***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,342,726 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jopatura said:

AggiEE said:

HarryRocket said:

All those at bats wasted on dubon.

Season management hasn't been good this year, we've just overcome it up to this point but they did a **** job of responding to Brantley going down.

We traded for Mancini not thinking he'd totally **** the bed

Mancini also went from playing every day to weird platoons. That had to mess with his head. Now we're back to asking him to perform every day. Yordan also seems to suffer being in the field every day. Click really should have traded for a dedicated left fielder.

The numbers during the season showed Yordan performed better when playing the field that DHing.

That was literally the reason for getting him in LF more.
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

HarryRocket said:

Season management hasn't been good this year, we've just overcome it up to this point but they did a **** job of responding to Brantley going down.

Yep.

Pretty strong move getting Mancini. No way to predict he'd suck AND that Diaz would be ice cold. No team is going to have a 3rd guy off the bench that makes a great everyday DH. That's not lack of preparation.

Yes Hensley should have gotten Dubons 50 infield ABs, but that wouldn't have magically made him David Ortiz. He's still the best option we have right now.
07ag
AG

https://ts.la/eric59704
Bioish
AG
What is up with Alvarez… In the playoffs he's either red hot or ice cold and lately he's been ice cold. I'm ride or die Altuve, but holy crap he's been abysmal. How do you end the season on fire then disappear when needed most
Harry Dunne
Hi, Im Brett said:

Ag12thman said:

Not sure why everyone is so confident we'll win two in Philly, where the Phillies at much tougher and haven't lost at all in the playoffs.

I'm thinking Houston will be favored or even in all games moving forward except Game 5
Pretty funny and probably true. Favored in all games except when our CYA winner is pitching.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
aggieman27
AG
Nothing to fear fellas, lost game 1 in '17 too.
dixichkn
AG
Bioish said:

One single away multiple times…
Hell one SAC FLY away a couple of times
Fumbleruski
AG
We had a total of 1 more than them. Yes, they had timely (albeit lucky) hits, but with our offense, we should make more opportunities to put runners on base. this pop up **** can't fly. The Judge catch really doesn't matter since we were clearly dominating them from the start and continued that for 4 gams straight. The Phillies defense is pretty bad and they were able to make a number of critical plays that kept them in it.
Harry Dunne
aggieman27 said:

We have never won a WS game 1.
jopatura
AG
Beat40 said:

jopatura said:

AggiEE said:

HarryRocket said:

Mancini also went from playing every day to weird platoons. That had to mess with his head. Now we're back to asking him to perform every day. Yordan also seems to suffer being in the field every day. Click really should have traded for a dedicated left fielder.

The numbers during the season showed Yordan performed better when playing the field that DHing.

That was literally the reason for getting him in LF more.

I thought it was that he was a better defender in left field then they thought he was, not that he necessarily hit better when he played left field.

Regardless as he's coming up on the tail end of the season, he seems tired. He hasn't fallen off quite as much as some of the others, but he's in a spell.
W
AG
dixichkn said:

Quote:

move Altuve in the lineup. He's not helping anyone.
Can't tell you how much it sucks watching one of the franchise's all time greats turn into a giant steaming pile this postseason
it is definitely similar to Biggio & Bagwell in the late 90's division series
Big Slice
AG
gotta go hensley as DH in game 2, right? or do you give Mancin/Diaz one more shot?
JohnLA762
AG
Harry Dunne said:

aggieman27 said:

And we can still win the next 4. Some posters heads would explode!
Beau Holder
AG
Big Slice said:

gotta go hensley as DH in game 2, right? or do you give Mancin/Diaz one more shot?

I wish. It seems clear at this point Dusty will never start the dude. Hope he changes his mind.
Beat40
Fumbleruski said:

We had a total of 1 more than them. Yes, they had timely (albeit lucky) hits, but with our offense, we should make more opportunities to put runners on base. this pop up **** can't fly. The Judge catch really doesn't matter since we were clearly dominating them from the start and continued that for 4 gams straight. The Phillies defense is pretty bad and they were able to make a number of critical plays that kept them in it.

It isn't that last part just baseball?

They could make critical errors the next 2 games or not get to balls other teams would that could cost them the game.

Sometimes baseball is just that - baseball.

I wish the offense would have picked JV up today, but I think he'd tell you they shouldn't have been on that position at all.
Gordo14
Need Framber to deal tomorrow, and I think he will.
Also Wheeler has been very good most of the time, but he cannot go deep into games. If he is on his stuff, it's gonna be important to extend at bats and get him out of the game in the 5th inning or so.

The good thing about that game is they went all out on pitching. That's gonna be harder and harder to do if we can extend this series.
Beat40
Big Slice said:

Hensley I do not believe is starting at DH this postseason.
Harry Dunne
JohnLA762 said:

Harry Dunne said:

aggieman27 said:

And we can still win the next 4. Some posters heads would explode!
We are still +110 to win it. Not the "virtual lock" to lose that some drama queens would like
Beat40
If we knock Wheeler out, going to benefit us tomorrow as well as in Philly.

Regardless, need Framber to come up big tomorrow.
fullback44
AG
This is a 7 game series .. we haven't lost in a while .. regroup and let's win some games…. We just need to get back in our grove .. I think We take 2 of 3 in Philly ..
Fumbleruski
AG
Totally agree, but we need some key pieces of our line up to start putting together better at bats. We need Altuve and Alvarez to start making a difference. If they stay cold then we're leaving it up to the bottom of our order to make things happen over the next six games.
Philip J Fry
AG
Tuve needs to get his head out of his ass. His performance this post season has been unacceptable.
digging tunnels
AG
Tuve and Yordan
jkag89
Harry Dunne said:

Yeah, if only Hensley played CF.

Most of Dubons ABs would (should) have gone to Chas.
Yep.

And while Dubon is capable of playing several infield positions, I don't recall him getting the nod over Hensley after David got called up in late August.

If there is a player that did not get enough ABs down the stretch it is Diaz once he came off the IL.
Ag12thman
AG
I know it's technically not, but tomorrow sure feels like a must win now. Don't like our chances going to Philly for 3 straight down 0-2.
Beat40
Fumbleruski said:

Totally agree, but we need some key pieces of our line up to start putting together better at bats. We need Altuve and Alvarez to start making a difference. If they stay cold then we're leaving it up to the bottom of our order to make things happen over the next six games.

Yes, I totally agree with you that Altuve and Yordan need to start putting together some good ABs with men on the rest of the way.

I think Altuve is showing signs - he just needs to do it in the big moment.
jkag89
Beau Holder said:

Big Slice said:

I wish. It seems clear at this point Dusty will never start the dude. Hope he changes his mind.
Other than he can't be any worse, why are you so high on Hensley? He played well in limited opportunities after being called up but nothing really wowed me enough that would indicate he should be starting ahead of players with many MLB seasons under their belts.
Cromagnum
AG
I'll state the obvious unless it's already been stated and I missed it.

MANY posts on here were from folks calling for the sweep after having already received two series sweeps. The baseball gods are fickle and spiteful.
AggiEE
Big Slice said:

I am DONE with Mancini

If he had gone 0-4 but put a few hard hits on the ball or worked the count to 3-2, I'd be willing to give him a chance….but he's getting up there swinging at garbage hoping to hit a homer.

Diaz…his AB kinda sucked, but at least he worked the count. His mistake is he swung into another routine grounder trying to be the hero.

Hensley…I think that kid has shown glimpses of doing the little things that can help the team and work the counts with hard at bats and taking a walk when it's given to him
AggiEE
jkag89 said:

Beau Holder said:

Big Slice said:

Other than he can't be any worse, why are you so high on Hensley? He played well in limited opportunities after being called up but nothing really wowed me enough that would indicate he should be starting ahead of players with many MLB seasons under their belts.

Because those veterans are playing like they've never been in the big leagues before
digging tunnels
AG
Hensley got brought up in September and some of yall are giving benefit of the doubt. But can't blame yall since Mancini and Diaz haven't done a damn thing entire playoffs
maca1028
Post removed:
by user
StEdsCOOG
Took a look at Diaz and Mancini's combined stats as of lately.

Mancini
3/50
3 walks / 14 Ks

Diaz
5/49 (Had a 3 hit game)
1 Walk / 8 Ks

Combined Playoffs
1/31
1 Walk / 8 Ks

Hensley (season stats)
10/29
5 Walks / 6 Ks
First Page Last Page
Page 1962 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.