***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,501,720 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Well I have tickets for Saturday... and we all know what happened last time I saw Framber pitch
Farmer1906
AG
Bag said:

I will admit I missed the game yesterday, needed a night off after the last two games.

Question, why did Hunter Brown come in as relief? is he no longer in the starting rotation?

We have 6 starters. Instead of going to a full time 6 man rotation, guys are taking turn in the bullpen. It'll help keep their innings down as well as help the bullpen innings.
3B Paul 97
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bag said:

I will admit I missed the game yesterday, needed a night off after the last two games.

Question, why did Hunter Brown come in as relief? is he no longer in the starting rotation?

We have 6 starters. Instead of going to a full time 6 man rotation, guys are taking turn in the bullpen. It'll help keep their innings down as well as help the bullpen innings.

Javier needs to be the next to rest and pitch only a couple of
Innings out of the pen.
Bag
AG
https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/catcher-throwing

A strong argument can be made that the best catcher in the AL is the backup for your Houston Astros
Beat40
Chrundle the Great said:

cc10106 said:

Now remember, it's not JV's call, it's Dusty's to play Dubon in CF.

It is for sure at least a little bit JV's call
Hahaha. Nah.
Beat40
W said:

you know it sounds crazy...

but I'm glad JV and Framber are not pitching in this critical series vs. Seattle this weekend

Yanier's bat will be needed for all 3 games

edit...Yainer for 2 of 3 I guess
Yes, it is crazy to not want your best pitchers to pitch in a big series. You always win holding the other team to 0.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Chrundle the Great said:

cc10106 said:

Now remember, it's not JV's call, it's Dusty's to play Dubon in CF.

It is for sure at least a little bit JV's call
Hahaha. Nah.

Yup. This is 100% Dusty's call. I guess he's going to do whatever JV says.
txags92
AG
Beat40 said:

W said:

but I'm glad JV and Framber are not pitching in this critical series vs. Seattle this weekend

Yes, it is crazy to not want your best pitchers to pitch in a big series. You always win holding the other team to 0.
Same could be said for not wanting your best hitting and best defensive catcher playing behind the plate. Or leaving one of your best hitting outfielders against lefties out of the lineup against a lefty for some scrub who has hardly played CF all season. It is all crazy! Maldonado is DEAD LAST in the league in framing and behind Diaz in pretty much every other relevant defensive stat.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Beat40 said:

W said:

You also never win by scoring 0.
Post removed:
by user
Marvin
AG
Anybody interested in a Tucker replica ring? Let's make a deal.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
bearkatag15
AG
Marvin said:

What are you looking for in return?
spadilly
S
I'll trade you a Maldy ring. I have tickets for that game coming up.
txags92
AG
Bregxit said:

txags92 said:

Beat40 said:

W said:

Same could be said for not wanting your best hitting and best defensive catcher playing behind the plate. Or leaving one of your best hitting outfielders against lefties out of the lineup against a lefty for some scrub who has hardly played CF all season. It is all crazy! Maldonado is DEAD LAST in the league in framing and behind Diaz in pretty much every other relevant defensive stat.

Information is not new, but the argument it was responding too was. Of course it is crazy for the other poster to not want Framber and JV to be pitching against Seattle. But it just underscores the rest of the craziness about the daily lineup juggling that continues to not put our best offensive OR defensive lineup in the game night after night. When we have those guys on the mound, we (meaning Dusty) are making lineup choices that are demonstrably making our lineup worse offensively AND defensively. THAT is crazy...
Beat40
txags92 said:

Beat40 said:

W said:

Letting your extreme dislike for Maldy cause you to be glad JV and Framber don't pitch in an extremely big series IS crazy.

I want Diaz in the line-up just as much as everyone here, but that position is an actual crazy one, even if it's tongue-in-cheek.
Beat40
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Beat40 said:

W said:

You also never win by scoring 0.
How many times has an offense of Altuve, Bregman, Yordan, Tucker, and Chas scored 0? It's not many.

I'd take my chances with blanking them with my best pitchers than hope for worse pitchers in one of the biggest series of the year.

We're getting carried away with our Maldy takes on this thread.
txags92
AG
Beat40 said:

txags92 said:

Beat40 said:

W said:

Letting your extreme dislike for Maldy cause you to be glad JV and Framber don't pitch in an extremely big series IS crazy.

I want Diaz in the line-up just as much as everyone here, but that position is an actual crazy one, even if it's tongue-in-cheek.
Oh, I wasn't the one who said that about Framber and JV and I agree with you. But I was just highlighting that it is crazy that the lineup issues are driving people to that point. I don't think anybody here dislikes Maldy. He is by all accounts a great guy and works hard at his craft. But baseball is a production driven game and he is not producing like he used to on either side of the game.
Beau Holder
AG
I think you're right, but the direct and overwhelming negative impact Maldonado had on Monday's result and the fact that Diaz continues to hit homers, frame better, and throw out runners every time he's in the lineup, then sit for a day or two, has made the issue more acute I suppose.

Framber also hasn't exactly been "blanking them" quality for some time now outside of the no-hitter.
W
AG
the Astros are 13-1 since July 20th when Yainer starts

that is not a made up statistic

I repeat that is not a made up statistic
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

I'll make a daily "Marvin is awesome" post without any sarcasm.

Or maybe I can trade you the one I have. I believe it's Yordan. I'll have to check.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Or maybe I can trade you the one I have. I believe it's Yordan. I'll have to check.

Must have been a desperate obligation for you, of all people, to miss Tucker ring giveaway night!*

*This post is satire.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

That's a strong offer right there. I'll have to think about that one!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Sex Panther
AG
W said:

This is really all that matters. I'm sure it's just coincidence though
The D
AG
**** YOU DUSTY
GoodBullShark
AG
Bag said:

Dusty just wanted to test him out of the bullpen? Who knows?
bearkatag15
AG
The D said:

**** YOU DUSTY

What happened?
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

The D said:

**** YOU DUSTY

What happened?
Its Texags, does anything have to happen for that to be said?
Mr.Bond
AG
W said:

****in insane
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Daddy-O5
AG
W said:

Yea but have you asked the pitchers if they like winning?
txags92
AG
Mr.Bond said:

W said:

****in insane
In such a stats driven business where analytics are everything, I can't believe a guy like JV (who apparently buys into it based on his comments about the Mets) would ignore a stat like that and not at least go to Dusty and say "Hey, about that catcher thing, I am ok if you want to let Diaz catch me once or twice just to see how it works".
tjack16
AG
I'd be fine if Maldy caught Framber and JV only. Then Diaz catches the others
AgLA06
AG
txags92 said:

Mr.Bond said:

W said:

****in insane
In such a stats driven business where analytics are everything, I can't believe a guy like JV (who apparently buys into it based on his comments about the Mets) would ignore a stat like that and not at least go to Dusty and say "Hey, about that catcher thing, I am ok if you want to let Diaz catch me once or twice just to see how it works".
The guy who had to issue a response because it got out he wasn't happy with the lacking level of Mets analytics and pitching lab? Nah couldn't be.
First Page Last Page
Page 1737 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.