***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,550 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
whiskey02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had to watch the game from NRG suites because of a work event.

It was amazing because at least a third of the half full stadium were Eagles fans.

When the Texans lost probably a quarter of the fans stuck around to watch the Astros game on tvs in the concourse.

There were some interesting conversations leaving that place.

Ag-in-a-Box
AG
annie88 said:

I want him on that wall. I need him on that wall. I know I'm not picking up a glove and manning that centerfield post, so I'll just say "thank you"
dixichkn
AG
blakegrimez said:

I'm fairly certain what yall will say, but is it worth the $700 ticket to go the WS alone on Saturday?
I just ponied up for it myself. And I really can't afford to. But I'm 56 y'all. I'm heading toward bucket list territory. It's the World F'ing Series. We may close it out Saturday. Yolo.
AggiEE

Such a cool moment for the Verlander family. You play an entire season with Cy Young quality stuff and if you're lucky to make it to the WS you only get two starts against the hottest opposing team in baseball. To see him struggle in G1 and come back to get that WS win as an Astro and hopefully contribute to an eventual WS championship is one of those special moments that you don't know if you'll ever get again.

I don't see how he doesn't head into the HoF as an Astro after the incredible run we've been on since he's arrived.
dixichkn
AG
Ag_07 said:

Pena has to be the betting favorite right now for WS MVP.

Maybe him then Pressly
Too close to call right now. Depends on how game 6 goes. One of those guys shows out again (Framber included)…….there's your winner
Max Power
AG
annie88 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34944384/inside-justin-verlander-first-world-series-win

"They gave me the rookie treatment after the game," Verlander said. "They put me in the cart and rolled me in the shower and just doused me with all sorts of stuff.

"It was one of the best feelings in my career."
falcon09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Umm, Pressly has been absolutely great, but he's only pitched in 9 games (with 5/5 saves).
BeastmodeAg
AG
Imagine spending thousands and thousands to get no hit one game then lose by 1 the next day. I love it.
aggie813
dixichkn said:

Ag_07 said:

Pena has to be the betting favorite right now for WS MVP.

Maybe him then Pressly
Too close to call right now. Depends on how game 6 goes. One of those guys shows out again (Framber included)…….there's your winner

I would think right now Pena has the slight edge in MLBs eyes. Good story line: Gold Glove rookie SS that replaced an all-star. Also, kind of a "sexier" pick over a closer. Personally, I think they all deserve to be series MVP.
Furlock Bones
AG
Triple S said:

Texas A&M said:

McClain must be one of those people that is never happy. Here's his post after the win.

He's a miserable SOB.

A slovenly old man that has lost all relevance.
All I do is Nguyen
BCSGrubber
AG
The timeline doesn't make since unless it was Derek Fisher.

Sex Panther beat me to it but good internet lore story
All I do is Nguyen
IDGAF if it's already posted. Here's the radio call or Chas' amazing catch
AggieDub25
God I love this team. What a game. So many ups and downs last night. 2 plays at first base was the difference. We made our play, they didn't. Looks like the Philly defense was as advertised after all.
Furlock Bones
AG
This is great.

amercer
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Triple S said:

Texas A&M said:

McClain must be one of those people that is never happy. Here's his post after the win.

He's a miserable SOB.

A slovenly old man that has lost all relevance.

The Astros have lost the WS in every conceivable way. Bring it up all you want, this is a different team.
The Porkchop Express
AG
My 6 a.m. zoom call client who lives on the other side of the world texted me at 6:30 a.m. to let me know he'd have to reschedule because he was having a late lunch.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
maca1028
It wasn't a dream!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I slept maybe an hour last night… rewatched the Chaz catch literally over 100 times. ****ing amazing.
Wabs
AG
Front runner for MVP too close to call, but me personally?

Pressly
Pena
Abreu (won't get it but DAMN this guy has been nails)

*If Framber has another shut down game he will be in the mix.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I slept maybe an hour last night… rewatched the Chaz catch literally over 100 times. ****ing amazing.
Somehow the play by play guy managed to downplay the best catch of the last ten years of the World Series. I've tried to be really arbitrary with the guy even though I know he works for the Dodgers all year, but last night his true colors were really out - called Atluve "the face of this franchise for better or worse", and talked how close Realmuto came to tying the game over and over.

When the kid who grew up 35 miles from Philadelphia and worshipped that team growing up makes the best play of the series to save a run in Game 5 of the World Series, I just don't get how you're so morose about it.
AgHawkeye
AG
Saturday after noon 70s and sunny with no chance of rain as the storms will pass through tonight and into the early morning. Will the roof be open? Kinda hoping for it with seats facing downtown.
All I do is Nguyen
This is a good one to watch, even if you've never watched Ben before

All I do is Nguyen
The Porkchop Express
AG
Just watched the full-game highlights. The defense, man, the defense.

Our top 3 defensive plays - Chaz's catch saved 2 bases. Mancini's stop at first saved an RBI and Schwarber being on 2nd. Pena's jumping catch saved first and third.

Their bottom 3 defensive plays - Marsh's FU on the first play of the game put Altuve at third instead of second and he scored. Marsh's dumb dive on Gurriel's bloop cost them 90 feet. Davidson's rush on Yordan's grounder cost them a play at the plate with the game-winning run.

Strength vs. Weakness = 3-2 series lead.
maca1028
All I do is Nguyen said:

My allergies are killing me
notsts
All I do is Nguyen said:

man, when he asked about his daughter the way JV lit up was good stuff
TREX01
Wabs said:

Front runner for MVP too close to call, but me personally?

Pressly
Pena
Abreu (won't get it but DAMN this guy has been nails)

*If Framber has another shut down game he will be in the mix.
Pena

Pressly

Anybody else
BCSGrubber
AG
Pena is the star in the making story that the MLB will want to build.
Ag12thman
AG
One of the best low-scoring World Series games you'll ever see. Edge of your seat stuff and it wasn't a dream that we can out on top!
Cromagnum
AG
BCSGrubber said:

Pena is the star in the making story that the MLB will want to build.

They are all over this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34902054/world-series-2022-houston-astros-shortstop-jeremy-pena%3fplatform=amp
The Dirty Sock
All I do is Nguyen said:

shut up, i'm not crying
wmitchell
AG
I love thinking about the difference between Chas being willing to run through the wall vs Nelson Cruz in the Rangers WS in 2011… and that would've won it for them.

One more win!!!!
AustinAg2K
Max Power said:

annie88 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34944384/inside-justin-verlander-first-world-series-win

"They gave me the rookie treatment after the game," Verlander said. "They put me in the cart and rolled me in the shower and just doused me with all sorts of stuff.

"It was one of the best feelings in my career."

I'm definitely in favor of resigning him. I really feel like now that he's got that win under his belt, the pressure is off him. He's going to be regular season Verlander in future WS starts.
Cromagnum
AG
I did not sleep worth a damn last night.

First Page Last Page
Page 2255 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.