***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,476,190 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How can Maldy not catch for Maldy???

What about the game planning and the new kid getting tired?
Texaggie7nine
Meanwile, Jetch on his 5th marg in the crawford box

7nine
AggieJ2002
AG
Maldy's ERA definitely the fault of his catcher
Jbob04
AG
This is so fn stupid.
wangus12
AG
tremble said:

How testy is our dumb manager gonna be when he starts getting questions about missing the playoffs?

Press need to start asking now
West Roxbury
This is when I kinda wish Houston fans would let our team hear it. We don't have to be obnoxious like Mets or Yankees fans but, damn, when you are stinking up the joint at home sometimes it's healthy to let 'Em hear it. At the professional level anyway. We are damn near .500 at home. That just won't cut it.
W
AG
24 hits for Boston
3B Paul 97
AG
Mandy's pitch count getting too high. He won't be able to come in tomorrow.
Texas A&M
Does Maldy's runs count against our overall bullpen ERA, or do they ignore the stats when position players pitch?
agproducer
AG
OK. We just have to tie the record for the most runs in an inning, and we can walk this one off.
AggieJ2002
AG
Maldy with the same WHIP today as Montero ... better WHIP than France
Texas A&M
Texas A&M said:

Texas A&M said:

At this rate, Boston will have 36 hits by the end of the game.
They're still on pace for this.
I wasn't as far off as I thought that I'd be.
Jackal99
AG
Rally time, *****es!
texasaggie2015
AG
AggieJ2002
AG
Baseball Savant has Red Sox at 100% chance to win before the game is actually over.

So you're telling me there's not a chance?
Boiling Denim
Member that game Yordan and Altuve came back together and we were supposed to finally turn the corner and start turning it on.

Yeah 14-13 since then
bearkatag15
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Wait, so JP France's wife didn't take care of their baby the night before his start so he could be well rested??

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Marvin
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Member that game Yordan and Altuve came back together and we were supposed to finally turn the corner and start turning it on.

Yeah 14-13 since then

Everyone underestimated the force that is Kryptonite Baker.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
The D
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Yeah 14-13 since then

What about the other lineups the head dumb **** has run out there ?
AggiEE
texasaggie2015 said:

When JP is pitching the next day he should not be on baby duty

Give him his own room so he can get some sleep
AgLA06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Wait, so JP France's wife didn't take care of their baby the night before his start so he could be well rested??

Congratulations on being capable of not caring about your infant while it screams its lungs out the entire night.

At least the replies to her post on twitter weren't dumb (yet).
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

There has to be something to this home record. Too many distractions in Houston.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Boiling Denim said:

Yeah 14-13 since then

Remember that time this year when numbnuts changed the lineup after back-to-back games scoring 11 runs? I 'member.

Does that count games they still weren't in the lineup together like yesterday and the day before?
AggiEE
AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Congratulations on being capable of not caring about your infant while it screams its lungs out the entire night.

That's what the wife is for
Texas A&M
The team should hire them an overnight nanny.
bearkatag15
AG
AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

You are joking right? My wife and I traded getting up in the middle of the night with both our boys. Only one got up and the other would sleep. Its not that hard.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AgLA06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

You are joking right? My wife and I traded getting up in the middle of the night with both our boys. Only one got up and the other would sleep. Its not that hard.
She didn't say the baby woke up.

She said the baby was up the entire night and it was the worst night since he was born. Probably sick, probably running a high fever and they were worried sick. Get a grip.
W
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Yeah 14-13 since then
that is a sobering stat
AggiEE
AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

She said the baby was up the entire night and it was the worst night since he was born. Probably sick, probably running a high fever and they were worried sick. Get a grip.

That sounds like something no male would be that concerned with. Kids are sick and crying all the time.

A professional athlete should have the resources needed to get restful sleep before a big game. It ain't that complicated
W
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Strasburg retiring…wow

Amazes me we ran into such an improbable buzzsaw of Strasburg and Rendon at their peaks in 2019
this is a huge story

I think Strasburg becomes the first player of the mega-contract era...to walk away from a mega-contract

Nationals still owe him $35 MM in 2024, 2025, and 2026 (or at least they did)

total of $105 MM

how does this get resolved? Players union cannot be happy
f1ghtintexasaggie
AggiEE said:

AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

That sounds like something no male would be that concerned with. Kids are sick and crying all the time.

A professional athlete should have the resources needed to get restful sleep before a big game. It ain't that complicated

It's not like he's making bank. He's a rook, and those families often struggle mightily with the finances. You maybe would have a point, and my sympathy, if we were talking about V.
f1ghtintexasaggie
They are still on the hook for the contract, right?
W
AG
so babygate is back in Houston?

that excuse may be worse than Yordan's caught-a-finger-in-the-door-jamb
W
AG
don't know

this is unprecedented for a baseball player to walk away from that kind of money
TarponChaser
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

AggiEE said:

AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

AgLA06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

It's not like he's making bank. He's a rook, and those families often struggle mightily with the finances. You maybe would have a point, and my sympathy, if we were talking about V.

"Bank" is a relative term but even the MLB minimum that France is making is $720,000 a year.
First Page Last Page
Page 1918 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.