*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

112,495 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mr Gigem
Flounder Dorfman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So if I don't want DirecTV, my option to watch Ranger baseball is currently FuboTV?

I have YouTube TV. I can't purchase the Bally Sports Plus app and get it, right?
rbtexan
S
I have the mlb app and one team subscription. Not sure if you would have blackout issues, I live in TN and that's a non issue for me.
Jimbo Franchione
KT 90
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

So if I don't want DirecTV, my option to watch Ranger baseball is currently FuboTV?

I have YouTube TV. I can't purchase the Bally Sports Plus app and get it, right?

Not positive, but I "think" you can purchase a monthly subscription to the Bally app? May be off on that, but I recall them rolling out some new service, then all the money issues surfaced.

I'd hold tight for a little longer before making changes, since Directv is still good for now. I think there is another key date for the Bally bankruptcy stuff coming up, and things may change again. I am on Directv and holding tight, at least until there is more certainty on Ranger viewing options, maybe/probably beyond that as long as they are still available on Directv.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I guess what I can do is sit tight this week and see what plays out. I'll be at opening day and then Friday is off (I hate that!) so I could either do the Bally Plus app if that's an option or do the Fubo free trial. That would buy me another week and surely we'll have some clarity by then.
Tksymm7
AG
The games will be on Bally barring something completely out of left field.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
So the options are Directv, Fubo or the Bally app?

What I don't understand is if you have to have Directv or Fubo for the Bally app to work. I have heard yes and no to that question depending on who I ask.
DallasAg 94
Flounder Dorfman
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Flounder Dorfman said:

What I don't understand is if you have to have Directv or Fubo for the Bally app to work. I have heard yes and no to that question depending on who I ask.
The option of Live is still there.

Doing that Thursday!
KT 90
AG
I Already have a sub, it fyi for those interested:

DallasAg 94
Baby Billy
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

I pay around $15/mo for a separate subscription to Bally so I can watch the Stars or Mavs if I want to. It's an option but add another line to the list of subscriptions you need these days
DallasAg 94
DeangeloVickers
AG
I live north of Austin. Im blacked out with both Astros and Rangers...so Im supposed to be able to drive to Ranger and Astro home games to watch.....dang MLB blackout rules suck
fc2112
Nomar Mazara released by O's yesterday. Had great hopes for that big son of a gun.
topoftexasag
AG
Blackout rules are ridiculous. I live NE of Amarillo and both the Ranger and Astros are blacked out. They have made it difficult even for an avid baseball fan to watch the games, but are wondering why they can't grow the game? But hey let's speed up the game and change the rules, that will do it!
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I started reading the newspaper at 7. We had it delivered daily and I can still recall my mom paying the delivery boy. My dad wanted the paper delivered on the porch and he was willing to pay extra. And he would.

Read the paber daily until probably 2000. I read the whole thing. There wasn't a sport I couldn't tell you about.

In college, I would pick up a leftover WSJ and once I started my real job, I would read the WSJ and IBD.

One day it dawned on me that more and more articles published were sourced from the NYTimes. Then, one day they took a political side. We dumped them. 23 years ago I quite reading a daily newspaper and I'd just assume they close forever.

You know what replaced the morning paper, for me? TexAgs. And THAT is why I have so many Politics posts.

I mostly got that sub for more Ranger coverage, Started around Spring Training time, we'll see how long I keep it.

I do venture over F16, but I am mostly in a View Only mode on that board .

KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

I live north of Austin. Im blacked out with both Astros and Rangers...so Im supposed to be able to drive to Ranger and Astro home games to watch.....dang MLB blackout rules suck

Just MLBtv is blacked out? You should be able to watch via Bally. I'm in Austin and Bally is the go to for Ranger games. I just have the regular MLBtv channel, not the extra package the offer, but I do think the Rangers games are blacked out on there when they are on the main MLBtv channel.

Chipotlemonger
AG
topoftexasag said:

Blackout rules are ridiculous. I live NE of Amarillo and both the Ranger and Astros are blacked out. They have made it difficult even for an avid baseball fan to watch the games, but are wondering why they can't grow the game? But hey let's speed up the game and change the rules, that will do it!
Chipotlemonger
AG
As we've seen from the LIV/CW debacle, no one wants to go through the extra effort to tune in. Convenience is king for many, many fans.
duck79
AG
The Bally app is $20/month still?
JoCoAg09
AG
Flounder Dorfman said:

I'm pretty sure Spectrum still has it. Their interface kind of sucks though.
KT 90
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

As we've seen from the LIV/CW debacle, no one wants to go through the extra effort to tune in. Convenience is king for many, many fans.

I am on Directv, so no extra effort on my part. Just tune into channel 676 and it's done. Hopefully that'll still be the case once we work through the upcoming Bally mess.

KT 90
AG
Leody update:

fc2112
Last preseason game. Dress rehearsal for Thursday. Probably same batting order.

Yellerjacket
duck79 said:

The Bally app is $20/month still?
Yep. I'm not paying for another subscription. Preparing for another season of not watching games.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I got on the Bally Sports Plus site and it sure looks like the Rangers will not be broadcast on there unless you are subscribed to a service that has Bally Sports. So that means Directv or Fubo.

Looks like I'll be doing a Fubo 7 day trial.
fc2112
And of course, if you have Fubo, you don't need to pay for the Bally app - you just watch the game through Fubo.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I talked to a buddy with some connections and he said....you think you have it bad....people in Iowa are blacked out for like 6 teams and their nearest club can be a 5 hour drive.

Someone else's pain does kind of help

He said he expects the regional packages to fall a part and blackout rules to go away....best case scenario this season
MrCoachEricTaylor
That or you can just keep signing up for free trials with burner emails. That's how they track the accounts. I had a buddy do that with Peacock and he said he did it about 15 times before he finally decided to pay for it.
fc2112
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

That or you can just keep signing up for free trials with burner emails. That's how they track the accounts. I had a buddy do that with Peacock and he said he did it about 15 times before he finally decided to pay for it.
Paying for Fubo would be cheaper than the ensuing divorce I would incur by doing this.
Legal Custodian
AG
Quite the lineup for opening day ceremonies.

Texas Ranger Deputy
George W Bush
Greg Abbott
Nolan Ryan
Pudge
Tksymm7
AG
Evan Grant (Dallas Morning News) writes that he fully believes Ezequiel Duran and Cole Ragans will make the opening day roster, but also has the same questions as many of us here, that he's not sure how many at-bats there will be for Duran given everyone is healthy. He thinks that the last two spots are up for grabs for Hearn, Kennedy, Sborz and King. I personally do not like any of those four battling for the last two spots.
fc2112
I think it's Hearn and Kennedy for the last two bullpen spots.

I too think Duran makes the MLB roster. With Taveras out for an unknown amount of time, he'll get plenty of PT. Hell, he probably starts tomorrow.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Definitely would be okay if Hearn makes it. I personally do t see why Duran can't battle it out with Garver for the primary DH spot. Garver is good but I feel like he's never been very consistent.
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.