***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,342,139 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We started 0-2 vs WASH then took a 3-2 lead.
tjack16
AG
I think the Astros win tonight 4-2.

Framber looks shaky early but gets through 6 with 2 runs
BMX Bandit
Farmer1906 said:

Then what?
Wynn.derong
Im here for support.... I am not sure how I can get over losing 3 out of 4 world series....
SECcess12
BMX Bandit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Then what?

I think the point was that the series is far from over and that it can turn very quickly
jkag89
BMX Bandit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Then what?
The point was the '19 Astros were in a spot to win that Series, not that they were unable to close the deal.
Gordo14
Well it looks like I'm going to end up going to the game tonight. I went to Game 2 last year and that one worked out for us.
jkag89
Wynn.derong said:

Im here for support.... I am not sure how I can get over losing 3 out of 4 world series....
Would you feel better if you were a fan of the Damn Yankees or Effin' Dodgers right now?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Wynn.derong said:

It's probably pretty easier than from the stretch from 1962-2017 when we lost 1 World Series.
Life is better with a beagle
texasaggie2015
AG
Some of you need to get it together. I mean come on. Postseason baseball ain't easy.
Chef Elko
AG
Cromagnum said:

Gol***93 said:

tjack16 said:

If the series goes far enough I wouldnt mind if we didn't start him again.

Game 2: Framber
Game 3: Javier
Game 4: McCullers
Game 5: Urquidy/Garcia/Brown
Game 6: Framber
Game 7: Javier/McCullers

Look, I get your sentiment.. but this is about as dumb a take as they come. Don't give the ball to the probable Cy Young winner? Give me a break.

He lost game 1 for us. If he's pitching like **** and on track to lose game 5 for us I would yank his ass in a heartbeat.

If you strictly look at the numbers, JV shouldn't be in the rotation.
tjack16
AG
Gordo14 said:

Well it looks like I'm going to end up going to the game tonight. I went to Game 2 last year and that one worked out for us.

I got to go to game 2 last year as well. Was a freaking blast!

Hopefully tonight you get to see us win!
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Then what?

if I could snap my fingers and give the Astros a 3-2 lead going to game 6, would you take it?
Chef Elko
AG
Ags #1 said:

Still cant believe diaz got the green light after almost being hit twice and a wp

It sucks, I was on the fence about it but I'm ok with it now. One swing of the bat wins the game, a walk doesn't help. He was camping on a fastball because the guy couldn't locate his breaking ball. Just sucks he threw it again, I thought no way he goes back to it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Dan Shedd said:

I'm actually glad I left my wife watch tv last night instead of watching the game. Apparently we collapsed last night.
Life is better with a beagle
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Some notes for post game discussion: Can we not quote the trolls that people have blocked and also just ignored the band wagon bleeders who haven't been here all year?
Mr.Bond
AG
We're gonna ****in win boys!!!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Harry Dunne
Dan Shedd said:

I'm actually glad I left my wife watch tv last night instead of watching the game. Apparently we collapsed last night.
I'm trying to make fun of you by coming up with an analogy equal to how weird it is for a baseball beat writer not to watch his own team in the World Series, but it's so bizarre that I'm having a really hard time finding a good comparison.
jkag89
Wynn.derong said:

So much better to be a Seattle Mariners fan, you never have to get over losing a World Series.
astros4545
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Dan Shedd said:

I'm trying to make fun of you by coming up with an analogy equal to how weird it is for a baseball beat writer not to watch his own team in the World Series, but it's so bizarre that I'm having a really hard time finding a good comparison.
Maybe they were behind on House of Dragons
Farmer1906
AG
Yah boy just scored Game 2 tix at a very reasonable price. See yall at the Juicebox tonight.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Dan Shedd said:

You write about baseball for a living and didn't watch Game 1 of the WS with the Astros in it?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
astros4545 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Dan Shedd said:

Maybe they were behind on House of Dragons

AggiEE
Furlock Bones said:

Word is Yordan is DHing and Diaz is in the field. Hensley doesn't exist.

I would take Diaz over Mancini. He puts together better ABs AND can field better than Yordan.

I still think he has a pretty terrible approach at the plate though and would prefer to see Hensley get a shot
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yah boy just scored Game 2 tix at a very reasonable price. See yall at the Juicebox tonight.
If you don't get at least one person to spill beer on you for annoying them with contradictory stats, you've let us all down.
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

If you don't get at least one person to spill beer on you for annoying them with contradictory stats, you've let us all down.
do we think Farmer is going to be on top of his game in the big moment like a little baseball R2-D2 spitting out advanced stats with timing & precision or is he going to go JV on us and start stuttering about batting average and game-winning RBIs?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE said:

Furlock Bones said:

Word is Yordan is DHing and Diaz is in the field. Hensley doesn't exist.

I would take Diaz over Mancini. He puts together better ABs AND can field better than Yordan.

I still think he has a pretty terrible approach at the plate though and would prefer to see Hensley get a shot

Hensley makes the most sense to DH if yordan is in the field, which is exactly why Dusty won't do it. He'd rather play old guys that don't produce than win.
Deluxe
AG
Some game 1 thoughts:

1) Kudos to the Phillies. They played great last night. We punched them in the mouth earlier but they punched right back. We've got a fight on our hands.

2) It was strange seeing them make some nice little defensive plays and watching us look a little tight on defense at times. But I think we'll see some (good) mean regression in this department as the series goes on.

3) When the Phillies were mounting their comeback in the 4-5th innings last night, I couldn't shake this super familiar feeling. As I thought about it, the vibes were very similar to 2005 WS game 3. We jumped on the White Sox early and had Roy O on the bump with a fresh bullpen. It was the type of setup that yielded wins almost every time during the regular season, but not that night. Same with the 5-0 lead for JV last night.

Luckily last night's game only put us down 0-1. The 2005 version was a total dagger and put us in an 0-3 hole.

4) Unfortunately, I think "Playoff JV" is a thing now. Not sure why he kept going back to the spinners in the 4-5th innings when the fastball seemed dialed in, but that's just armchair QB on my part. One thing I really don't any part of is him taking the mound in game 5 down 3-1, pitching on the road to keep our season alive. We really need to win 2 of the next 3 (at least) and ensure that the series goes back to Houston regardless of game 5 outcome.

5) It seemed like we were "due" for a loss like last night. Dusty was due for a blunder. We were due for a few bad plays on defense. We were due to have our opponent come up with a few big hits.

6) Bigger picture, it's becoming very clear that the best baseball is being played in the NL right now. IMO the Phillies are more "battle tested" in the 2022 playoffs than we are. Going through St Louis, Atlanta and San Diego is hard work.

7) All that said, I still like our chances. Wheeler in game 2 gives me Strasburg 2019 game 2 vibes, but if we can beat him tonight, I think the momentum shifts largely back in our favor. We've been good all year at getting right back up when we've been punched in the mouth. Hope that continues tonight.

8) Never thought I'd say this back in 2019, but Framber is exactly the guy I want on the mound tonight. Ready to see him add to his list of playoff gems.
Fall92
AG
Roof closed tonight?
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Yes
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

People buy me beer for sharing the good news of advanced analytics then thank me for showing them the light.
redline248
AG
The hero we need
bearkatag15
AG

This is a hell of an adjustment by Castellanos to move in that far.
Ags #1
AG
They did everything right yesterday (minus nolan sucking) and took advantage of every break
First Page Last Page
Page 1966 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.