***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,544 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will be the game Mancini pinch hits and goes yard.
FrioAg 00
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Just now tuning in. Did McCullers **** it up or what?

Harper got the first tipped pitch, zero doubt. Then he ran to the on deck guy to tell him what to look for. He got him next. It was a quick 3-0.

The rest has just been wrong-way momentum in a hostile environment. Can't spot a momentum team that lead.

That bad news for the Phillies is that winning by a lot doesn't count for more wins. We tie it back up tomorrow.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

And if I'm Dusty I'm starting Vazquez.

Maldy needs to be better. We tout him to be this manager on the field but what he called tonight and in JVs start is baffling. Throw in that he never once called time to visit Lance is not good.

I'm sure a lot of that is pregame strategizing but a lot of it is also inexcusable. Start Vasquez and get his offense in there.

He'll only start with Javier.
BCEDAg
AG
You're joking right?
jkag89
QRI-Ag said:

I don't get wasting Urquidy here.
I think it is not a bad use here. He could go long and he finally gets his feet wet this postseason in a low stress situation. It is not if he is done for the rest of the Series.
HarryRocket
Whether you guys want to admit it or not…

We're all bleeders now. Internal or external, doesn't matter.

**** yku baker
BCSGrubber
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BCSGrubber said:

Ag_07 said:

mernaggie12 said:

Seriously, how did they only win 87?

They only won a total of 87 but they were a damn good team after firing their manager.

Don't know the exact record but they've been a roll for the entire 2md half.

This didn't just start out of nowhere.

Look at what their deadline acquisitions are doing vs ours

Marsh, Thor, & Robertson?

Getting Harper back at DH and us losing Brantley is much bigger than the deadline but they addressed needs ours missed
JohnnyTexAg1995
jkag89 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

It's almost like playing 9 games in a month doesn't allow you to get in any type of rythmn
I guess we should have lost a few games in the ADLS & ALCS. Or are you blaming this on the rain out last night?
no I'm blaming it on the stupid scheduling. Waiting a week to get started then random off day in the middle of the DS followed by almost a full week off for both teams before the WS. MLB is ****ing with the teams this year.
SW-14
AG
I remember last year's ALCS. Boston kicked our ass in games 2 and 3 and looked unbeatable, and yet we bounced back. I'm not panicking…yet.
Premium
AG
Anyone interested in seeing Maldanado sit out a game or two?

I think he tries to oversell his frames, shifting the glove up 6-8 inches at times. Just bring it in a few inches and freeze like it was a good pitch to begin with
maca1028
These guys stretch so many AB's
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Maldy needs to be better. We tout him to be this manager on the field but what he called tonight and in JVs start is baffling. Throw in that he never once called time to visit Lance is not good.

I'm sure a lot of that is pregame strategizing but a lot of it is also inexcusable. Start Vasquez and get his offense in there.
Agree 100%.

And Vazquez is no slouch behind the plate.
cc10106
Ag_07 said:

He will catch for Javier tomorrow.
Boiling Denim
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

17 HR is 6 home games… how many do they have on the road

Sounds like their crowd really does matter! It obviously spooked LMJ
LC Wannabe
S
Yep. The Sox were picking something up, we figured it out between game 2 and 3, and shut them down.

Aggie8587
AG
SW-14 said:

I remember last year's ALCS. Boston kicked our ass in games 2 and 3, and yet we bounced back. I'm not panicking…yet.
True, but big difference is we hadn't used Framber yet in that series, and only way he goes again in this series is if we find W the next 2 games in Philly
BadAggie
AG
Boiling Denim said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Lol, yeah, it's their school spirit
Farmer1906
AG
Boiling Denim said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

What's special about their crowd? Why didn't New York, Seattle, Chicago, and LA spook him?
jg07
AG
BCEDAg said:

You're joking right?
You don't think playing extra stressful games every ****ing year doesn't wear on you?

Notice how most of the teams that have won recently weren't in the playoffs the year before or didn't make a long run the year before?
KCup17
AG
You wouldn't think pitching was our strength with tonight's performance.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Man, this game is tough to watch
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

Just now tuning in. Did McCullers **** it up or what?

Harper got the first tipped pitch, zero doubt. Then he ran to the on deck guy to tell him what to look for. He got him next. It was a quick 3-0.

The rest has just been wrong-way momentum in a hostile environment. Can't spot a momentum team that lead.

That bad news for the Phillies is that winning by a lot doesn't count for more wins. We tie it back up tomorrow.

And then we ****ing win it all in game 6 or 7

I've got 2 seats in section 120 for game 6 and game 7. ****ing pumped
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

JV was shaking him off all night, Framber pitched great, Lance was tipping and hanging spinners in the middle.

Vazzy will be starting with Javier tomorrow. Then Maldy with JV on Thursday and Framber on Saturday.
BayAg_14
They are louder.
maca1028
So much for a long outing for Urquidy
Premium
AG
Okay if they score two more I might have to call it a night. I think anyone here right now has pretty thick skin, but IMO they score again and it's over.

Still have hope I'd we can get out without a run scoring.
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Boiling Denim said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

What's special about their crowd? Why didn't New York, Seattle, Chicago, and LA spook him?

I'm overall not impressed with the crowd

Yeah it goes absolutely bonkers when they hit bombs but other than it's not that bad.

Yankee Stadium seems way more hostile IMO.
Farmer1906
AG
jg07 said:

BCEDAg said:

You're joking right?
You don't think playing extra stressful games every ****ing year doesn't wear on you?

Notice how most of the teams that have won recently weren't in the playoffs the year before or didn't make a long run the year before?

I feel like the org does a good job resting our guys and not overexerting them in Spring. Plus we have a **** ton of off days this Oct/Nov.
SW-14
AG
This one is over, the series is not.
HarryRocket
I'm starting to think the AL just sucks.
agproducer
AG
LMJ tipped. They hit. It's one game.

The big deal right now for the series is the offense. Altuve needs something positive. Yordan, save the double, had been a non factor. They need to figure that out.
CFTXAG10
AG
I effing hate that we didn't play yesterday
jkag89
TayTrox said:

Best overall team running into a hot team. Same ****, different year. Yay baseball.
Nobody ever said postseason baseball since they went to divisional play was fair.
bearkatag15
AG
Aggie8587 said:

SW-14 said:

I remember last year's ALCS. Boston kicked our ass in games 2 and 3, and yet we bounced back. I'm not panicking…yet.
True, but big difference is we hadn't used Framber yet in that series, and only way he goes again in this series is if we find W the next 2 games in Philly
we just need to win 1 in Philly to get Framber in game 6
Ag_07
AG
Premium said:

Okay if they score two more I might have to call it a night. I think anyone here right now has pretty thick skin, but IMO they score again and it's over.

Still have hope I'd we can get out without a run scoring.

Bye Felicia

Getting embarrassed or not how can anyone not watch their team in the WS?
First Page Last Page
Page 2056 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.