***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,343,236 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stros in 5. We just needed a wake up. Got punched good tonight but we will still win the series
Fur Missile Command
AG
HarryRocket said:

Verlander sucks....in the world series

Goodnight.

FIFY
“We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - Winston Churchill

FJB
West Roxbury
Your ace can't hold a 5-0 lead and you don't score a single run after building said lead and it's all Dusty's fault? We lose our first postseason game and it's all on Dusty now?

Come on….

We have a lot of work ahead but it starts tomorrow. Philly will be rocking. So let's get it done.
Bad Poster
tremble said:

**** Dusty too for not playing Hensley any part of the post season when he's dragging Mancini's ass across the line every *********game.

This x 1,000000000000000000000000000000

**** you dusty fir leaving our guy who batted 345 this year on the ****ing bench
Bonnettecj1
Up 5-0, you expect to win. Most frustrating loss I've seen in a long, long, long time.
Aggie8587
AG
Astros 1-7 in their last 8 WS games at MMP. 3-12 overall.

.200 winning % in home WS games ALL-TIME…….
AustinAg2K
Furlock Bones said:

AustinAg2K said:

Should have called for a review after the first near HBO. I'm pretty sure it caught some jersey.

Thought the exact same thing.

I went back and rewound. On the overhead view you can see his jersey move. If Diaz had started walking to first, I bet he gets the call.
Chuck Gay
AG
Perhaps it was mentioned on the broadcast. Curious if it was. Has a starting pitcher in the history of the World Series ever stayed in the game to give up an entire 5-0 lead all by himself without being relieved?
Cromagnum
AG
I can't place this one solely on JV, but to lose a game up 5-0 when 5 of the runs are his fault is pretty damned bad. Too bad we couldn't muster even 1 more run somewhere.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Bonnettecj1 said:

JV losing the fastball absolutely killed us.

Never lost it, he stopped throwing it. Randomly started again his last two batters and they instantly looked lost. Will always be a what if
CFTXAG10
AG
Justin Verlander….wtf man?! It's like he went to the James Harden school of regular season beast postseason disaster
ElephantRider
AG
Its Not Rocket Surgery said:

**** that Ump. Diaz should have been on base. Total screw job.

Right call. He leaned into it for sure
Beat40
Harry Dunne said:

Tough result but I'd still rather be in the Astros shoes.

We're going to come back and even it up tomorrow.

And then win 2 in Philly.
Fumbleruski
AG
That castellanos catch was what got me. Every team that we've lost to in the WS had a catch like that. Phillies take this.
Satellite of Love
HarryRocket said:

Worls Series Verlander sucks.

Goodnight.

FIFY
Juan Solo
AG
Wellness check on wangus?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Bregman would be safe had he stolen home

JT and catcher was flustered as ****. I would have taken that bet every single time

3rd base coach should have called him forward
-Ben There/R.C.
Wisconsin_Ag
KCup17 said:

Stros in 5. We just needed a wake up. Got punched good tonight but we will still win the series

I admire your optimism
Harry Dunne
Chuck Gay said:

Perhaps it was mentioned on the broadcast. Curious if it was. Has a starting pitcher in the history of the World Series ever stayed in the game to give up an entire 5-0 lead all by himself without being relieved?
Last happened to the Cleveland Spiders and Dusty was managing that team as well.
92Ag95
AG
589-18.....postseason record of teams leading by 5 runs or more in a game.

now

589-19......way to go Astros.

(edit)Phillies had a 3% chance of winning the game when Tucker stepped on home after his 3 run dinger.

ooops... meant Phillies.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Also the stupid nets all over the field in baseball saved them. That passed ball bounced off the netting. If that goes out of play bregman gets the extra base and we tie
AustinAg2K
RGLAG85 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

RGLAG85 said:

Bregxit said:

I have never seen that called EVER
Yeah, but that was incredibly obvious.

Pitch before hit him too
No it didn't.

Go back and watch the overhead replay. You can see the jersey move as the ball goes by. Of course, it didn't help that Diaz didn't question anything.
Beau Holder
AG
No runs scored after the 3rd. It wasn't hard to know all year that would be an issue.
Beat40
Cromagnum said:

I can't place this one solely on JV, but to lose a game up 5-0 when 5 of the runs are his fault is pretty damned bad. Too bad we couldn't muster even 1 more run somewhere.

If it's not 100% on JV, it's 98%.

This is the World Series man. Teams are good and it's tough to scratch out runs.
JohnLA762
AG
Juan Solo said:

Wellness check on wangus?

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Fumbleruski said:

That castellanos catch was what got me. Every team that we've lost to in the WS had a catch like that. Phillies take this.
This hurts because it's true
Harry Dunne
92Ag95 said:

now

Braves had a 3% chance of winning the game when Tucker stepped on home after his 3 run dinger.

that's about 3% more of a chance than I expected the Braves to have
Beat40
Beau Holder said:

No runs scored after the 3rd. It wasn't hard to know all year that would be an issue.

And yet we did it in the ALDS and ALCS. You only post this when it benefits you.
Fur Missile Command
AG
92Ag95 said:

now

Braves had a 3% chance of winning the game when Tucker stepped on home after his 3 run dinger.

Braves? Germans? Ahh forget it, you're rolling
“We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - Winston Churchill

FJB
jkag89
Blame JV or Dusty all you want but the Phillies just had better ABs for most of the game. Too many give up ABs once down in the count by the 'Stros where Philly mostly showed patience and worked counts which gave them chance after chance to crawl back into the game then have more opportunities to win. The 'Stros had practically no threats after the third inning.
screw-tu
Somebody said don't judge Verlander over a small sample size? Just how big of a sample until we do judge his ass? Fifty World Series starts? He has done Jack s**t for us in the World Series. It's not like people are going to have a <sample size> of a s**t load of starts. Most pitchers would give their left nut to have 8 lifetime World Series starts. I am ****ing disgusted. We are the Buffalo Bills of MLB.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
We got Blummed tonight by the Phillies. Thanks to dusty for giving them the opportunity
htxag09
AG
Bunch of poons in here
Beau Holder
AG
Beat40 said:

Beau Holder said:

And yet we did it in the ALDS and ALCS. You only post this when it benefits you.

I think you thought this would be a big gotcha, and I don't want to take that dopamine hit away from you. But when it was said all year, people like you tried to act like no one was allowed to say it. And here we are.
AggiEE
Win tomorrow, and then at least two in Philly.

The longer we get a look at their bullpen, the more our runs will start coming around.

Does feel like Altuve, Yordan, and/or the DH spot need to come alive or else every game is going to be a nail biter.
First Page Last Page
Page 1958 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.