***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,442,901 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beau Holder said:

Lost to the A's at home lol
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Wait, this was real?
How did I miss this?!

Someone with tweeter respond with the forced jerk off story
pirmag
AG
fan stuff...
Prosperdick
AG
W said:

the list of all-time Astro-killers might begin and end with Will Clark

he had a phenomenal 1.008 career OPS vs. Houston in 449 at-bats -- not a small sample size

even had an .896 OPS in the Astrodome

Clark destroyed the late 80's Astros teams

probably has the best numbers against Houston of a non-Hall of Famer
Ironically made the last out of Mike Scott's no hitter.
Dies Irae
BoxingAg84 said:

Wait, this was real?
How did I miss this?!

I guess we know the answer to the poll
gigemJTH12
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Wait, this was real?
How did I miss this?!

if we pick C does that make the Yankees org LGBT
Dies Irae

If you guys need some extra mariners tears this is a great compilation of the yordong on game 1 of the playoffs.

I didn't realize baggy and biggio were behind home plate and you can see them both raise their arms in unison when they hear the contact
Breggy Popup
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Wait, this was real?
How did I miss this?!

if we pick C does that make the Yankees org LGBT

No it makes Altuve and Verlander LGBT...which works because they literally love each other.
gigemJTH12
AG
True
Marvin
AG
My favorite Red Sox comment from last night's game:

Quote:

Kyle Barraclough died for this

I laughed out loud.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Prosperdick
AG
Beau Holder said:

Lost to the A's at home lol
Quote:

The announced attendance of 44,280 was the largest Tuesday crowd at T-Mobile Park since Seattle's 2014 home opener.
I love that they had a packed house to watch them lose to the lowly A's.
BeaumontAg05
AG
Dies Irae said:

If you guys need some extra mariners tears this is a great compilation of the yordong on game 1 of the playoffs.

I didn't realize baggy and biggio were behind home plate and you can see them both raise their arms in unison when they hear the contact

I know we swept them, but still feels like the closest series we played in the playoffs last year. Really reminded me of the 05 WS with how every game was close but ended in a sweep.
Wabs
AG
Dies Irae said:

That was awesome. Two things:

1. I don't understand a single word but the Spanish broadcasters were the best.

2. Yuli was one of the first ones to jump out of the dugout in celebration. God I miss that guy....
Wabs
AG
Really need to keep our eye on the Blue Jays, too. After today against the Nats, their next 9 games are against the Rockies, A's and Royals. Oof....
texasaggie2015
AG

Trevor Rosenthal is doing a full review of each ballpark's bullpen. Posting one per day. Maybe I'm just a baseball nerd but this is really cool.
TarponChaser
W said:

as expected...quite a few Hall of Famers feasted on the Astros thru the years

- Tony Gwynn had a .355 career BA vs. Houston. 320 hits vs. the Astros -- the most against any opponent

- Willie Stargell had a .922 career OPS vs. the Astros including 43 home runs

- Andre Dawson's OPS vs. the Astros (.857) is 50 points higher than his career OPS (.806)

Random argument- Will Clark who is not in the HOF is more deserving of it than Andre Dawson.

Dawson has like 429 career homers vs. 280'ish for Clark but Clark was a career .300+ hitter and Dawson was like .275.

Not sure I buy my own premise but it's something to ponder.
CFTXAG10
AG
Love this. Our season tix are right next to the Stros Pen in 155. Only two seats in the row. Some of the best seats in the house imo. Looking forward to his review.
texasaggie2015
AG
He would review the visitors bullpen which is in right center.

If you're ever in Cleveland, buy a cheap ticket to get in and go stand along the railing near the away bullpen in left center. I did that for the Astros series last year. It was fun watching those guys go through their routines and I got to have a conversation with a few of them. Decent view of the ballpark as well.
CFTXAG10
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

He would review the visitors bullpen which is in right center.

If you're ever in Cleveland, buy a cheap ticket to get in and go stand along the railing near the away bullpen in left center. I did that for the Astros series last year. It was fun watching those guys go through their routines and I got to have a conversation with a few of them. Decent view of the ballpark as well.
Will have to remember that. We've gotten to know a few of the bullpen guys, and Bracamonte is a good family friend. When we do go on road trips we always make it a point to go over to the visitor pen to say hello. In KC last year they had easy access to the guys which I think is awesome for the fan experience.
Big Al 1992
AG
So when Seattle plays Rangers do we want one team to beat the other totally out of the playoffs for good or is it better if they split each series. I'm leaning towards knock one of them all the way out so we only have to be concerned about the other.
texasaggie2015
AG
Bracamonte is the man. Genuinely one of the nicest guys ever.
Prosperdick
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

So when Seattle plays Rangers do we want one team to beat the other totally out of the playoffs for good or is it better if they split each series. I'm leaning towards knock one of them all the way out so we only have to be concerned about the other.
I'd rather they split so it's easier for us to take the division...at that point I don't care if both squeak in because we'll be in the driver's seat with a bye and rested arms (which we'll definitely need).
BeaumontAg05
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

While I think Texas has more talent, I'd rather knock Seattle out. With their starters, more dangerous team in my opinion.

Edit as I forgot about the bye, poster above is right.
Boiling Denim
So is Mike Clevinger too toxic of an asset still? Asking for a concerned CJ fan
bek.90
AG
Dies Irae said:

For me, the best part of that game (aside from the walk-off obviously), is the emotional swing of the kid in the stands. I know exactly how he felt at the lowest and highest points. I know most dislike this guy, including me, but this is the best video of the kid's emotional roller coaster. His first appearance is about 1:32, and the last is about 4:26.
https://digg.com/video/jomboy-houston-astros-yordan-alvarez
Farmer1906
AG
Boiling Denim said:

So is Mike Clevinger too toxic of an asset still? Asking for a concerned CJ fan

I don't want him.
Farmer1906
AG

Justin Verlander Has Made the Houston Astros the Team To Beat

Quote:

While Seattle and Baltimore have been fun teams to follow this season, and may very well finish with better records than Houston, neither team has the same level of experience and comfort in October that Houston has. Additionally, with injuries mounting in Baltimore and decimating the Texas Rangers, Houston finds itself with a phenomenal opportunity to make its way back to their familiar stomping grounds of the Fall Classic.

Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Our best month of the season was May 17-10 (.630). We currently sit 12-8 (.600). We need to finish 6-2 in the last eight to reach 18-10 (.643). If we finish 5-3 / 17-11, I would be a very happy camper.
We've gone 4-3 since this post. Need to win this afternoon to get to the 17-11 (.607) for Aug and lock in our second-best month. A loss means 16-12 (.571)

Seattle is 20-6 (.769) with 1 to go vs OAK.
Arlington is 15-11 (.577) with 1 to go @ NYM
Chef Elko
AG
I just want to remind everyone on this thread that flags fly forever and THE HOUSTON ASTROS ARE TWO TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!
Farmer1906
AG
Yall got it deleted too quickly. I was going to have some fun.
Mathguy64
AG
Dang mods are on the job this morning.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Our best month of the season was May 17-10 (.630). We currently sit 12-8 (.600). We need to finish 6-2 in the last eight to reach 18-10 (.643). If we finish 5-3 / 17-11, I would be a very happy camper.
We've gone 4-3 since this post. Need to win this afternoon to get to the 17-11 (.607) for Aug and lock in our second-best month. A loss means 16-12 (.571)

Seattle is 20-6 (.769) with 1 to go vs OAK.
Arlington is 15-11 (.577) with 1 to go @ NYM

Seattle has 4 more games against teams that have already mailed it in, then their September gauntlet hits. Kudos if they keep it up, but their free ride comes to an end soon.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Me too. He's a Dallas nut that spends his times talking about trucks, hunting, and conspiracy theories. Real man of genius.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Me too. He's a Dallas nut that spends his times talking about trucks, hunting, and conspiracy theories. Real man of genius.
I know. I was going to call him a liberal and watch his head explode.
Farmer1906
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 2022 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.