***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,630 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
PSully97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I think one of two things will happen with the WS:

Either it's a hard fought series with it going 6 or 7 games because the Phillies stay hot and just some how get enough runs to force more games or...

The Phillies regress to the mean with their 87 wins and we sweep or win in 5 games.
So what you're saying is it's going to be over in 4, 5, 6 or 7 games.
The Porkchop Express
AG
JDUB08AG said:

AgsMnn said:

My boys are getting into cards and found my old box. They then pulled this card out that I thought I lost. This is a sign I feel like. I was only maybe 10 or 9 when I got this card signed.

That voice will be forever cemented in my brain. Doesn't get better than Milo. I love Ford but Milo will always be my guy. Sitting on the back patio with my dad cracking peanuts and listening to Astros games. I miss a simpler time.
By the time I was about 13 or 14, I had the Sony Walkman with the radio so I could listen to West Coast games after I was supposed to be asleep. There was nothing more devastating than falling asleep before the game ended, then having it run so late that the morning papers didn't have the score!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I just had the annoying realization that I will only get to watch a single game on my couch.

Friday and Saturday I'll be watching somehow at the deer lease with my son on his first youth hunting weekend.

Monday I'll get to watch at home

Tuesday-Friday I'm out of town for a work trade show.

The following weekend if we haven't put it away already I'll be back at the lease for opening weekend.
Farmer1906
AG
wangus12
AG
Kashchei said:

Morons at CBS picking the Phillies 4 to 2. All of them talk about the Phillies' "vibe" and the two who picked the Astros were very timid about it.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2022-world-series-predictions-phillies-astros-picks-cbs-staff-predicts-nl-takes-home-trophy/

So they picked the Phillies based on vibes. That's some outstanding analysis.

Don't get me wrong. Teams flip the script all the time, but that **** is over. We dealt with it in 2019 and 2021. It's time to **** somebody up
tjack16
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

This week ****ing sucks

Could be worse. For 28 other teams it's the off-season
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

The Liberty Bell is probly the most overrated historical landmark too

It's broken ffs haha
tjack16
AG

That's a lot of Navy and Orange
McInnis
AG
iamtheglove said:

JDUB08AG said:

AgsMnn said:

My boys are getting into cards and found my old box. They then pulled this card out that I thought I lost. This is a sign I feel like. I was only maybe 10 or 9 when I got this card signed.

That voice will be forever cemented in my brain. Doesn't get better than Milo. I love Ford but Milo will always be my guy. Sitting on the back patio with my dad cracking peanuts and listening to Astros games. I miss a simpler time.

Being a kid in the early 70's listening on AM radio as the signal faded in and out during the night, Gene Elston and Lowell Passe were among the most familiar and friendly voices of my youth. Milo, Bill Brown and now Robert and Sparky are great in their own right, but the whole experience of staying up "late" then falling asleep to the Astros as called by Elston and Passe to this day is such a strong and happy memory.
You are me. 950am in Houston. Little transistor radio beneath my pillow. Loel Passe "and that ball's an Astro orbit!".
bigjag19
AG
tjack16 said:

That's a lot of Navy and Orange

But where are the pinstripes?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Slipped this into the book I'm ghostwriting about i-commerce and the metaverse tonight.

Even more impressively, virtual showrooms let companies showcase items that aren't even in existence yet. Is your team on the verge of taking the World Series title? See how you look in the blue WORLD CHAMPIONS T-shirt as opposed to the orange one. Hey, why not both?
lil99chris
AG
Milo had a stack of those cards and would hand them out every game. I think he spent a half hour each day preparing the cards.
SW-14
AG
Not sure why everyone is considering the Phillies the "hot" team. The Astros are thus far 11-1 in the month of October.
Harry Dunne
I'm relieved. Keep the disrespect coming.

We've gotten this far being the villain, don't want everyone to start kissing our ass now and ruin the mojo.
BTKAG97
AG
Too many off days.
shano0603
AG
AgsMnn said:

Pretty crazy. I have a card that looks exactly like that.
Ag4life80
AG
Kinda interesting.....

the media says the Phillies are the hot team, yet.....

The Astros have a 9-game winning streak going that started with 2 wins over the Phillies to end the regular season

Let's not forget that JV was pulled in his last start of the season against the Phillies after throwing 5 perfect innings
cone
AG
Astros never went ape**** like the Phillies did on the Braves

that and the whole hot NL east team meme
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
lil99chris said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

The Liberty Bell is probly the most overrated historical landmark too

So is the Space Shuttle Enterprise, but New York had to have it over Houston. The rest is history.
That was pure politics as a f you to a State that didn't vote for Obama. F you Schumer.
FrioAg 00
AG
We have won 24 of our last 30. That's sustained heat.

They've won 16 of their last 30, one game above .500

jkag89
SW-14 said:

Not sure why everyone is considering the Phillies the "hot" team. The Astros are thus far 11-1 in the month of October.
But that one loss was to the Phillies.
tjack16
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Kinda interesting.....

the media says the Phillies are the hot team, yet.....

The Astros have a 9-game winning streak going that started with 2 wins over the Phillies to end the regular season

Let's not forget that JV was pulled in his last start of the season against the Phillies after throwing 5 perfect innings

I think maybe their wins are more appealing to viewers and that's why? A lot of huge homeruns, over the top bat flips and high scoring games.

But yeah to me we are "hotter". I think It's also the Cinderella run aspect of it for them.
Ag_07
AG
It's the appeal of the unexpected.

Stros were expected to be here before the season started. Phils were not. They were last team in and are on a run.

We're just doing what everyone knew we would.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beating the defending world champs gives the Phillies their skin on the wall for reaching the WS. If it had been the Padres, it would have been the same thing about them beating LA.

Beating the Padres and the Cardinals was no great shock for the Phillies to do, but they were still an after thought entering the post-season, especially with the Braves and Mets looking poised for another round.

They have a good story for the year, no doubt. Joe Girardi stunk the joint up and got ****-canned after 51 games and they played 65-46 ball the rest of the year. it's not that dissimilar to the 2004 Astros when we fired Jimy Williams at 44-44 and Phil Garner came in and the team went 48-26 the rest of the way.

Phils went 52-29 (.641) over the summer months, than had a losing record in Sept/Oct, so it definitely had the feeling of "just happy to be here" when the Brewers pissed the bed and lost the wild card. Philly had two different 5-game losing streaks after September 15 and still snuck in.

But now they are hot, and since Aaron Judge is gone, everyone has to kiss the feet of Bryce Harper because he plays on the East Coast, he's white, and he hasn't won the World Series.

Dynasties are boring to the media, unless it's in LA, Chicago, New York or Boston. Philly is new blood, so they're getting the hand job until we start beating the piss out of them.

htxag09
AG
What's funny to me is I was perusing Phillies social media pages and their fans seem to think everyone hates them and it's them against the world this WS.....
rgt99
I'm against them, **** the Phillies
rgt99
Houston is not losing!!!
McInnis
AG
Ag_07 said:

It's the appeal of the unexpected.

Stros were expected to be here before the season started. Phils were not. They were last team in and are on a run.

We're just doing what everyone knew we would.
Based on what I've been reading here this kind of surprises me but I just checked and the Astros hit 9 more home runs in the regular season than the Phillies.
cone
AG
Quote:

If it had been the Padres, it would have been the same thing about them beating LA.

completely agree with this

plus Soto the Astro killer story line
cone
AG
Astros just aren't that exciting

two of the stars in a slump and they still peter rolled NYC
BadAggie
AG
Eso si, Que es
I am excited that we get LMJ or Javier against Suarez in Game 3. We are going to roll into Philly and just completely demoralize their entire city in under an hour when we get to the bullpen in 3 and then score double digits.

Bookmark This.
Fur Missile Command
AG
shano0603 said:

AgsMnn said:

Pretty crazy. I have a card that looks exactly like that.

Not that crazy. I have one signed as well. I remember meeting all those guys in the mid 90's at card shows in the Astro Hall. Even crazier is a picture of me playing catch with Ken Caminiti when I was like 5. My mom taught his kids in elementary. I've been an Astros fan since birth.
“We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - Winston Churchill

FJB
Farmer1906
AG
Agree

McCullers/Javier vs Suarez/Falter is extremely lopsided.
wangus12
AG
htxag09 said:

What's funny to me is I was perusing Phillies social media pages and their fans seem to think everyone hates them and it's them against the world this WS.....

That's because the people from Philly are trashiest ahole fans in all of sports and everyone hates them for it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1859 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.