*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

109,518 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Mr Gigem
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's get this off-season party started. Who all are we signing?

DeGrom
Judge
Perez
rbtexan
S
Gallo
Odor
Jordan Lyles
Jimbo Franchione
Mr Gigem
AG
KT 90
AG
DeGrom potential free agent suitors.... no mention of Rangers.

https://www.mlb.com/news/jacob-degrom-free-agency-top-suitors?partnerId=zh-20221010-723651-mlb-1-A&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20221010-723651-mlb-1-A&bt_ee=fxMTYITdmr8yMiEZGc50txZnVVPiVoEXZohQ1C6xadQYCraLU4L1VJm7MI1p2CXN&bt_ts=1665410164130

Will be interesting to see if the Rangers get into the mix for him at some point. But he won't come cheap, and has injury history as well.
DallasAg 94
We will have about $50M+ whatever the Owners are willing to spend.

We need
SP-1
SP-2
Cl: $7-10M
RHRP-Inning 8: $5M
RHRP-Inning 7: $3M
OF
3B - Jung?!

Perez, if he signs... likely gets $20M per.
Mr Gigem
AG
My guess is he'll be around $15M/year
'23 World Series Champs
Bugle Rank, File 3
South Platte
I went to the Rangers-Yankees game Monday night hoping to see #62. Instead I saw Boone cost Sev a no-hitter.

Pretty meh stadium. Zero artistic creativity/character compared to the Ballpark. It was built for a 60 win team knowing our fans no longer come to see baseball but to spend all game eating at the 50 restaurants and socializing. It's as if the franchise thinks we've all turned into d-bag Miami Heat fans and come to be seen. When you watch the Cardinals or Indians you see an enormous difference in a fan's personal investment in a game.

At least the roof was open.
rbtexan
S
Man, you're really bitter.
Jimbo Franchione
South Platte
rbtexan said:

For sure, I don't get invited to many parties.
jtstanley4621
AG
South Platte said:

rbtexan said:

For sure, I don't get invited to many parties.

I'm sure you're the first call for a pity party
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

We will have about $50M+ whatever the Owners are willing to spend.

We need
SP-1
SP-2
Cl: $7-10M
RHRP-Inning 8: $5M
RHRP-Inning 7: $3M
OF
3B - Jung?!

Perez, if he signs... likely gets $20M per.

We can use more depth in the bullpen for sure, but I am hopeful that out of Barlow/LeClerc/Hernandez we can fill at least inning 7 and inning 8. LeClerc and Hernandez were both coming off of TJ surgery, so not unusual to struggle initially during their comeback. Hopefully one or both of them will get closer to their prior form before TJ. Bring in one free agent and let them all compete for the 7/8/9 spots. Or these days you need more one inning type guys to handle the late inning workload since starters don't go as deep into games as they used to.

Matt Moore is a free agent I believe; he had a good season, but tbd if he returns.
MrCoachEricTaylor
I believe I heard CY say in an interview that they weren't too concerned with the bullpen. But I wouldn't mind getting a badass Joe Nathan level closer to pair with Hernandez and Leclerk. I do think Hernandez can be really special.
_lefraud_
AG
So will it be Bochy?
MrCoachEricTaylor
I'm pulling a little more for Bochy over Derozen. Mainly for his experience in producing competitive teams. But I think I'd be happy with either of them.
cmiller00
AG
In
jtstanley4621
AG
Congrats South Platte, you have been added to my ignore list. Initially was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but I am officially sick of your negative shouting into the void. Give it a rest. I would strongly recommend other posters on this thread to just never respond to him
TXAG 05
AG
Plattes posting history shows he is a Rangers fan, or at least, was a Rangers fan
Proposition Joe
I mean, I'm pretty bearish on the next 2-3 years but there's really no need to be a constant crybaby about it.
jtstanley4621
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Plattes posting history shows he is a Rangers fan, or at least, was a Rangers fan

Yeah he is, but he is constantly negative to the point of being an absolute beating
DallasAg 94
Reminds me of grapesoda and who was the one 4+/- years ago.
rbtexan
S
Have heard Ron Washington mentioned as a potential candidate, which I personally find pretty crazy given the way his previous tenure here ended.

Mr Gigem, have you heard any smoke about that? I'm not at all a fan of that idea....Wash is a great guy and he gets the players to play hard for him, but his in-game management was absolutely awful, especially his handling of the pitching staff/bullpen. I'm also not crazy about hiring a 70 year old during the tail end of a rebuild. JMO
Jimbo Franchione
Proposition Joe
Have heard him mentioned where, radio talking heads?

He'll be 71 shortly after opening day next year. He doesn't fit the analytical approach that most assume Chris Young will want, and between the cocaine use and the allegations that led to him resigning... yeah, it ain't gonna be Ron Washington.
rbtexan
S
Some talking heads, yes...and guys like Jeff Wilson and I think even Evan Grant said he felt like it had been discussed "internally". Saw that last bit on a twitter post on Bleacher Report. Wilson, who I have a lot of respect for, is in favor of bringing him back and I just don't get it. To me, that's like marrying your ex-wife.
Jimbo Franchione
Proposition Joe
If he was younger or fit the profile of the type of manager we needed (eg. if we had a stacked roster and we just needed someone to keep the clubhouse loose and happy), then maybe I could see it.

I loved what ROn brought to those 2009-2011 teams, I just dont think this roster is the one for him.
rbtexan
S
I completely agree. I also don't believe in "putting the band back together". There have been other manager jobs that have come open and he hasn't gotten a sniff on any of them. Nostalgia isn't the reason to hire someone.
Jimbo Franchione
PatAg
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Let's get this off-season party started. Who all are we signing?

DeGrom
Judge
Perez
You happen to have any contacts at the Mavericks for this guy?

https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/3329456

"I live in the mountians of south central CO, so we don't get a chance to go to many (or any) games. His favorite sport, by far, is basketball. His favorite teams are the Mavs and Nuggets.

I was lucky enough to get some fantastic seats (Section 118, about 1/2 way up) for the Mavs & Nuggets in Nov in Dallas. I've never been to an NBA game, and only to AAC once for a Stars game years ago.

Please give me any advice for the ultimate experience for my son. He is a fanatic for the Mavs. Can we show up early to watch shootaround, or go somewhere to possibly get a high five? Any chance for autographs, or anything else we should know about? Any tips on food? This will be a once in a lifetime thing for us, so I want to make it as memorable as possible for a great young man. "
South Platte
Worst case scenario is brewing. Astros might sweep the mlb playoffs and win another title. Apparently nobody can take even a single game from them.
Proposition Joe
Maybe you should find another hobby?
rbtexan
S
Quote:

Worst case scenario is brewing.

I've become convinced this is a schtick. No one could possibly throw out the amount of hyperbole you do and believe it.
Jimbo Franchione
Proposition Joe
rbtexan said:

Quote:

Worst case scenario is brewing.

I've become convinced this is a schtick. No one could possibly throw out the amount of hyperbole you do and believe it.

THIS WILL KILL RECRUITING!
Mr Gigem
AG
BOCHY!!
'23 World Series Champs
Bugle Rank, File 3
Mr Gigem
AG

'23 World Series Champs
Bugle Rank, File 3
KT 90
AG
was just coming to post this. Will be interesting to see how much of an overhaul we get on the coaching staff/style/philosophy.

vander54
S
Thoughts on the hire?
World's worst proofreader
jtstanley4621
AG
Not totally sure how to feel about this. Obviously he's got the 3 rings but he's definitely older…. I just hope he hires staff to be on the cutting edge of analytics, etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.