***Official Houston Astros 2022-23 Offseason Thread***

933,381 Views | 12340 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Beat40
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Teddy Perkins said:

Yuli with his second hit against the Astros.
I think behind Springer, I am going to miss the crap out of Yuli.
No matter what
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

It's 100% Dubon's job to lose
Dubon is going to start at 2B every Framber & Brown start while playing CF every Urquidy and Javier.
Ag_07
AG
It's all awash since I don't think he'll out produce Abreu but I don't think Yuli is done.

I don't think he'll be a batting champ but I also don't think he'll bat .220. Wouldn't shock me if he bounces back and he's a borderline AS.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Dubon is going to start at 2B every Framber & Brown start while playing CF every Urquidy and Javier.

I'm going to be pretty miserable on here if that happens
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

It's all awash since I don't think he'll out produce Abreu but I don't think Yuli is done.

I don't think he'll be a batting champ but I also don't think he'll bat .220. Wouldn't shock me if he bounces back and he's a borderline AS.
He's a no-time AS. I really wish he would have gotten picked in 2021. But the Astros were basically saying F U to the AS game.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'm going to be pretty miserable on here if that happens
Its the only logical reaction.
E
AG
Agreed on Dubon being the starting 2B til Tuve gets back.

I was at the game on sunday when they let Hensley start at 2nd and he looked so out of place. I bet Bannon could make the roster and back up Dubon. He looked good as a fielder and had nice at bats.
Farmer1906
AG

Well damn

Farmer1906
AG
E said:

Agreed on Dubon being the starting 2B til Tuve gets back.

I was at the game on sunday when they let Hensley start at 2nd and he looked so out of place. I bet Bannon could make the roster and back up Dubon. He looked good as a fielder and had nice at bats.

He looked out of place how? Because he's tall or did he misplay something? He got almost 600 innings at 2nd over 21-22.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RO519
AG

cc10106
I wonder how many folks will show up at the Astros Team Store to buy gold WS gear at midnight. Those poor employees.
All I do is Nguyen
I need a Jeremy Pena jersey. That will be my birthday gift this year, but I need them to release them online
No matter what
cc10106
Tonight will most likely be the highlight of any Angels fan's season, and we're still in Spring Training.
Mr.Bond
AG
cc10106 said:

I wonder how many folks will show up at the Astros Team Store to buy gold WS gear at midnight. Those poor employees.

You know exactly what kind of clientele is coming
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Texaggie7nine
FYI. Have some extra outfield grass tickets for Astros vs Space Cowboys on Monday 27th if anyone interested. $20 a piece would cover costs.
7nine
chlavinka
AG
But having Abreu will make you feel better
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Good to hear baseball is being flexible on this. I hope one of that the postseason doesn't require the clock or at worst it's longer with more ability to reset the clock if needed.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Good to hear baseball is being flexible on this. I hope one of that the postseason doesn't require the clock or at worst it's longer with more ability to reset the clock if needed.

I like they are getting feedback and being flexible but this "well we shouldn't do it in the playoffs" is horse*****

If they want to gimmick up the game with a ManfredMan and a pitch clock and funky restrictions on where defenders can stand, don't tell me it's for the betterment of the game in the regular season but then ditch it like a Lubbock co-ed with the clap the minute playoffs start. It's it's good for 162 games and deciding who gets into the playoffs it's good enough to keep in the playoffs. If not then why are you doing it in the first place?
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I like they are getting feedback and being flexible but this "well we shouldn't do it in the playoffs" is horse*****

If they want to gimmick up the game with a ManfredMan and a pitch clock and funky restrictions on where defenders can stand, don't tell me it's for the betterment of the game in the regular season but then ditch it like a Lubbock co-ed with the clap the minute playoffs start. It's it's good for 162 games and deciding who gets into the playoffs it's good enough to keep in the playoffs. If not then why are you doing it in the first place?

Because a 162 game season and the postseason are different animals 99% of the time. I can deal with some rushing, miscues, auto strikes/balls, etc in the regular season. I want to see the best of the best when it's all on the line.
Teddy Perkins
AG
DeRosa earlier on the WBC pregame said Tucker is not starting tonight because an ankle tweak and foul off his shin but do not fret, he is available if needed.
The Porkchop Express
Manfred's adjustments.

Astros start every inning with 2 outs on offense.
Yankees, Red Sox, Mets and Dodgers can take a player from any other team during the season at no charge.
If Aaron Judge hits a ball in the air out of the infield it is ruled a home run. If he hits an actual home run, it counts as 3 home runs.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
stoneca
Do y'all know if the new Gold Rush apparel will be available online? Don't live near Houston so can't make the trip to Minute Maid. Thanks
jah003
S
Thought for sure someone would have posted Julia in her gold jersey by now…
Prosperdick
AG
jah003 said:

Thought for sure someone would have posted Julia in her gold jersey by now…

I'd rather see her out of it.
tjack16
AG
stoneca said:

Do y'all know if the new Gold Rush apparel will be available online? Don't live near Houston so can't make the trip to Minute Maid. Thanks

It should be. Has been the last few years for other teams
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CqEbyuwJQ5s
Change it up a hair from the blondes
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

The marlins have a rat problem
n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

Anyone going? Would love a bobblehead but cant make it and dont feel like paying ebay pricing
EastCoastAgNc
AG
#lettuckhit
n_touch
How can anyone watch this with no pitch clock
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Ohtani is the greatest of all time. Yeah it's early, but everything that dude does is amazing.

Elite hitting
Elite pitching
Elite speed

What a tournament that was
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Steve Cohen is going to bankrupt himself this offseason to get Shohei
First Page Last Page
Page 337 of 353

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.