*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

109,460 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Mr Gigem
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm ready to see some.spring training video and games. We have any dates on televised games?
MrCoachEricTaylor
Looks like Saturday, Sunday, and Monday's games are televised! I thought I had heard before that only 3 or 4 of them would be including the last game against KC at the Globe before the season starts
AgBQ-00
AG
Awesome. Thanks
MrCoachEricTaylor
I went almost day by day through the schedule in the mlb app and there's very little in between the beginning and end of spring training, maybe one or two.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
This is making the rounds online as the supposed socks for the Rangers City Connect uniform. Posts on Reddit are saying the logo looks like one the DFW Spurs minor league team used.

fc2112
The Texas outline with the spur on it is very much like the old Spurs logo.

Of course, that logo was copied by the NBA team in San Antonio who will start chirping that the Rangers are copying "their" logo.

ClassOf17
Any ways to watch the games other than nationally televised? Is Bally plus an option?
fc2112
Has been discussed at length earlier, but in short - know one knows yet. Depends on if Diamond Sports Group files for bankruptcy and how the court rules their various properties to be distributed. March 17 is D Day for them deciding what to do about their missed debt payments.

MLB keeps saying their games will be broadcast or streamed somewhere, but it's not really in their hands.

Watch the proceedings over the next month and be prepared to jump at short notice.

One guaranteed way to see home games - buy tickets!
Mr Gigem
AG
fc2112 said:

I like this idea
ClassOf17
fc2112 said:

Has been discussed at length earlier, but in short - know one knows yet. Depends on if Diamond Sports Group files for bankruptcy and how the court rules their various properties to be distributed. March 17 is D Day for them deciding what to do about their missed debt payments.

MLB keeps saying their games will be broadcast or streamed somewhere, but it's not really in their hands.

Watch the proceedings over the next month and be prepared to jump at short notice.

My apologies, I meant spring training.

I actually have tickets to the regular season already.
rbtexan
S
FWIW, I'm not showing that today's game is available at all...no TV, no radio, per my MLB app. The weekend games look to be televised and/or the radio feed will be available.
Jimbo Franchione
investorAg83
AG
MLB66ir is still a thing right? Wonder if spring training would make it there.
Mr Gigem
AG
ClassOf17 said:

fc2112 said:

My apologies, I meant spring training.

I actually have tickets to the regular season already.
alvtimes
Rangers land 5 on MLB's top 100 players…. its an opinionated list but stat driven so..
28. deGrom
33. Seager
46. Semien
70. Lowe
99. Adolis sneaks in barely
Mr Gigem
AG
FYI we are offering 20 game plans in the Lexus Club this season if anyone is interested
AgsWin2011
AG
Mr Gigem said:

FYI we are offering 20 game plans in the Lexus Club this season if anyone is interested

PM me
Mr Gigem
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

Mr Gigem said:

PM me

Sent
MrCoachEricTaylor
I also wouldn't mind info, PM please!
TexAg1822
AG
I would also like more info if you can.

I've sent PM. Thank you!
Tksymm7
AG
Owen White had a really rough outing today. Not the end of the world but certainly disappointing.
Tksymm7
AG
Also, Justin Foscue can just flat out hit the baseball; 2-2 today and two homers in two days. The dude can swing it.
MrCoachEricTaylor
I sincerely hope we don't just trade him away. His bat potential should overrule any concerns of his glove. I hoping after this year, we move in from Garver and Foscue improves enough to get promoted and take over the full time DH spot
KT 90
AG
FYI: of you have Bally SW, Rangers are on now vs. the Reds. Rangers up 9-2 in the 6th. Huff just hit a long ball to RCF.

Tksymm7
AG
Zeke Duran is having a very good spring. His hitting is going to make it hard to send him back down to AAA, even if he needs to work on his outfield skills.
alvtimes
From todays broadcast, my diamond in the rough is Fernery Ozuna converted MIF with 100 mph fastball and wicked change….. granted he was mopping up in the 9th but more time on the mound might push him to the big league club. Time will tell!
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Zeke Duran is having a very good spring. His hitting is going to make it hard to send him back down to AAA, even if he needs to work on his outfield skills.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the outfield spots get filled with all of the non-roster invitees that were brought in to Spring Training this year. Maybe Duran makes the final roster regardless as a utility guy since he can obviously play the infield as well. Or I could see him getting sent to Round Rock to play every day in the outfield for a month or so, then getting called up.

rbtexan
S
My darkhorse candidate to make the team is reliever Marc Church. 100mph fastball and wicked slider. Very young, will be 22 soon, but in 76.1 career minor league innings he has 127 Ks with only 22 walks. Probably won't break camp with the big league team, but I'm betting he'll be one of the first call-ups if someone in the bullpen isn't getting it done.
Jimbo Franchione
KT 90
AG
alvtimes said:

From todays broadcast, my diamond in the rough is Fernery Ozuna converted MIF with 100 mph fastball and wicked change….. granted he was mopping up in the 9th but more time on the mound might push him to the big league club. Time will tell!

Was working, so didn't really see much of that, but he sure didn't look too big. He had to be sub-six foot in height. Guess it doesn't matter if you can crank it up to the triple digits. How long has he been pitching since the position switch?

Schall 02
AG
Is anyone else concerned about the regional tv networks imploding? Sports radio in Denver reporting the company that owns the Rockies' broadcast rights wants the team to take them back by something like March 30 2023 or they will file Chapter 7 liquidation of assets.
Mr Gigem
AG
It's certainly not looking good
alvtimes
KT 90 said:

alvtimes said:

Was working, so didn't really see much of that, but he sure didn't look too big. He had to be sub-six foot in height. Guess it doesn't matter if you can crank it up to the triple digits. How long has he been pitching since the position switch?

Best I can tell from google…. Az til '18 when Rangers converted him to pitcher…. but from 18 til 21 he doesnt seem to have accumulated any stats so IDK….. google also tells me he is 5'8…. but 100 is 100 and that changeup was super bendy!
toucan82
according to the 2022 Rangers prospect writeup at FanGraphs, he had TJ in 2018 and didn't pitch from 2019-21
fc2112
8 man bullpen, and the locks are:

Leclerc (R)
Barlow (R)
Hernandez (R)
Odorizzi (R)
Hearn (L)

Then the other guys who will get a shot:

Kennedy (R)
Cody (R)
Burke (L)
Sborz (R) (out of options)
King (L)

Dunning, Otto, Ragans, Winn - one maybe stays up as long relief, but let's just say Round Rock oughta be really good this year.
Tksymm7
AG
Brock Burke is a lock. He was our best reliever last year by a country mile.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.