Recs for Going to a Cardinals Game

1,299 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag with kids
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just moved to Columbia, MO, so going to take some time to go see some of the ballparks that are much closer now and St. Louis was first on the list.

Any recommendations on best view/seats? Restaurants in the area for before or after the game? Anything else I should do while in the city?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Ive been twice and just went to a Cards game a few weeks ago. Busch is a gret stadium with a good atmosphere.

We got first row tickets behind the visitor dugout for cheap on StubHub but I think because it was a day game and was likely the hottest day of the year. The other game I've been to was in RF. Next time will be in the 200 Section behind home plate. The seats were shaded all day and they ha e big ceiling fans installed to move air around.

St Louis has Baseball Village which is a bunch of bars and restaurants to hang out at before the game. I recommend Salt and Smoke, a barbecue restaurant. I had their smoked bologna and it was pretty damn good. Also statues of their best all-time players in front of the stadium are must see if you are a baseball history nut like me.

Know Your Enemy
AG
If you're going as a Cardinals fan act like you're better than everyone else even though you're no better than any other team's ******* fans.
H2SAag
AG
Definitely do tour of Budweiser factory that was my favorite part of the trip. Also their equivalent to the astros' diamond club includes free alcohol and was cheaper than diamond club tix
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Buck Compton
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

If you're going as a Cardinals fan act like you're better than everyone else even though you're no better than any other team's ******* fans.
Astros fan, but definitely cheering for them since they're playing the Yankees.
St.LouisAggie
Busch is one of my favorite ball parks (completely biased). I'm actually headed to see the Cards play the Yankees with some Corps buddies. If you like baseball history then definitely check out the hall of fame.

In terms of seats I am probably not the best option since I am a student so cheaper = best. There's plenty of BBQ places near the area. As previously mentioned Salt and Smoke is good. I also like Bogarts near Soulard. I'd try St Louis style pizza if you have the opportunity.

Since you just moved to Missouri, I'd check out Kauffman stadium too. I think it is somewhat of a hidden gem that's nicer than what you'd think. St. Louis is a great city and most fans are passionate about the team. You'd be able to strike up conversation about ball and have a good time as a neutral.

W
AG
my 2 cents worth...the Gateway Arch is a great place to visit...and the view from the top is spectacular.

however the tram ride to the top is not for anyone who is the least bit claustrophobic.

if I remember correctly...it's 4 people in an egg-shaped carrier and of course no windows
Ag with kids
AG
W said:

my 2 cents worth...the Gateway Arch is a great place to visit...and the view from the top is spectacular.

however the tram ride to the top is not for anyone who is the least bit claustrophobic.

if I remember correctly...it's 4 people in an egg-shaped carrier and of course no windows
And make sure to watch the movie of how they built it...it's really cool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.