***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,037 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I could stand for separate 10 part Netflix documentaries on Dusty and Mattress Mack
bearkatag15
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I could stand for separate 10 part Netflix documentaries on Dusty and Mattress Mack

I think a documentary on Dusty will definitely happen one day.
agdaddy04
AG
Watching replay on mlbn right now
Bulldog73
AG
It would probably start with a high 5.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

I think a documentary on Dusty will definitely happen one day.

And I'm not sure there would be a more fitting ending than winning the ship. Riding into the sunset and then some B roll clips from his hall of fame speech
The Porkchop Express
AG
When we win, the first person to say oh good now Dusty can retire should get a week's ban for being Buzz Killington.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Jet Black
If Dusty wins the World Series he should comeback. He deserves it, no matter what you think of him.
Frok
AG
Y'all need to stop counting your chickens before they hatch.
Prime0882
AG
Frok said:

This was similar talk in 2019. We need to win one more game first.
tjack16
AG
Dusty is dumb sometimes. But results speak for themselves. He can stay manager as long as he wants IMO.

Each year we have gotten better under him (results wise) and we even lose a franchise player each year it seems.

2020: ALCS, lose Springer (no Yordan)
2021: World Series, lose Correa (also no JV)
2022: World Series, lose TBD (no Brantley)
Ag_07
AG
Someone more creative than me needs to type up a Framber Alert like you would get on your phone.

Last seen at MMP
Wearing blue amd rainbow Sunday Alternate jersey
Etc
Etc
jkag89
Prime0882 said:

Frok said:

In 2019 most post along these lines omitted the word "if."
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I, too, am concerned that the Houston Astros Major League Baseball franchise will read anonymous overconfident posts on the TexAgs and subsequently let that affect their performance in the World Series.
Frok
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

I, too, am concerned that the Houston Astros Major League Baseball franchise will read anonymous overconfident posts on the TexAgs and subsequently let that affect their performance in the World Series.

Don't test the baseball gods
OKCAg2002
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Who are the commentators? That's not Joe Davis and John Smoltz.
Eso si, Que es
Frok said:

SECond2noneAgs said:

They are real, and they are vindictive. I can't believe how naive some people are about their existence and retribution
JDUB08AG
AG
For those worried about 2019, we obliterated the nationals each game in DC, especially games 4 and 5. I think there was an element of complacency.

This team fought back from a gut wrenching game 3 and battled game 5. This team is mentally strong. We're gonna get it done.
Mathguy64
AG
Some of you are tempting the baseball gods in a very bad way.

You need to stop and give an offering. Imaginary boobs here. Or real ones on F16
RED AG 98
AG
Playoff Dusty >>>> Reg Season Dusty

The regular season version can be super frustrating at times but as stated above it is difficult to argue with the results.

This postseason in particular he's been pretty much nails. Sometimes in the moment -- and sometimes with the benefit of hindsight -- I've wanted him to pull a struggling pitcher a batter earlier (g1 and g5!).

I don't fault him for the DH position one bit. He can only use the tools he has and it's just been an abyss of late. We can argue that Hensley can't be worse all day (as I have) but that's not super strong at all and just a nit at this point.

Some 27 or 28 other teams would take this run in a heartbeat. Not settling in any way just a recognition that baseball is hard and the World Series is really freaking hard.

Please let us close this damn thing out tomorrow night!
Nino Brown
FrioAg 00 said:

Suarez will see a very different team in game 6 than he saw in Game 3

He'll be seeing the team he saw on October 4th.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/game/_/gameId/401423192

McInnis
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Project Gemini said:

I 100% agree. We have a fantastic team calling our games. I do most of my busy work during Astros games and it would suck so much to let these folks go somewhere else. We need some TexAgs sleuths to post the email of his boss so we can respectfully communicate how much we want him to stay.

Don't do that. Harassing random team employees isn't right.
How would contacting the broadcast dept. of the Astros and respectfully (in his words) expressing support for the current team constitute harassment?
07ag
AG
iamtheglove said:

Bregxit said:

Does anyone who made it to a game have an extra WS towel they'd be willing to sell?
You talking about the orange rally towels? I got an extra I'm happy to give you if that's what you're wanting

Good bull! Any chance you have a second world series rally towel?
https://ts.la/eric59704
Ciboag96
Ahhh Native Houstonian nostalgia. Remember watching a skinny young man in the '80s jumping in the air in a damn furniture commercial while waiting patiently for Paul Boesch to announce who Junkyard Dog was going to THUMP next. Now that guy is throwing a pitch in the 6th game of the World Series.
tjack16
AG
07ag said:

iamtheglove said:

Bregxit said:

Does anyone who made it to a game have an extra WS towel they'd be willing to sell?
You talking about the orange rally towels? I got an extra I'm happy to give you if that's what you're wanting

I'd like to be in on that as well if anybody has an extra
agdaddy04
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Who are the commentators? That's not Joe Davis and John Smoltz.

Honestly never turned the volume up as I was hanging out with my daughters and watching in the background. I thought parts of it sounded the same as last night though.
n_touch
tjack16 said:

07ag said:

iamtheglove said:

Bregxit said:

I'd like to be in on that as well if anybody has an extra
Im in for one if someone gets a third
PhatMack19
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Playoff Dusty >>>> Reg Season Dusty

The regular season version can be super frustrating at times but as stated above it is difficult to argue with the results.

This postseason in particular he's been pretty much nails. Sometimes in the moment -- and sometimes with the benefit of hindsight -- I've wanted him to pull a struggling pitcher a batter earlier (g1 and g5!).

I don't fault him for the DH position one bit. He can only use the tools he has and it's just been an abyss of late. We can argue that Hensley can't be worse all day (as I have) but that's not super strong at all and just a nit at this point.

Some 27 or 28 other teams would take this run in a heartbeat. Not settling in any way just a recognition that baseball is hard and the World Series is really freaking hard.

Please let us close this damn thing out tomorrow night!

I've softened some on Regular season Dusty. Every thing he does is for a reason. We have played more games than anyone the last 6 years. It is frustrating when he sits a guy that went 4-4 the night before, but ultimately his job is to have us fresh and ready for the postseason. Lots of off days mixed in and the 6 man rotation for most of the season really helped us stay fresh this season.

I know as fans we want to win every game, but sometimes there is a bigger picture. I trust in Dusty!
jah003
S
Apparently needed a 24 hour break.

We back. A fully clothed AOFA to celebrate the win.

RED AG 98
AG
Quote:

I've softened some on Regular season Dusty. Every thing he does is for a reason. We have played more games than anyone the last 6 years. It is frustrating when he sits a guy that went 4-4 the night before, but ultimately his job is to have us fresh and ready for the postseason. Lots of off days mixed in and the 6 man rotation for most of the season really helped us stay fresh this season.

I know as fans we want to win every game, but sometimes there is a bigger picture. I trust in Dusty!
I do agree here. I didn't explicitly state it but that's what I was trying to say with "it's hard to argue with the results." In the end the regular season is just a means to an end. The WS title is all that really matters.
Nino Brown
Frok said:

SECond2noneAgs said:

agdaddy04
AG
You're correct. Dave Flemming and Dan Plesac. It's the MLB International broadcast. Much better
The Porkchop Express
AG
Rocking my Jose Cruz rainbow throwback tomorrow at Kyle Field with my brother; first game we've been to in 6 years. Zero expectations other than to enjoy some SEC football to pass the time before the Framber Alert.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
CT75
AG
I just want to hear Leol Passe and Gene Elston call the game Saturday!!!
Just an Ag
AG
Prime0882 said:

Frok said:

my opinion: y'all mistakenly believe Dusty tries to win every game. During the regular season, Dusty manages to build the team. You can take exception to that, but he intentionally puts players in a position to perform. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. He rests a lot of players, based on the belief this is a marathon, not a sprint. But the playoffs are a sprint, so that can cause issues with his core philosophy. All-in-all, Dusty ain't bad. But it can be frustrating.
jg07
AG
Just an Ag said:

Prime0882 said:

Frok said:

my opinion: y'all mistakenly believe Dusty tries to win every game. During the regular season, Dusty manages to build the team. You can take exception to that, but he intentionally puts players in a position to perform. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. He rests a lot of players, based on the belief this is a marathon, not a sprint. But the playoffs are a sprint, so that can cause issues with his core philosophy. All-in-all, Dusty ain't bad. But it can be frustrating.
This and name me a perfect manager during the playoffs. Every team in the playoffs has a reason to second guess their manager.
First Page Last Page
Page 2268 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.