***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,628 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Speaking of first base and defense. I love videos like this and just so happens to feature Trey.

I just made my kid watch this
lil99chris
AG
Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

The Liberty Bell is probly the most overrated historical landmark too

So is the Space Shuttle Enterprise, but New York had to have it over Houston. The rest is history.
spadilly
S

Postseason off days…

The Porkchop Express
AG
There's a pretty high probability that a 7-year-old Aaron Boone was running around the Astrodome during the 1980 NLCS. His dad Bob was the Phillies' starting catcher. I envision little Aaron *****ing about how cold it was in the Dome, how he got stage fright peeing at the trough urinals, and how Dallas Green wouldn't listen to any of his strategy ideas and that some day he'd grow up and be the best manager ever!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
I think one of two things will happen with the WS:

Either it's a hard fought series with it going 6 or 7 games because the Phillies stay hot and just some how get enough runs to force more games or...

The Phillies regress to the mean with their 87 wins and we sweep or win in 5 games.
GolfAg93
S
All I do is Nguyen said:

Either it's a hard fought series with it going 6 or 7 games because the Phillies stay hot and just some how get enough runs to force more games or...

The Phillies regress to the mean with their 87 wins and we sweep or win in 5 games.

So the series will go either 4, 5, 6, or 7 games, depending on a number of factors.

You heard it here first, folks.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Gol***93 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

So the series will go either 4, 5, 6, or 7 games, depending on a number of factors.

You heard it here first, folks.
Also, the Phillies will either score very few runs, some runs, or quite a lot of runs.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Astros in 4!

Or 5!

Or 6!

Or 7!
DVC2010
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Astros in 4!

Or 5!

Or 6!

Or 7!

Those all sound good to me!
All I do is Nguyen
Hey I'm no Porkchop, but I may be right, or I may be wrong.

Only one way to find out
ttha_aggie_09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Hey I'm no Porkchop, but I may be right, or I may be wrong.

Only one way to find out
I hope you're right because I just want to Nguyen
BayAg_14
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Astros in 4!

Or 5!

Or 6!

Or 7!

My liver request 4, 5 or 6.
Farmer1906
AG
MarathonAg12
This week ****ing sucks
lead
Farmer1906 said:

super interesting stat
Ag_07
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

This week ****ing sucks

Fine by me.

Let the Phils cool, Stros rest, and my liver recover and prepare.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

His windup has always reminded me of John McEnroe's serve for some reason...except John's left-handed and plays tennis. Besides that though...maybe it's the fluid wind-up, I don't know. Carry on.
Kashchei
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

This week ****ing sucks

I'm nervous AF and the first game is still 3 days away!
AgsMnn
AG
My boys are getting into cards and found my old box. They then pulled this card out that I thought I lost. This is a sign I feel like. I was only maybe 10 or 9 when I got this card signed.

bigjag19
AG
AgsMnn said:

My boys are getting into cards and found my old box. They then pulled this card out that I thought I lost. This is a sign I feel like. I was only maybe 10 or 9 when I got this card signed.

Double blue star it
The Porkchop Express
AG
AgsMnn said:

Nice! When I was 18 I got to throw out the first pitch at a game and got to meet Milo before the game and he autographed a ball for me.
Seabreeze
Game 6 is in tonight if anyone is interested
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Jet Black said:

Been around the US a bit and Philadelphia is easily one of the trashiest pos cities in the country.

The Liberty Bell is probly the most overrated historical landmark too

I'd like to lick it. Just once.
This one?

JDUB08AG
AG
AgsMnn said:

That voice will be forever cemented in my brain. Doesn't get better than Milo. I love Ford but Milo will always be my guy. Sitting on the back patio with my dad cracking peanuts and listening to Astros games. I miss a simpler time.
AustinCountyAg
That's good stuff. Great coaching and teaching there.
Kashchei
AG
Morons at CBS picking the Phillies 4 to 2. All of them talk about the Phillies' "vibe" and the two who picked the Astros were very timid about it.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2022-world-series-predictions-phillies-astros-picks-cbs-staff-predicts-nl-takes-home-trophy/
AustinCountyAg
Teddy Perkins said:

https://instagr.am/p/CBRpxRijPVZ

Quote:

I met Trey a few years ago working at MASN. I still laugh thinking about a show we did together back in 2017.
He was one of my favorite people to interview. I knew I'd get great insight and he'd have a good attitude about whatever I asked! I never thought life would take me where it has, but I'm so happy it did.
After I left Baltimore, he must have missed my daily interviews and lengthy questions sooo much he asked me to dinner. Six months later, here we are. From Trey's cancer diagnosis to quarantine, this has been a wild few months. But I feel really lucky and blessed to say that he is over halfway done with treatments!!! We can also check home nurse off the list because taking out his medication and take-home IV is a piece of cake now People come into your life for a reason and I'm so glad our jobs had us cross paths. Super proud of you and your strength on a daily basis.
Posted a few years ago.

reminds me of my wife and I. I was coaching high school baseball and we'd had been dating for maybe five months before I was diagnosed with cancer in my mid 20's. Was by my side every day taking care of me. Their are some good girls out there!
Charlie Conway
AustinCountyAg said:

Teddy Perkins said:

https://instagr.am/p/CBRpxRijPVZ

Quote:

I met Trey a few years ago working at MASN. I still laugh thinking about a show we did together back in 2017.
He was one of my favorite people to interview. I knew I'd get great insight and he'd have a good attitude about whatever I asked! I never thought life would take me where it has, but I'm so happy it did.
After I left Baltimore, he must have missed my daily interviews and lengthy questions sooo much he asked me to dinner. Six months later, here we are. From Trey's cancer diagnosis to quarantine, this has been a wild few months. But I feel really lucky and blessed to say that he is over halfway done with treatments!!! We can also check home nurse off the list because taking out his medication and take-home IV is a piece of cake now People come into your life for a reason and I'm so glad our jobs had us cross paths. Super proud of you and your strength on a daily basis.
Posted a few years ago.

reminds me of my wife and I. I was coaching high school baseball and we'd had been dating for maybe five months before I was diagnosed with cancer in my mid 20's. Was by my side every day taking care of me. Their are some good girls out there!
there*
Frok
AG
Kashchei said:

Morons at CBS picking the Phillies 4 to 2. All of them talk about the Phillies' "vibe" and the two who picked the Astros were very timid about it.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2022-world-series-predictions-phillies-astros-picks-cbs-staff-predicts-nl-takes-home-trophy/

I get what they are talking about. The best team never wins, just whoever is hot and has the "it" factor going on. Phillies fit that right now.

But a couple good pitching performances by Astros starters could quickly turn that around.
McInnis
AG
I sure wish Trey could get things turned around this post season and the Astros would bring him back next year. I'm not sure he will, or should, get a chance to though. Seems like a great guy.
agdaddy04
AG
He was coaching baseball, not English.
iamtheglove
JDUB08AG said:

AgsMnn said:

That voice will be forever cemented in my brain. Doesn't get better than Milo. I love Ford but Milo will always be my guy. Sitting on the back patio with my dad cracking peanuts and listening to Astros games. I miss a simpler time.

Being a kid in the early 70's listening on AM radio as the signal faded in and out during the night, Gene Elston and Lowell Passe were among the most familiar and friendly voices of my youth. Milo, Bill Brown and now Robert and Sparky are great in their own right, but the whole experience of staying up "late" then falling asleep to the Astros as called by Elston and Passe to this day is such a strong and happy memory.
iamtheglove
[
Kashchei
AG
Frok said:

Kashchei said:

I get what they are talking about. The best team never wins, just whoever is hot and has the "it" factor going on. Phillies fit that right now.

But a couple good pitching performances by Astros starters could quickly turn that around.

If we lose 3 in a row to bull**** "hot" teams I'm gonna be pissed.
First Page Last Page
Page 1858 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.