***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,342,333 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not going to one of the best relievers in baseball was an odd choice too
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Ags #1 said:

Not going to one of the best relievers in baseball was an odd choice too
What I have been saying since the call for Garcia was made. Made ZERO sense
jkag89
Quote:

Mancini getting to hit in 7th/8th, after horrible ABs all game and postseason… I believe we had someone in scoring position too.
8th. Yuli was on first.
cone
AG
I noticed that Dusty f-d up

is that whining?

very costly f ups
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah, guess that's right. I still would've yanked him. 3 straight sliders off the plate
cone
AG
I thought going in the winner of game 1 would win the series

nothing about last night changed my mind on that

it is what it is
SECcess12
Don't feel so bad about the game morning after. Still right there. The series was far from over even if we had won.

Win tonight, and then take 1 or 2 in Philly. Hell, this team could win 4 straight.

Some of y'all need to sack up.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

I dont think you can blame Dusty for last night.

Mancini and Diaz have both been putrid this whole postseason. Would I rather give Hensley a shot? Sure but that's not why we lost.

His one mistake was not pulling Verlander earlier but also JV has proven he can bounce back from a bad early start and settle in. So I don't mind sticking with him. I just don't get why he stopped throwing fastballs when they were hammering breaking pitches

Dusty made two massive mistakes.

He should have had someone hot to come in for JV in the 5th. His 4th was long and bad and at the first sign of trouble you pull him. I know I why he didn't but Dusty is paid to make that call. It's not a regular season game where you have the luxury to see if he can straighten it out.

The second mistake was Garcia. He's not a reliever (Seattle game 3 wasn't a relief appearance- it was effectively a start with no room for error. He left Stanek and Brown in his pocket.
Cromagnum
AG
Gol***93 said:

tjack16 said:

If the series goes far enough I wouldnt mind if we didn't start him again.

Game 2: Framber
Game 3: Javier
Game 4: McCullers
Game 5: Urquidy/Garcia/Brown
Game 6: Framber
Game 7: Javier/McCullers

Look, I get your sentiment.. but this is about as dumb a take as they come. Don't give the ball to the probable Cy Young winner? Give me a break.

He lost game 1 for us. If he's pitching like **** and on track to lose game 5 for us I would yank his ass in a heartbeat.
tjack16
AG

Hopefully 2/3 of these guys turn it around at least. If Yordan and Jose get it going along with Bregman, Pena and tucker… this series is ours.

Can't have your leadoff hitter and 3 hole hitter in massive slumps this time of year
Furlock Bones
AG
Word is Yordan is DHing and Diaz is in the field. Hensley doesn't exist.
MarathonAg12
Why we lost last night

Farmer1906
AG
JV sucked but let's not ignore how good he's been. You cannot not goto him in game 5. If you were really worried about him then he should have been starting game 4, not 1.

Time to flush it. Game 1 is over. We lost. The series isn't. Your momentum is only as good as your next starting pitcher. And we got 1 that can flip the script real fast.
jkag89
cone said:

I noticed that Dusty f-d up

is that whining?

very costly f ups
Yes it is whining. It is very easy to pretend how smart when you get to "manage" from your sofa.
Farmer1906
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I'd good with that. Get Yordan out of the field. Diaz is usually better out there anyway.
Furlock Bones
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Furlock Bones said:

I'd good with that. Get Yordan out of the field. Diaz is usually better out there anyway.

On one hand a faster outfielder probably saved 2 runs last night. On the other Diaz has been a black hole as well.
jopatura
AG
Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

I dont think you can blame Dusty for last night.

Mancini and Diaz have both been putrid this whole postseason. Would I rather give Hensley a shot? Sure but that's not why we lost.

His one mistake was not pulling Verlander earlier but also JV has proven he can bounce back from a bad early start and settle in. So I don't mind sticking with him. I just don't get why he stopped throwing fastballs when they were hammering breaking pitches

Dusty made two massive mistakes.

He should have had someone hot to come in for JV in the 5th. His 4th was long and bad and at the first sign of trouble you pull him. I know I why he didn't but Dusty is paid to make that call. It's not a regular season game where you have the luxury to see if he can straighten it out.

The second mistake was Garcia. He's not a reliever (Seattle game 3 wasn't a relief appearance- it was effectively a start with no room for error. He left Stanek and Brown in his pocket.

I wouldn't consider Brown a reliever either. But I thought Stanek should have been used for the 9th with 9-1-2 and Pressley should have been saved for the 10th with 3-4-5. Once they got through that part of the lineup, then he could have brought Garcia or Brown in for an extended time. It's not like we had to "close" another half inning if we scored.
Big Al 1992
AG
tjack16 said:

Hopefully 2/3 of these guys turn it around at least. If Yordan and Jose get it going along with Bregman, Pena and tucker… this series is ours.

Can't have your leadoff hitter and 3 hole hitter in massive slumps this time of year

Until last night you could've lumped Tucker in with that group. He's wide awake now. Alvarez or Altuve need to do the same.
Positive thought for the day - Pina Power!! Yuli is October/batting champ Yuli and that is huge. Batting .382 in the post season.
jkag89
I dislike the attention hoar as much as the anyone here but take it to F16
Farmer1906
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

tjack16 said:

Until last night you could've lumped Tucker in with that group. He's wide awake now. Alvarez or Altuve need to do the same.
Positive thought for the day - Pina Power!! Yuli is October/batting champ Yuli and that is huge. Batting .382 in the post season.

Exactly. Hot and cold streaks last until they don't. No one knows when the switch will flip.
agproducer
AG
We can dissect the bull**** from Game 1 all we want, but it doesn't change it. We are where we are. We have seen this type of frustration during the season. It happens.

Today is a new day. I still think the Astros win 4 games before Philly wins 3 more.

Flush it. Move on.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

JV sucked but let's not ignore how good he's been. You cannot not goto him in game 5. If you were really worried about him then he should have been starting game 4, not 1.

Time to flush it. Game 1 is over. We lost. The series isn't. Your momentum is only as good as your next starting pitcher. And we got 1 that can flip the script real fast.

If we're in a win or go home game, I would feel very uneasy about having him pitch it. He's just not reliable in the world series. He couldn't hold a five run lead. He's a head case at this point.
rgt99
Great teams don't live in the past or future. They focus on now. I think the Astros have show resilience after a loss. They will shake last night off and win game 2!!!!
Hi, Im Brett
AG
I don't have an issue not pulling JV. Just don't understand the strategy of trotting Javier out there and essentially having 3-4 starters in your bullpen then not using one there for long relief.
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

If we're in a win or go home game, I would feel very uneasy about having him pitch it. He's just not reliable in the world series. He couldn't hold a five run lead. He's a head case at this point.
If we are in a win or go home spot in Game 5, do you really think the Astros are going win three straight games without JV contributing at some point?
agdaddy04
AG
Dan Shedd said:

I'm actually glad I left my wife watch tv last night instead of watching the game. Apparently we collapsed last night.

You write about baseball for a living and didn't watch Game 1 of the WS with the Astros in it?
Cromagnum
AG
Must does for victory:

1. Bullpen must continue to pitch lights out like they have been.
2. Altuve and Yordan must bust out of their slump.
3. Tucker and Bregman need to stay hot.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Will the Phillies not let Nola pitch again this series? He was just as bad as verlander.
Life is better with a beagle
texasaggie2015
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Dan Shedd said:

I'm actually glad I left my wife watch tv last night instead of watching the game. Apparently we collapsed last night.

You write about baseball for a living and didn't watch Game 1 of the WS with the Astros in it?

Was wondering the same thing
KTAG05
AG
I would like to challenge this scorecard

BMX Bandit
agdaddy04 said:

Dan Shedd said:

No kidding. What a bizarre post.

How in the world did you not watch World Series?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
We need Wheeler to pitch like Rat Fiers tonight.
CoachRTM
AG
If we win tonight, I'm still super confident.

I know we're going on the road, but our game 3 and 4 starters are significantly better than theirs. (and we smoked Suarez in the regular season and got another look at him last night)

Even if we lose tonight, I still think we're actively in the series. Winning both games 3 and 4 is absolutely on the table.
Farmer1906
AG
Or like either game 1 starter.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
BCSGrubber said:

I would like to challenge this scorecard

The schwarber walk not being on there is pretty bad. His run tied the game.
First Page Last Page
Page 1965 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.