***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,558 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So glad Pressly has shed his "hold into your butts" status. Been a stone cold killer this PS.

BCSGrubber
AG
maca1028 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

This is a good one to watch, even if you've never watched Ben before

My allergies are killing me

All his talk about his daughter and perspective makes me think that he may hang it up after the season. Look at how he lights up talking about his family. Compare that to Brady trying to hang on and losing his family.
CT75
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Somehow the play by play guy managed to downplay the best catch of the last ten years of the World Series. I've tried to be really arbitrary with the guy even though I know he works for the Dodgers all year, but last night his true colors were really out - called Atluve "the face of this franchise for better or worse", and talked how close Realmuto came to tying the game over and over.

So much this with these guys. I noticed that little subtle dig at the time. I haven't muted them yet....but have the volume low and mostly ignore their constant bias chatter.
maca1028
EsipN sucks balls as usual. I'll click over there when MLB Network is on repeat and they are never talking WS. It's either basketball or Brady
Ciboag96
Don't worry about the egg sucking northeasterners behind the mikes. We're hated by most of them because we aren't even considered a part of their real world.

Embrace it. Wear it like a warm blanket. Prop your feet up on it. Let their anger or apathy soak into you like bath salts. Mmmmmmm. Ahhhhhhh.
All I do is Nguyen
If we win Saturday my vote for MVp is either Pena or Pressly.
chlavinka
AG
Listen to Astros radio. It's a bit ahead of the video feed but it's worth it. I turned down the Fox sound right before "our" big inning on Wednesday and have never looked back.
cone
AG
Ag12thman said:

wow

appreciate whoever dug deep to get this one
The Porkchop Express
AG
Just warning you guys don't get mad when they cut away from the trophy presentation tomorrow night for an interview with Bryce Harper about what a champion he is even in defeat.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Frok
AG
We need redemption from the 2019 World Series this weekend.
RED AG 98
AG
Here's the MLB segment if yall missed it last night. Definitely worth a watch

Pena: 3:00
JV: 5:20

spadilly
S
If anyone missed it, here's JV's interview with the FOX guys on FS1 after the game. This was fantastic as well. You can really tell how much of a student of the game he is, and how much this win meant for him.
About 6:00 in (when he starts talking about Trey's play), he starts getting emotional about the locker room and fired up about how special this team is.

'I'm just so fired up guys' - Justin Verlander speaks to 'MLB on FOX' crew after picking up first career World Series victory for Astros | FOX Sports
Jbob04
AG
I loved that interview with JV and his brother. He seemed extremely humbled in that moment.
Cromagnum
AG
Frok said:

We need redemption from the 2019 World Series this weekend.

And redemption for the 2021 one next year. Gotta clear through the backlog.
Houston Lee
AG
My wife thinks that Brandon Marsh is Bigfoot.

"Oh look, BIGFOOT is up to bat. That guy is disgusting. He sucks and can't play. His last name is Marsh? He looks like he came out of a swamp/marsh."

BMX Bandit
Wabs said:

Front runner for MVP too close to call, but me personally?

Pressly
Pena
Abreu (won't get it but DAMN this guy has been nails)

*If Framber has another shut down game he will be in the mix.
what is Pena's WS slashline?

agree that Framber can win it saturday.
Silian Rail
Dude looks like Forrest Gump during the jogging years
Farmer1906
AG

It's Bregman or Pena for position players unless something goes off in 6 and possibly 7.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Silian Rail said:

Dude looks like Forrest Gump during the jogging years
LOL!

Hopefully Saturday is when "I think I'll go home now" happens
TREX01
I started to post yesterday about all the special moment/plays this team has provided over the last 6-7 years. I stopped because I wanted to see what would transpire last night. Well we certainly didn't disappoint. The catch by Chas, should be known just as "The Catch" as far as Astros fans are concerned.

Just think about the playoffs this year. We have last nights classic. The No-No. Pena with the 18th homer in Seattle, which in itself is such a classic game. Yordan's homer in Game 1 vs Seattle. Sweeping thru the Yanks like we did. They just never quit impressing and coming up with unbelievable performances.

Can't wait for Saturday night. I want to taste that victory again. 2017 seems like ages ago. I can still remember the tears vs the Mets in 86 and all the playoff disappointments from the late 90's thru 2005. You never wipe all that away but having one more WS title and talk of dynasty sure would push those memories to a deeper part of the brain.

LFG boys!!!!
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It's Bregman or Pena for position players unless something goes off in 6 and possibly 7.
Yordan....
htxag09
AG
BCSGrubber said:

maca1028 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

All his talk about his daughter and perspective makes me think that he may hang it up after the season. Look at how he lights up talking about his family. Compare that to Brady trying to hang on and losing his family.

I get what you're saying. But it's also apples to oranges. One of the reasons Brady's family wants him to retire is because football is so violent and they want him functioning when he retires to actually be able to spend quality time together. Baseball not so much.

I agree JV speaks completely different about his family. You can tell they're the most important thing to him. But he's also a competitor. Hard to see him hanging it up when he won a cy young…..either way, I literally love him.
Farmer1906
AG
Phillies
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
So I'm watching last night and I'm an absolute wreck. Both my wife and I are losing our shlt.

Sitting here this morning nursing a bit of hangover I thought...We were going out of our minds in those tense moments watching from our living room but meanwhile Ryan Pressly is standing on the kind making huge pitch after huge pitch.

How in the the world can he keep his composure during those moments and execute much less execute at that high of a level.

Absolutely insane to me
agdaddy04
AG
Ag12thman said:

One of the best low-scoring World Series games you'll ever see. Edge of your seat stuff and it wasn't a dream that we can out on top!
even though game 5 2017 was exciting, I almost prefer a game like last night. Every play was critical.
Ag_07
AG
GM 5 was fun

Last night something completely different. That was nerve racking like I've never experienced.
Farmer1906
AG
The O faces at the end got me.
AustinAg2K
BCSGrubber said:

maca1028 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

1. He has said multiple times, very recently, that he plans on pitching until they take his glove away from him.

2. Baseball is much less dangerous than football. You don't really have to worry about CTE and stuff from baseball.

3. (And this is probably the most important one) Kate doesn't seem to be as big of a ***** as Gisele.
f1ghtintexasaggie
TREX01 said:

Wabs said:

Front runner for MVP too close to call, but me personally?

Pressly
Pena
Abreu (won't get it but DAMN this guy has been nails)

*If Framber has another shut down game he will be in the mix.
Pena

Pressly

Anybody else

For me, it's Javier, and it's not even particularly close. Down 1-2 with 2 more in Philly, we desperately needed a stopper to give us some life, and, man, did he ever deliver. That reset the series and gave us the confidence to battle tonight (and delivered a blueprint for V tonight). I'm not sure this series comes back to Houston without him.

Javier deserves the MVP, but that definitely doesn't discount these other amazing plays. Mancini saved TWO runs on one of the most difficult plays for a 1b to make. And what else can you say about that catch in the 9th?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Pressly's 5 out save(considering the situation he was put in in the 8th) is, in my opinion, tied for the greatest reliever moment in Astros history. I think it's tied with Brad Peacocks 3 and 2/3 inning hitless save in the 2017 World Series.
agdaddy04
AG
Well one thing is that as fans we have no control over what's going on. Pressly is extremely confident in his abilities and feels he can control the situation. Just my guess.
BAP Enthusiast
AustinAg2K said:

Max Power said:

annie88 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34944384/inside-justin-verlander-first-world-series-win

"They gave me the rookie treatment after the game," Verlander said. "They put me in the cart and rolled me in the shower and just doused me with all sorts of stuff.

"It was one of the best feelings in my career."

I'm definitely in favor of resigning him. I really feel like now that he's got that win under his belt, the pressure is off him. He's going to be regular season Verlander in future WS starts.

I agree, Verlander should retire an Astro.
redline248
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Ag12thman said:

One of the best low-scoring World Series games you'll ever see. Edge of your seat stuff and it wasn't a dream that we can out on top!
even though game 5 2017 was exciting, I almost prefer a game like last night. Every play was critical.
It was a great game, but I wouldn't mind a nice, easy, relaxing 12-0 win tomorrow.
PhatMack19
AG
My kid decided to tell me at 9pm last night that he had to color a turkey and write a story about it for school today. I sent him to bed and woke him up at 6am to do it. This is the best we could do in an hour before school with a hangover.. Mr Turkey Altuve!

First Page Last Page
Page 2256 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.