***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,343,057 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htxag09 said:

Bunch of poons in here
AustinAg2K
Based off the analysis before the series started, I now expect the Phillies to no hit the Astros in both games 3 and 4.
CFTXAG10
AG
Hensley at DH tomorrow. It's F'in time
wangus12
AG
JohnLA762 said:

Juan Solo said:

Wellness check on wangus?

[wangus12 has been banned - Texags Staff]
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Astros 1-7 in their last 8 WS games at MMP. 3-12 overall.

.200 winning % in home WS games ALL-TIME…….

Only win in this stretch was the one I went to. Might have to dip into savings and take one for the team.
gambochaman
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Also the stupid nets all over the field in baseball saved them. That passed ball bounced off the netting. If that goes out of play bregman gets the extra base and we tie

Bruh….lets not sound like the yankees now
MisterFurious
AG
AggiEE said:

Win tomorrow, and then win both in Philly.

The longer we get a look at their bullpen, the more our runs will start coming around.

Does feel like Altuve, Yordan, and/or the DH spot need to come alive or else every game is going to be a nail biter.

They have to play 3 in Philly.
MarathonAg12
Deluxe
AG
Got punched in the mouth tonight. Time to see what we're made of.
KCup17
AG
MisterFurious said:

AggiEE said:

Win tomorrow, and then win both in Philly.

The longer we get a look at their bullpen, the more our runs will start coming around.

Does feel like Altuve, Yordan, and/or the DH spot need to come alive or else every game is going to be a nail biter.

They have to play 3 in Philly.

Even better. Sweep em in Philly
ttha_aggie_09
AG
We cannot keep this up with our DH spot. It is an automatic out and Mancini/Diaz are not good options.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm not reading this thread right now but I assume everyone is crying and bleeding.

It was 100% a gut punch. Lots of blame to go around.

But that doesn't matter. Series is far from over. Their formula today was brilliant but it's going to be very hard to continue to work this well.

Wheeler is good but Framer is a tough match up for them. I expect a low scoring one tomorrow unless we get ahold of their BP.

After that is when we really strike. Games 3/4 can be when we take our lead or at worst tie it up.
dixichkn
AG
BAS

The A doesn't necessarily stop at "Aggie"
Red Red Wine
AG
Where it went wrong:

1. Left Verlander in too long. I get being "loyal" to your star pitcher, but he gave up 3 runs with 2 outs the inning before and was not locating his pitches. Give up 1st and 2nd with no outs and Baker leaves him in???

2. Garcia? Why bring him in that early? He was great in the 18 inning game, but he didn't come in until the 13th inning or so. Why don't we use "RELIEVERS" in the relief role until we run out of them.

3. As said: WHO gave Diaz a green light on 3-0? That was clearly ball 4 and with the bases loaded and McCormick coming up who knows what might have happened there, but we will never know since Diaz was SELFISH and HURT his team by swinging on 3-0 like he is a career 300 hitter or something? What the H*LL was that?????
CFTXAG10
AG
Win tomorrow. Get at LEAST one in Philly. Get this thing back to MMP. Make em pucker
Beat40
Beau Holder said:

Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

No runs scored after the 3rd. It wasn't hard to know all year that would be an issue.

And yet we did it in the ALDS and ALCS. You only post this when it benefits you.

I think you thought this would be a big gotcha, and I don't want to take that dopamine hit away from you. But when it was said all year, people like you tried to act like no one was allowed to say it. And here we are.

It's fine that you say it. You are allowed to. But you routinely failed to acknowledge when you said this with evidence presented that it was that way for every single team in the MLB.

They scored one run after the 4th. It wasn't like they set the world on fire.

And guess what, if we had scores the 1 run instead of them, you wouldn't have said anything.

Again, you post it when it benefits you.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
This loss is on Jimbo, right?
-Ben There/R.C.
tjack16
AG
To me now the key is taking the series lead by game 3. Can't afford to be down in the series at any point in Philly
dixichkn
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Aggie8587 said:

Astros 1-7 in their last 8 WS games at MMP. 3-12 overall.

.200 winning % in home WS games ALL-TIME…….

Only win in this stretch was the one I went to. Might have to dip into savings and take one for the team.
You do that GD it. The sanity of a city of 4 million rides on you
Fur Missile Command
AG
AggiEE said:

Win tomorrow, and then at least two in Philly.

They'll be cold till 4/23. How do we have players **** the bed every year when it gets down to the nut cuttin?
“We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - Winston Churchill

FJB
Red Red Wine
AG
Any thoughts on using Valdez in the DH role? If he isn't catching.

How do we spend all this money and not get ONE single dude that can DH for us??? Did we have injuries or something?
Texaggie7nine
The weak link has been JV in the postseason. We are going to win tomorrow then take 2 in Philly then win it all in game 6 or 7.
7nine
gambochaman
AG
The dropped ball by JV….he makes that DP and we win 5-0 with him going at least 7

But also the ump squeezing him the next inning didnt help…schwarber should have been a strikeout and instead was gifted a walk and then he scored their 5th run

Ugh
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am a San Francisco Giants fan, and I am rooting for the Houston Astros to win it all. After the Astros jumped to a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd inning, I thought they would take a 1-0 lead and improve to 8-0 in the playoffs. Instead, the Phillies became the first team in a World Series game when trailing by 5+ runs in 20 years. As a result, the Phillies have won Game 1 on the road in all 4 playoff rounds (At St Louis Cardinals in Wild Card, At Atlanta Braves in NLDS, San Diego Pardes in NLCS, and at Houston Astros in World Series).

I knew the Astros were going to lose a World Series game, but I did not think it would be Game 1 at home, not after a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd inning. The Astros will need to win their remaining 3 games at home and 1 game on the road to win the World Series.
Deluxe
AG
Beau Holder said:

No runs scored after the 3rd. It wasn't hard to know all year that would be an issue.

Pathetic on so many levels
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Lotsa poon in here

Astros are the superior team. I want 7 ****ing games and we're going to ****ing win it in h-town, baby

Nut up, ladies
-Ben There/R.C.
Boiling Denim
jkag89 said:

Blame JV or Dusty all you want but the Phillies just had better ABs for most of the game. Too many give up ABs once down in the count by the 'Stros where Philly mostly showed patience and worked counts which gave them chance after chance to crawl back into the game then have more opportunities to win. The 'Stros had practically no threats after the third inning.

Yep. How many Ks did we have on pitches that weren't even in the zip code of the plate? Phillies dont give us free outs like that. And the last AB was the cherry on top. Hitter so lacking confidence he's leaning into near strikes. Then flailing at 3-0 and 3-1

Just garbage. This team loses their damn minds in the WS at home
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
This is true. Games 3 & 4 were really supposed to be where our depth advantage was supposed to take over, so I'm not gonna cliff dive just yet. Really need to win tomorrow, but I'm not super worried about Philly's (or any clubs) home field advantage against this squad.
tremble
AG
Fumbleruski said:

That castellanos catch was what got me. Every team that we've lost to in the WS had a catch like that. Phillies take this.

100%. I internally gave into BAS at that point. He makes that catch 1/10 times and he managed it tonight.
Beau Holder
AG
Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

And yet we did it in the ALDS and ALCS. You only post this when it benefits you.

I think you thought this would be a big gotcha, and I don't want to take that dopamine hit away from you. But when it was said all year, people like you tried to act like no one was allowed to say it. And here we are.

It's fine that you say it. You are allowed to. But you routinely failed to acknowledge when you said this with evidence presented that it was that way for every single team in the MLB.

They scored one run after the 4th. It wasn't like they set the world on fire.

And guess what, if we had scores the 1 run instead of them, you wouldn't have said anything.

Again, you post it when it benefits you.

Convenient that you ignored all game when I was sunshine pumping - I don't blame you, I assume you missed it because you were busy saving other people's posts you could play goalkeeper on based on the outcome. The series isn't over. But we lost this one because of the same problems we had all year. No amount of you acting like board police will change that.

Let's go Framber tomorrow.
dixichkn
AG
Red Red Wine said:

Where it went wrong:

1. Left Verlander in too long. I get being "loyal" to your star pitcher, but he gave up 3 runs with 2 outs the inning before and was not locating his pitches. Give up 1st and 2nd with no outs and Baker leaves him in???

2. Garcia? Why bring him in that early? He was great in the 18 inning game, but he didn't come in until the 13th inning or so. Why don't we use "RELIEVERS" in the relief role until we run out of them.

3. As said: WHO gave Diaz a green light on 3-0? That was clearly ball 4 and with the bases loaded and McCormick coming up who knows what might have happened there, but we will never know since Diaz was SELFISH and HURT his team by swinging on 3-0 like he is a career 300 hitter or something? What the H*LL was that?????
From your keyboard to God's ears
AggiEE
ttha_aggie_09 said:

We cannot keep this up with our DH spot. It is an automatic out and Mancini/Diaz are not good options.

Go with Hensley and see what the kid can do.

He certainly is NO WORSE than the current DH output
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I am a San Francisco Giants fan, and I am rooting for the Houston Astros to win it all. After the Astros jumped to a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd inning, I thought they would take a 1-0 lead and improve to 8-0 in the playoffs. Instead, the Phillies became the first team in a World Series game when trailing by 5+ runs in 20 years. As a result, the Phillies have won Game 1 on the road in all 4 playoff rounds (At St Louis Cardinals in Wild Card, At Atlanta Braves in NLDS, San Diego Pardes in NLCS, and at Houston Astros in World Series).

I knew the Astros were going to lose a World Series game, but I did not think it would be Game 1 at home, not after a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd inning. The Astros will need to win their remaining 3 games at home and 1 game on the road to win the World Series.

Not necessarily. They could win 4 straight and close it out in Philly
-Ben There/R.C.
tremble
AG
The Phillies also had at least 6 pitches that were strikes that blue decided were balls. He was ****ing awful tonight
maca1028
We stuck to the narrative:
Never won game 1
WS Verlander sucked
Playing NL east
They flipped theirs:
No bad fielding
BP shut us down

Need to turn this around tomorrow, we have to win this! Not accepting anything less than a championship.
First Page Last Page
Page 1959 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.