***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,311,995 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdaddy04 said:

People are freaking out about Peña being an arrogant showboat. Man, watching him all year and in interviews I'd say he's mild mannered confident guy. Do y'all hear people complaining about that? Maybe I'm being too sensitive since he's an Astro. Love the way he plays.
What "people"? And **** them.
BCSGrubber
AG
What is our guess for the roof tomorrow?
Mathguy64
AG
BCSGrubber said:

It's in the "go **** your self Rob" position.
agdaddy04
AG
Bag said:

agdaddy04 said:

People are freaking out about Peña being an arrogant showboat. Man, watching him all year and in interviews I'd say he's mild mannered confident guy. Do y'all hear people complaining about that? Maybe I'm being too sensitive since he's an Astro. Love the way he plays.
first i have heard this who are these people?

Probably not a good sample, but on comment threads of his plays posted by MLBN. Guess those people probably aren't a good representation of society. Just surprised to see it mentioned at all.
jkag89
Mathguy64 said:

BCSGrubber said:

It's in the "go **** your self Rob" position.
Oops, mechanical issues. Roof stuck closed.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Listening to Blum on 790 and on several of his podcasts, he's made multiple references to not having a contract yet for next season. If he and TK are not back, there should be rioting in the streets. They need to lock both of them up before someone else recruits him away.
you are obsessed with this.

I'm not obsessed. It's an off day and something to talk about. It's just very obvious every time he gets behind a mic.

I watch every single game in the regular season, and the crew we have are very good. I do not want the quality of the viewing experience to diminish. Whoever is in charge of those decisions would be foolish to let them go.

Do you want to watch a full season of Astros baseball with Esh and Brian Bougasevic l(sp?)? That would be insufferable. It would be like watching the rangers broadcast or a national broadcast every night.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
88Warrior
agdaddy04 said:

After Correa and his arrogance I found Pena to be a breath of fresh air…
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Hopefully he knows the words to the anthem
3 Toed Pete
AG
gougler08 said:

bearkatag15 said:

who needs Jomboy if we had on field mics

That ump handled it extremely well
As he popped nicorette after nicorette into his mouth.
The Porkchop Express
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Honest question: is next year still considered Hunter's rookie year?
It's not, but only because of the Astros long playoff run.

Typically the cutoff for it being your rookie year is 50 innings pitched or 130 at-bats.

But the other caveat is 45 straight days on the team's active roster.

So most guys that get a September 1st call-up are still rookies the next season because their seasons only last from 9/1 to the first week of October.

But with the expanded playoff format and the Astros going onto the World Series, this became Hunter's rookie season on October 15 when he was on the team roster consecutively through the playoff series.

So his rookie season stats are just what they were in the regular season - 2-0, 0.89 ERA, 22 K.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Yeah, what are the sources of this?

He makes a heart shape with his hands every time he gets on base to tell his mom he loves you. Not exactly a showboating gangsta.
iamtheglove
EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Listening to Blum on 790 and on several of his podcasts, he's made multiple references to not having a contract yet for next season. If he and TK are not back, there should be rioting in the streets. They need to lock both of them up before someone else recruits him away.
you are obsessed with this.

I'm not obsessed. It's an off day and something to talk about. It's just very obvious every time he gets behind a mic.

I watch every single game in the regular season, and the crew we have are very good. I do not want the quality of the viewing experience to diminish. Whoever is in charge of those decisions would be foolish to let them go.

Do you want to watch a full season of Astros baseball with Esh and Brian Bougasevic l(sp?)? That would be insufferable. It would be like watching the rangers broadcast or a national broadcast every night.
TK and Blum are team employees. The Astros will be making the contract decision. I assume they are waiting until the playoffs are over to address the broadcast team.
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Need to have him sing "A Father's Love" next time the Yankees come to town with some slightly altered lyrics.

You see Daddy don't just end the Yankees every now and then,
It's a streak without end, Amen.

And how Texas of us to counter Meek Mill's angry stagger around the outfield with George Strait to bring it home.
htxag09
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

agdaddy04 said:

Yeah, what are the sources of this?

He makes a heart shape with his hands every time he gets on base to tell his mom he loves you. Not exactly a showboating gangsta.

And compare every one of his home runs and his reaction out of the box to every other player. He's usually around first already when it's out. Most other players are barely out of the box.
Project Gemini
AG
I 100% agree. We have a fantastic team calling our games. I do most of my busy work during Astros games and it would suck so much to let these folks go somewhere else. We need some TexAgs sleuths to post the email of his boss so we can respectfully communicate how much we want him to stay.
iamtheglove
Bregxit said:

Does anyone who made it to a game have an extra WS towel they'd be willing to sell?
You talking about the orange rally towels? I got an extra I'm happy to give you if that's what you're wanting
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Project Gemini said:

I 100% agree. We have a fantastic team calling our games. I do most of my busy work during Astros games and it would suck so much to let these folks go somewhere else. We need some TexAgs sleuths to post the email of his boss so we can respectfully communicate how much we want him to stay.

Don't do that. Harassing random team employees isn't right.
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Project Gemini said:

Don't do that. Harassing random team employees isn't right.

Not to mention they are ATT Sports not Astros employees no?
BMX Bandit
The Porkchop Express said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Honest question: is next year still considered Hunter's rookie year?
It's not, but only because of the Astros long playoff run.

Typically the cutoff for it being your rookie year is 50 innings pitched or 130 at-bats.

But the other caveat is 45 straight days on the team's active roster.

So most guys that get a September 1st call-up are still rookies the next season because their seasons only last from 9/1 to the first week of October.

But with the expanded playoff format and the Astros going onto the World Series, this became Hunter's rookie season on October 15 when he was on the team roster consecutively through the playoff series.

So his rookie season stats are just what they were in the regular season - 2-0, 0.89 ERA, 22 K.

This is incorrect. Only the "championship season" days played is looked at for rookie eligibility. The championship season does not include the playoffs.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Blum & Kalas' contacts are with the Astros
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Julia is ATT tho
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Thanks. I wondered if I had it backwards.
JYDog90
AG
The king of the t-shirt over the work shirt guy.
Post removed:
by user
iamtheglove
Bregxit said:

iamtheglove said:

Bregxit said:

Does anyone who made it to a game have an extra WS towel they'd be willing to sell?
You talking about the orange rally towels? I got an extra I'm happy to give you if that's what you're wanting

Yes the orange WS rally towel. I have 17, 19 and 21. Couldn't get tickets this year. If you have a spare I would love you foevah.
Sure, no problem. PM me your address
jkag89
Good Bull
Post removed:
by user
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JYDog90
AG
Dusty is THE biggest character in baseball. He's freaking played with the entire HoF, managed forever, wears surgical gloves, his own sweatbands, he's a bon vivant (a connoisseur of fine wines and d a master teller of tales), and a great guy that loves his players.

We bag on him and want him gone, but we should embrace the sh** out of him while we have the chance.
Jet Black
I will be thrilled to death if the Astros win a World Series with Dusty Baker as the manager. Dusty is a guy that you want as a significant part of Astros history.
Project Gemini
AG
I never said I wanted to harass random employees. But sure, make **** up bruh.
First Page Last Page
Page 2267 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.