***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,600 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

The Liberty Bell is probly the most overrated historical landmark too

So is the Space Shuttle Enterprise, but New York had to have it over Houston. The rest is history.
That was pure politics as a f you to a State that didn't vote for Obama. F you Schumer.

We have a Saturn V. The space shuttle was the golf cart of spacecraft.
Nino Brown
I don't care who's "hotter" right now.

This one's for Coach and it shows on the field with the way the team has just kept grinding each game.
agdaddy04
AG
jkag89 said:

SW-14 said:

Not sure why everyone is considering the Phillies the "hot" team. The Astros are thus far 11-1 in the month of October.
But that one loss was to the Phillies.

Yep… if the Stros win on 10/3, Phillies May not have made it to the playoffs. Not going to look it up to see if they owned the tie breaker over the Brewers or not.
AggiEE
Nino Brown said:

I don't care who's "hotter" right now.

This one's for Coach and it shows on the field with the way the team has just kept grinding each game.

A lot of grinding and twerking

AustinAg2K
It's amazing to me that the team who has a nine game winning streak (going back to the regular season) is not considered the hot team. I think the media is giving the Astros a ton of bulletin board material by clearly underestimating them.

Edit: Guess I should have read the left couple of pages. It seems like others already made those point.
JohnnyTexAg1995
AgsMnn said:

My boys are getting into cards and found my old box. They then pulled this card out that I thought I lost. This is a sign I feel like. I was only maybe 10 or 9 when I got this card signed.

I have this exact card signed by him! Got it signed and met him when I was a kid at the All star Fan Fest at GRB the year the all star game was in Houston! Great times!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
AustinAg2K said:

It's amazing to me that the team who has a nine game winning streak (going back to the regular season) is not considered the hot team. I think the media is giving the Astros a ton of bulletin board material by clearly underestimating them.

Edit: Guess I should have read the left couple of pages. It seems like others already made those point.

The media always creates a team to "hate", and that team is the Astros. Expect many subtle references to the cheating scandal and how the Phillies must overcome that.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

So is the Space Shuttle Enterprise, but New York had to have it over Houston. The rest is history.
That was pure politics as a f you to a State that didn't vote for Obama. F you Schumer.

Indeed. But that doesn't change the fact that the decision to give that shuttle to New York (which as far as I know had very little if anything to do with its operation) was purely political.

Anyway,

Astros in 5.
texasaggie2015
AG
j_davis01 said:

AgsMnn said:

My boys are getting into cards and found my old box. They then pulled this card out that I thought I lost. This is a sign I feel like. I was only maybe 10 or 9 when I got this card signed.

I have this exact card signed by him! Got it signed and met him when I was a kid at the All star Fan Fest at GRB the year the all star game was in Houston! Great times!

Whoa. I have this too.
wangus12
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Indeed. But that doesn't change the fact that the decision to give that shuttle to New York (which as far as I know had very little if anything to do with its operation) was purely political.

Anyway,

Astros in 5.

Don't get me started on the bull***** An absolute travesty that Houston didn't get one of the Shuttles. The other locations make sense, but NY in no way deserved to have a shuttle
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Farmer1906
AG
GigEmMortis
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

We have won 24 of our last 30. That's sustained heat.

They've won 16 of their last 30, one game above .500

Yep. Just ask Seattle how Houston responds to teams that are currently on a winning streak.

Astros in 5
MarathonAg12
Took my kiddo to a Buies Creek Astros game in 2018 while I was stationed in North Carolina. We caught Seth Beer's foul ball in the parking lot as we were leaving.

Mfr ended up going to the Diamondback's. I was looking forward to him playing with the 'Stros.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AgsMnn said:

Ags I would like to officially apologize for everyone who rained on your parade that they had the exact same card. When I saw it I thought it was really cool and also fun that your kids found it for you, to my knowledge I didn't have one if that makes you feel better and in a more exclusive class.
(although I was a longtime Astros buddy and we did every giveaway and special event so I might have also)

Maybe the other guys at least dont know where theirs is so you're winning there at least!
07ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Anyway,

Astros in 5.

Don't get me started on the bull***** An absolute travesty that Houston didn't get one of the Shuttles. The other locations make sense, but NY in no way deserved to have a shuttle
y'all, think big picture. do you want more active space programs? i definitely do. how do you get more active space programs? public support for spending on space programs. how do you get public support for spending on space programs? exposure and coverage of current and historical space programs is a great way to do that. houston already has a history with nasa, a saturn v museum piece, a space themed baseball team, and therefore a passion for space. idk how much houstonians would care about nasa if their entire presence was all in florida.

so, how do you get the public energized about space? expose large population centers that are frequently visited to nasa/spaceshuttles/etc. like LA, and NYC and DC,, all 3 are in top 10 most visited cities in the US. LA and NYC are the 2 largest cities also

so was it political? yes. but a never flown in space artifact is a small price to pay, in hopes of a well funded space program going forward.

anyway, 'stros in 7, because more baseball please,, offseason is too long
https://ts.la/eric59704
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
07ag said:

wangus12 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Anyway,

Astros in 5.

y'all, think big picture. do you want more active space programs? i definitely do. how do you get more active space programs? public support for spending on space programs. how do you get public support for spending on space programs? exposure and coverage of current and historical space programs is a great way to do that. houston already has a history with nasa, a saturn v museum piece, a space themed baseball team, and therefore a passion for space. idk how much houstonians would care about nasa if their entire presence was all in florida.

so, how do you get the public energized about space? expose large population centers that are frequently visited to nasa/spaceshuttles/etc. like LA, and NYC and DC,, all 3 are in top 10 most visited cities in the US. LA and NYC are the 2 largest cities also

so was it political? yes. but a never flown in space artifact is a small price to pay, in hopes of a well funded space program going forward.

anyway, 'stros in 7, because more baseball please,, offseason is too long
We have an active space program....Its just called SpaceX now
jkag89
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

To be fair. although not petty politics as with the Shuttles, the fact that the Manned Space Flight Center was placed in Houston was also somewhat due to politics. The site easily met all of NASA's criteria but it did not hurt that several very powerful Texas politicians pushed for the site including LBJ (VP and head of the Space Council), Sam Rayburn (Speaker of the House) and Houston congressional representative and Chair of the House Appropriations Committee, Albert Thomas.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jkag89 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

To be fair. although not petty politics as with the Shuttles, the fact that the Manned Space Flight Center was placed in Houston was also somewhat due to politics. The site easily met all of NASA's criteria but it did not hurt that several very powerful Texas politicians pushed for the site including LBJ (VP and head of the Space Council), Sam Rayburn (Speaker of the House) and Houston congressional representative and Chair of the House Appropriations Committee, Albert Thomas.
Agreed on the location of the Manned Space Flight Center. Everything that LBJ did was overtly political.
TAMUworkingAG
Astros in 4, I think Altuve and the rest of the ones on the team that have struggled at the plate heat up.
TAMUworkingAG
so Mattress Mack before the first ALCS game had a special sale going on, if you spend over $3,000 you get double your money back if Astros win it all. Then before Yankee series, he changed it to you get your money back. So if the Astros Lose he makes a ton of money off the sales and if they Win he loses that money and makes at least a $65 million profit. Good business man right there a sort of win win situation for him.
MarathonAg12
BigEaterAG said:

Astros in 4, I think Altuve and the rest of the ones on the team that have struggled at the plate heat up.

MarathonAg12
Guy is always hedging his bets for Vegas
jkag89
agdaddy04 said:

jkag89 said:

SW-14 said:

Not sure why everyone is considering the Phillies the "hot" team. The Astros are thus far 11-1 in the month of October.
But that one loss was to the Phillies.

Yep… if the Stros win on 10/3, Phillies May not have made it to the playoffs. Not going to look it up to see if they owned the tie breaker over the Brewers or not.
The Phillies owned the tie breaker. The fact that the Brew Crew lost 3 of four games to the Marlins in their penultimate series of the season made Philly taking the final Wild Card almost a certainty by the time they arrived in Houston.

I know a lot of Astros fans hope to celebrate a World Series Championship at Minute Maid (especially those who have tickets for games 6 &7) but I'd prefer the 'Sros make the Phillies play host to the celebration. I mean it is only fair.
Quad Dog
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Anyway,

Astros in 5.
Look how badly JSC has and still is treating their Saturn V, and that's probably a good reason we didn't get a Shuttle.
Wildmen06
AG
Isn't the Saturn V inside its own building protected from the weather?

How are they treating it badly?
agdoc2001
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Took my kiddo to a Buies Creek Astros game in 2018 while I was stationed in North Carolina. We caught Seth Beer's foul ball in the parking lot as we were leaving.

Mfr ended up going to the Diamondback's. I was looking forward to him playing with the 'Stros.

Give me the number for your decorator!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
htxag09
AG
take it to the space nerd board
TAMUworkingAG
Gol***93 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

I think one of two things will happen with the WS:

Either it's a hard fought series with it going 6 or 7 games because the Phillies stay hot and just some how get enough runs to force more games or...

The Phillies regress to the mean with their 87 wins and we sweep or win in 5 games.

So the series will go either 4, 5, 6, or 7 games, depending on a number of factors.

You heard it here first, folks.
I agree 100%. you can make some money betting those odds that the Astros or the Phillies win in either 4,5,6, or 7 games. Im going to place a huge bet on that! 10 million just like Mattress Mack
Quad Dog
AG
Wildmen06 said:

Isn't the Saturn V inside its own building protected from the weather?

How are they treating it badly?
It sat outside rotting until 2007, then they had to spend $2.5 million to refurbish it. Now it sits inside a really ugly metal shed.
JSC:

KSC has a really cool setup of it featured in their visitor center:
MarathonAg12
agdoc2001 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Give me the number for your decorator!

If you are ever in round rock. I got a cabinet full of quality bourbon. Lot of great bottles to share with Ags.
An L of an Ag
AG
Back to baseball! A bit of insomnia led me to finally watch "Facing Nolan" last night. The last out in his 5th no-hitter? Dusty Baker!
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Quote:

Look how badly JSC has and still is treating their Saturn V, and that's probably a good reason we didn't get a Shuttle.
Maybe if they rename it JSC Grill it'll class things up a bit.
TarponChaser
Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

One of the biggest points of pride for the city is the fcking "Rocky" statue. I mean, in a city with some real history these mooks celebrate a statue of a fictional movie character.
jkag89
Quad Dog said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

DVC2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Anyway,

Astros in 5.
Did the KSC take better care their Saturn V?

While I understand the need for proper care of these artifacts of the Apollo ERA, I miss being able to see the rocket when driving by JSC.

First Page Last Page
Page 1860 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.