***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,991 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have seen Astros from Dierker and Cesar C, all the way to now.

I have never seen anyone have more fun and get more out of their body than Jose Altuve.

Cedeno was a freak. If he played today he would be putting up Acuna numbers. 35/70 stuff. With modern bats and stadiums he would be doing that. He was that good before the ankle break.

JRR was Randy Johnson before Randy Johnson. Don Wilson was stupidly good and what could have been if he had not passed away.

But what Altuve is doing and how he is doing it just boggles the mind. He's going to be on the Mt Rushmore for 2B in baseball history.
Bag
AG
has the lineup been posted yet?
Ag_07
AG
We may be at the point that guys need to make an appearance today/tomorrow just to get their work in.
BadAggie
AG
Bag said:

Ag_07
AG
Bag said:

If you don't see a bunch of Dusty bashing and hand wringing on here then it's safe to say no the lineup is not out yet.
texasaggie2015
AG
About 3 hours before gametime. Like every other day
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

We may be at the point that guys need to make an appearance today/tomorrow just to get their work in.
Dusty mentioned this on 790 yesterday. He's been wanting to give Tuck and Bregs a day off but hasn't been able to. Although the blowout wins has allowed him to give the bench guys an at bat and some innings in the field so hopefully thats good enough to make him happy.
tjack16
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Ag_07 said:

Dusty mentioned this on 790 yesterday. He's been wanting to give Tuck and Bregs a day off but hasn't been able to. Although the blowout wins has allowed him to give the bench guys an at bat and some innings in the field so hopefully thats good enough to make him happy.

I'd imagine that Wednesday A's game will be the day to get Bregman or Tucker the day off
HarryRocket
Diaz compared to the Vegas favorite to win ROY.

Dusty has quite literally kept the ROY award from Diaz.

BadAggie
AG
tjack16 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Ag_07 said:

I'd imagine that Wednesday A's game will be the day to get Bregman or Tucker the day off

Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

I have seen Astros from Dierker and Cesar C, all the way to now.

I have never seen anyone have more fun and get more out of their body than Jose Altuve.

Cedeno was a freak. If he played today he would be putting up Acuna numbers. 35/70 stuff. With modern bats and stadiums he would be doing that. He was that good before the ankle break.

JRR was Randy Johnson before Randy Johnson. Don Wilson was stupidly good and what could have been if he had not passed away.

But what Altuve is doing and how he is doing it just boggles the mind. He's going to be on the Mt Rushmore for 2B in baseball history.
It's wild how he, after talking to someone while back in Venezuela (I can't remember who), realized he could add a leg lift and be able to hit for power. To go from slapping the ball around to driving it all over the park 3-4 years after joining the big leagues.

He's a special talent.
BadAggie
AG
HarryRocket said:

Peña last year and Diaz this year, out of the worst farm system in the league.

Hornbeck
AG
Wabs said:

We have Altuve for the first 60 games, we're leading this division by a long ways.

Yes, not a fan of the WBC being at the beginning of a season.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Ag_07 said:

He also specifically said but we can't do that in this series so he's looking at the next one.
3B Paul 97
AG
HarryRocket said:

Don't worry. You can thank him for that later.
Prosperdick
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

HarryRocket said:

Don't worry. You can thank him for that later.
As many have pointed out, it's not just crappy for Diaz but it would provide the organization an extra draft pick, something Dana certainly knows how to use based on his track record.
Mathguy64
AG
BadAggie said:

HarryRocket said:

Peña last year and Diaz this year, out of the worst farm system in the league.

I said this a couple of days ago. Thats a big deal. Being ROY gives the team a compensation pick and it gives the player service time to get to arbitration faster.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
So we can thank him later that we will keep him cheaper a year longer! Brilliant
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Criminals are dumb... Going after the Astros folks this year. First altuve, now Reggie?
Billy Baroo
AG
Perp made the mistake of stealing the car of someone who is high profile. Should have stolen a regular Joe's car and HPD likely wouldn't care.
W
AG
oh, so HPD does investigate stolen cars..
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

oh, so HPD does investigate stolen cars..

Only ones owned by high profile people so they can brag about it
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
MaxPower
Reggie is 77 and drives a hellcat? What a badass
Mr President Elect
AG
Hard to get too mad at the lineup knowing Maldy is getting the start and Dubon has an ops of 0.995 the last 30 days.

Mose Schrute
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Chazzy Pizzed!
stoneca
**** you dusty

He knows that Chas can play center field right

HarryRocket
Yea, **** dusty.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
And here I seriously thought Chaz would be in CF and Diaz at 1B
rosco511
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Hahahahahahah
maroonpivo
AG
Abreu needs to move down a spot.
Beau Holder
AG
rosco511 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Hahahahahahah

Looks like we got a couple savants here, guys
TRM
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Cromagnum
AG
tjack16 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Ag_07 said:

This. I swear to God if he benches our big guns today I'm going to lose my *****
Farmer1906
AG
We continue to do about 80% of what we should. Eventually that won't be enough.
Ag_07
AG
So Diaz is really gonna go all series with just what 4 ABs?

Good grief
First Page Last Page
Page 2163 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.