***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,250 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tucker at 5 again. I mean it worked yesterday but I still hate it. Old school 4 I would get even if I prefer top 3 but 5? 5? 5? And of course there's the continued disrespect of Chazzy Fizz.
Prosperdick
AG
Diaz 3 run bomb....off to the bench you go. Donkey gonna Donkey.
BadAggie
AG
Dusty valuing outfield defense in this series, not surprised that's limiting Uncle Mike.

Pitching staff really needs to get over its Linus need for the Maldy blanket.

Eovaldi is likely on a pitch count anyways.
Kashchei
AG
So, Dubon's great game means he gets to play the next game while Diaz's great game means he gets to ride the pine. Makes total sense.
AggiEE
Kashchei said:

So, Dubon's great game means he gets to play the next game while Diaz's great game means he gets to ride the pine. Makes total sense.

Diaz has good games all the time so that's nothing special

Need to reward the rare Dubon good game
Beat40
BadAggie said:

Dusty valuing outfield defense in this series, not surprised that's limiting Uncle Mike.

Pitching staff really needs to get over its Linus need for the Maldy blanket.

Eovaldi is likely on a pitch count anyways.
Can we please stop saying this? At this point, given the information 2015 has given us, it's more Dusty than it is anything else.
Beat40
RED AG 98 said:

Tucker at 5 again. I mean it worked yesterday but I still hate it. Old school 4 I would get even if I prefer top 3 but 5? 5? 5? And of course there's the continued disrespect of Chazzy Fizz.
That was the top 5 since essentially the ASB last year and last year's postseason.

I would prefer Tucker in the top 4, but at least there is more precedent to it working than just yesterday.
BTKAG97
AG

ESPN still likes Houston even with the Dusty factor.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38284948/mlb-september-predictions-world-series-playoff-races-mvp-cy-young

The 2023 World Series matchup will be ... ?
AL
Houston Astros: 8
Seattle Mariners: 3
Texas Rangers: 3
Minnesota Twins: 1
Toronto Blue Jays: 1
Tampa Bay Rays: 1
NL
Atlanta Braves: 12
Los Angeles Dodgers: 3
Philadelphia Phillies: 1
Milwaukee Brewers: 1
BadAggie
AG
Framber's last 5 starts. Gonna have to score 8 runs to win tonight imo.
RED AG 98
AG
True enough, just thought he figured it out with Tucker and Yordan in the top 4... Tucker has been too low quite a bit with DB for sure though.
Beat40
Just depends on if he's getting the groundball or not.

I think it will take less than 8 runs.
txags92
AG
linkdude said:

Larry arguing with Tags. Like two brick walls fighting
So he is saying if you take out the 9 non-starts, the Astros are 22-14 or .611 since July 5th when Yainer is in the starting lineup? Seems like a good thing to me. 50 pts over their season average seems like a good thing...but maybe that is just fan stuff.
Beat40
txags92 said:

linkdude said:

So he is saying if you take out the 9 non-starts, the Astros are 22-14 or .611 since July 5th when Yainer is in the starting lineup? Seems like a good thing to me. 50 pts over their season average seems like a good thing...but maybe that is just fan stuff.
Maybe one of the reasons I'm hopefully there will be a new manager next season is just so I can stop reading this statement over and over!
BTKAG97
AG
Wabs said:

AgLA06 said:

Hopefully he called in sick and got on a plane.

I can't imagine what he must be feeling. I'm on tilt just caddying for my daughter in local golf tournaments. And she's 8 with no expectations from me other than to gain some mental toughness and a life skill.
He texted and said he just landed.
gambochaman
AG
Dusty is so freaking stupid
BadAggie
AG
Beat40 said:

Hasn't fared well versus good offenses as of late. It'd be great to see him have a quality start tonight unfortunately that's not how he's been lately.
Beat40
BadAggie said:

Beat40 said:

Hasn't fared well versus good offenses as of late. It'd be great to see him have a quality start tonight unfortunately that's not how he's been lately.
Seattle was just red hot - they lit up the entire Astros staff that weekend. They aren't a good offense.

I expect him to give up 3-5 runs today.
Ag_07
AG
I doubt Yordan is playing LF at all this series because of the turf. Maybe the same for Brantley.
Ags #1
AG
At least chas is starting. Glass half full view. Diaz to pinch hit in the 8th
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

I doubt Yordan is playing LF at all this series because of the turf. Maybe the same for Brantley.
I think this is exactly the case.
txags92
AG
Beat40 said:

txags92 said:

linkdude said:

Maybe one of the reasons I'm hopefully there will be a new manager next season is just so I can stop reading this statement over and over!
From your lips to God's ears.
Prosperdick
AG
Ags #1 said:

I wish we could get the baby step of when Framber (or JV or just about everyone else Maldy gets to f***ing catch) exits around the 5th or 6th inning Maldy should AUTOMATICALLY be pinch hit for by Diaz.

I could care less if we have a 3rd catcher, if Diaz gets hurt we're f***ed regardless but he needs to pinch hit as early as possible so he has a chance at a pair of at bats.
BadAggie
AG
Ags #1 said:

I guess Uncle Mike could PH for Dubon, move Chas to CF if comfortable with Brantley in left. Otherwise it's Meyers as CF in late innings
gigemJTH12
AG
if this was college Diaz would already be in the portal.

I hate Dusty.
redline248
AG
Last 30 days, the offense has been pretty, pretty good. Abreu's totals here include before his injury. Since he came back after those few days off he's sitting at .719 OPS and 99 wRC+ (9 games, 39 PA)

In this same timeframe, the Astros are 15-12.

redline248
AG
Baby DuBONDS really making a jump
Prosperdick
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

if this was college Diaz would already be in the portal.

I hate Dusty.
Chas would be in the portal too...probably after the 2nd game of the season.
Ciboag96
Quote:

The Rangers reinstated Eovaldi without him making a rehab start in the minors. He hasn't faced live hitters since Aug. 21 but felt good after bullpen sessions Friday and Sunday.

An injured pitcher brought up without a rehab start to get into the groove?

Astros:

maca1028
Time to start working on my thank you letter to Dusty for when Yainer is the best catcher in baseball in a couple of years.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Unfortunately, it looked to me like Abreu was arm swinging again yesterday.

It has night and day to watch him when he is arm swinging vs. proper swinging, and likewise a telltale sign of how his back is doing. When he is arm-swinging, he needs to be out of the lineup for Diaz/Singleton at 1B.

I still really hope an offseason can help him heal and look more like himself next season, although as someone with chronic lumbar issues my whole life, I can speak to how much of a question mark that is.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beat40 said:

BadAggie
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Quote:

The Rangers reinstated Eovaldi without him making a rehab start in the minors. He hasn't faced live hitters since Aug. 21 but felt good after bullpen sessions Friday and Sunday.

An injured pitcher brought up without a rehab start to get into the groove?

Astros:

Might be whatever pitch count he's on that gives the Astros a shot
BadAggie
AG
Just gotta get enough licks in to get to the soft pink middle of that Rangers bullpen.
BadAggie
AG
TIL THEIR ARMS FALL OFF

txags92
AG
redline248 said:

Last 30 days, the offense has been pretty, pretty good. Abreu's totals here include before his injury. Since he came back after those few days off he's sitting at .719 OPS and 99 wRC+ (9 games, 39 PA)

In this same timeframe, the Astros are 15-12.

That is what is s weird about the last month. The numbers averaged out over 27 games look good. But they include a 5 game stretch with the most runs in Astros history and then a bunch of games where our hitters looked absolutely inept against what had been pretty pedestrian pitchers up to that point in the season. Pair it with our aces pitching like the Rangers bullpen and you get 15-12.
First Page Last Page
Page 2133 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.