calling some perfect game back there, or providing stellar defense. They've been bad. He's provided nothing but veteran leadership and respect which he can do the same by sitting his fatass on the bench.

uggghhhh. I knew I shouldn't have come to this thread this morning. Already pissed off before 8:30a.m.
McInnis
AG
Just a reminder of how funny baseball can be. In September of 2017 the Astros were on a tear. After Harvey and the JV trade they were a team on a mission. They were on a 7 game winning streak. But then they were swept in a four game series against the A's getting outscored 41-15. While the A's that year weren't as bad as this year's version they did finish in last place.

I'm going to give the A's a lot of credit. They've been a punching bag all year and it would be easy for their players to pack it in. They have nothing to play for but pride, but that's what their doing.

Having said all that, come on Astros. Get it together.
McInnis
AG
And oh,a footnote. After losing those four games to the last place A's the Astros finished the season winning 14 of their last 18 games.
n_touch
McInnis said:

Just a reminder of how funny baseball can be. In September of 2017 the Astros were on a tear. After Harvey and the JV trade they were a team on a mission. They were on a 7 game winning streak. But then they were swept in a four game series against the A's getting outscored 41-15. While the A's that year weren't as bad as this year's version they did finish in last place.

I'm going to give the A's a lot of credit. They've been a punching bag all year and it would be easy for their players to pack it in. They have nothing to play for but pride, but that's what their doing.

Having said all that, come on Astros. Get it together.

So what your saying is in the year that we traded for JV and were mashing in September and the A's brought them back to reality, the ended up taking the WS in game7?

Sounds like a deal to me. Its gonna be a wild month and a half
AustinCountyAg
may this also serve as a reminder for everyone who keeps posting crap like "we should win the next nine of ten because we are playing ______ and they suck, etc".......It's baseball and saying crap like that is asking for trouble. As proven by the past two nights, as well as being swept by the yanks when people were posting how they are terrible.

Farmer1906
AG

Ag_07
AG
But at the same time what we saw say has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the games.

This team just needs to nut up and play better on the field. It's on them
W
AG
Verlander's ERA is 3.86 with the Astros

given up 9 HR's in 49 innings

-------

his ERA with the Mets was 3.15

gave up 9 HR's in 94 innings
W
AG
the 7 games remaining between the Mariners and Rangers must be factoring heavily into those probabilities

because those are 7 guaranteed losses to be spread among the two --- no uncertainty there
AgLA06
AG
The D said:

They should all have been treated as must wins for the last month. We didn't and still don't have a comfortable division lead. That's why many of us are so furious with Dusty's malpractice of managing this team. It's the last month of the season and he's still playing lineup roulette. And people don't understand what's wrong with this team?!?!

No one knows where they stand, where they'll be in the order, or if they'll play day to day. Forget getting in a rhythm, they can't even trust the process.

What is it going to take some of you still defending this crap from waking up? The day we officially don't win the division? Because that's a possibility at this point.
Ciboag96
Beat40 said:

Ciboag96 said:

BadAggie said:

The Week Ahead

Astros (82-62)
3 v A's
3 @ Royals

Kryptonite

Check the Astros record against the A's this year.
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

the 7 games remaining between the Mariners and Rangers must be factoring heavily into those probabilities

because those are 7 guaranteed losses to be spread among the two --- no uncertainty there

Plus 2 more between Toronto & Arlington.

And Seattle still has to play the Dodgers.

And Toronto still has to play the Rays twice.

Guaranteed losses in there plus likely losses too.
Ciboag96
Can I haz lineup of death today pleez Dusty

Beerosch
AG
W said:

Verlander's ERA is 3.86 with the Astros

given up 9 HR's in 49 innings

-------

his ERA with the Mets was 3.15

gave up 9 HR's in 94 innings
Good thing he has the veteran Moldy catching him now and not that 21 year old rookie catcher on the Mets anymore
OKCAg2002
AG
If JV wants to show leadership on this team, he needs to request Diaz to be his catcher for his next start and build that relationship prior to the postseason.
Ag_07
AG
News flash...It's not JV making the decision

It's one Johnny B Baker Jr
OKCAg2002
AG
I don't disagree, but Dusty would likely submit to the wishes of his future HOF pitcher.
gigemJTH12
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

If JV wants to show leadership on this team, he needs to request Diaz to be his catcher for his next start and build that relationship prior to the postseason.
why are starters still being allowed preferred catcher when they suck anyways??

First Page Last Page
Page 2273 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.