***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,063 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
kegstand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jackal99
AG
Chas McCormick, Angel in the Outfield
Wabs
AG
bigjag19
AG
But Mack needs to throw it.
Bag
AG
kegstand said:

is that legit?
YNWA_AG
AG

Wheeler and Suarez in game 6 and Nola in game 7. Interesting
FrioAg 00
AG
Suarez will see a very different team in game 6 than he saw in Game 3
Traces of Texas
After Houston Astros outfielder Chas McCormick made "The Catch" last night he fell back onto the warning track. One of my reader's friends was sitting right there above him and snapped this photo of the impression Mccormick's body made in the dirt and shared it with my reader seconds afterward. She was kind enough to post it on my page. Awesome. You can even see the imprint made by the raised stitching on Chas' number 20. The Shroud of Philly?

bearkatag15
AG
I assume you run that account?

It's a great account to follow
BeaumontAg05
AG
All I kept thinking last night was how Philly used every bullet in their bullpen. I know we used a lot too, but first of all we won, second we have a deeper pen. I just can't imagine what they will throw our of the bp, guess that's why Suarez is there.
Jackal99
AG
Love your work, good sir!
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/how-nick-castellanos-became-octobers-fielding-star?partnerID=web_article-share

Basically Castellanos is making very good (not great) plays and he attributes the poor regular season play because he doesn't pay good enough attention. Yikes.
Jet Black
tjack16 said:

We gotta agree to disagree on this one. The huge numbers, huge waistline and big stripes down the side are awful to me. Looks like a karate belt

These would look so much better with a few minor alterations. Tighten them up some so they are more form fitting and maybe even make it a button down.
Beau Holder
AG
BeaumontAg05 said:

All I kept thinking last night was how Philly used every bullet in their bullpen. I know we used a lot too, but first of all we won, second we have a deeper pen. I just can't imagine what they will throw our of the bp, guess that's why Suarez is there.

Alvarado threw 20 pitches back to back nights. I don't think one off day will make him not feel that. Everyone else they remotely rely on had to go 15+ of high-leverage throws. And if they go with Nola in a potential game 7, that's short rest and I seem to recall he historically has not been good in that situation.
bigjag19
AG
Need this on my wall.
Wabs
AG
Cherry on top of a WS win would be to ***** slap that Suarez dude
cone
AG
YNWA_AG said:

wow

did not expect that
RC_57
AG
Red Five said:

RC_57 said:

After watching all season, I can't believe it's taken me until game 5 of the Series to notice that Chas catches left, bats right.

Guess with all that time wasted with Myers in center kept me from noticing.

Wish Chas could switch over and bat left too.
It should have made you notice faster, since Meyers also ...
Yes, I agree with you there, but I missed it.

I'm going to chalk it up to me still learning the game, what nuances to catch (no pun intended).

Even though I had a few experiences with the game growing up (including going to an 18(?) or more inning game back at the dome which both my dad and I slept through a lot of), up until about 8 years or so ago I really didn't follow baseball. But about then I was watching some Astros' telecast and really got caught up in the intricacies of a game. Been getting more and more involved since then.

Guess it's never too late

Cromagnum
AG
Jet Black said:

tjack16 said:

We gotta agree to disagree on this one. The huge numbers, huge waistline and big stripes down the side are awful to me. Looks like a karate belt

These would look so much better with a few minor alterations. Tighten them up some so they are more form fitting and maybe even make it a button down.

If we are modernizing throwbacks, may as well write "HTine hol' it dine" on there and put a cup of purple drank on it.
bearkatag15
AG
cone said:

YNWA_AG said:

wow

did not expect that

Suarez has been the best starter for them so far. It's an elimination game so it makes sense. Nola on very short rest would get rocked but we'll never see it happen since we are winning tomorrow
Jackal99
AG
RC_57 said:

After watching all season, I can't believe it's taken me until game 5 of the Series to notice that Chas catches left, bats right.

My 9-year old son is righthanded. Writes right, throws right, catches right. Bats left. Weirdest thing, but he's much better from the left than the right.
htxag09
AG
Jackal99 said:

RC_57 said:

My 9-year old son is righthanded. Writes right, throws right, catches right. Bats left. Weirdest thing, but he's much better from the left than the right.
I'd say this is more common, though. Generally by design.
Jet Black
Cromagnum said:

Jet Black said:

tjack16 said:

If we are modernizing throwbacks, may as well write "HTine hol' it dine" on there and put a cup of purple drank on it.

Nothing crazy. Just tighten them up where they don't look like pajamas.
agdoc2001
AG
Cromagnum said:

Jet Black said:

tjack16 said:

Take my money!!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jackal99
AG
htxag09 said:

Jackal99 said:

RC_57 said:

I'd say this is more common, though. Generally by design.
True. He just happened to learn to swing the whiffle bat lefthanded first, and it's stuck with him.
Cromagnum
AG
I hope they do bust them out one way or the other. I don't know if they will do that with Framber on the mound though. I don't want them saved for game 7, because I do not want a game 7.
Wabs
AG
Cromagnum said:

I hope they do bust them out one way or the other. I don't know if they will do that with Framber on the mound though. I don't want them saved for game 7, because I do not want a game 7.
Blue on Saturday so Framber can cheat again.
htxag09
AG
My brother in law is a softball coach. Their daughter does everything right handed but hits left handed.
Cromagnum
AG
I would also be good with this version.

Wabs
AG
htxag09 said:

My brother in law is a softball coach. Their daughter does everything right handed but hits left handed.
Very common in softball because they slap hit from the left side
htxag09
AG
Wabs said:

htxag09 said:

Very common in softball because they slap hit from the left side

For sure, but also common in baseball for an advantage in facing majority right handed pitchers. See Kyle Tucker and yordan Alvarez.
Farmer1906
AG
Cromagnum said:

I would also be good with this version.

Agreed.
Jbob04
AG
Jackal99 said:

RC_57 said:

My almost 9 year old son does everything right handed but when he kicks a ball, it's with his left foot and can kick the **** out of it. Ask him to do it with his right, and it's so bad it's funny.
Anonymous Source
S
Here's a question: My dad dozed off during last night's game and my parents are looking for a re-broadcast. Anyone know if it's on-demand anywhere?
Gig 'Em
Traces of Texas
bearkatag15 said:

I assume you run that account?

It's a great account to follow

Yes I do. Thank you for the kindly comment.
First Page Last Page
Page 2263 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.