***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,319,597 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At the very end the guy says who the F even likes sponge bob anymore? In reference the to the person in the crowd of the Indians game wearing a sponge bob outfit

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
maca1028

How about this one?
annie88
AG
I can't either. Seriously. But the clock-like image, is that something specific to Seattle? I get the wins to get to the World Series and all but did Seattle involve a clock specifically in their marketing this year? Like it's our time?

Because it's just a sweep image for the road to the World Series
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
That is such a ridiculous thing for the LA Times say. Baseball playoffs have never been about who is the 'best team' necessarily. It's honestly who is the last standing. Who has their game on which day. obviously all the teams that make it to the playoffs are the better teams for the year from their records.

In fact every playoff series is except for the college football series has always been like that, which is starting to be that way, thankfully.

You can do things on paper that are supposed to mean your team is the best and win out but it doesn't work like that.

Freaking West Coast, man
Fight Fight Fight.
SECcess12
EastCoastAgNc said:

Anybody checked on this dude? RIP to his ass

He is one of the worst out there. Huge effin baby, too.
Cromagnum
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Seattle fans are actually upset about the Astros social media account posting the sweep. That's charming extra soft. Definitely not ready for October baseball.

They should bring it up during the parade they are holding for getting swept.

Maybe Alvarez can still lead the parade as the drum major, but instead of his bat, he can bring a broom.
annie88
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Seattle fans are actually upset about the Astros social media account posting the sweep. That's charming extra soft. Definitely not ready for October baseball.

It's the West Coast.

Are we really that surprised?
Fight Fight Fight.
jkag89
maca1028 said:

How about this one?
Somebody already posted this tweet. The MLB postseason has not been "fair" since 1969 when both leagues decided to split into divisions. Are the '88 Dodgers willing to hand over their World Series trophy to the A's or even the Mets, who were clearly class of the NL that season? Doubtful.
GigEmMortis
AG
Texas A&M said:

Too many pages on this thread to scroll through, but some of the 'blue check' reactions to the Astros social media accounts is entertaining to say the least.

What a GD snowflake
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Decent analysis
cone
AG
Texas A&M said:

Too many pages on this thread to scroll through, but some of the 'blue check' reactions to the Astros social media accounts is entertaining to say the least.

lol cry more lib
Ag_07
AG
A) His wife mows his lawn with an electric mower

B) He's on his high horse but I'd bet a lot of money he has one of those Houston...We are the problem shirts.

C) Win and you won't have to worry about it. Again...This is big boy baseball.
spadilly
S

Postseason off days…

spadilly
S
(I know…I know…but I have to keep it going!)
tailgatetimer10
AG
Cromagnum said:

That's not how it works. LOL

The way they are crying, you would think the series was 2-2 and they took us to the limit on game 5.

Lol so you want the series to end 4-0? That very well would've happened with our pitching depth
cone
AG
no bigger flex than the Astros coaching staff implying they could have gone 30 innings
cone
AG

tjack16
AG
Opposing fan bases need this for Christmas this year
jkag89
We all be mad if you didn't.
cone
AG
I just like how the sanctimonious sports media has been whipping our ass for years and now we're immune to their sanctimony and they've got nothing left but to wait for the Astros to lose
jkag89
mm98 said:

Take a brief look at his twitter feed. He's a "smartest guy in the room" ******
I'll think I'll pass.
BadAggie
AG

Seth wondered why nobody returns his calls and texts.

Texas A&M said:

JohnLA762
AG
spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

You can always tune in to watch the Jankees season come to an end!
tjack16
AG

Overlooked but I love how fast Pena was out of the box. He was halfway to 2nd when the ball cleared the wall. He would have gotten a triple out of that if it hit the wall.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
twitter is absolute gold today
McInnis
AG
tjack16 said:

Overlooked but I love how fast Pena was out of the box. He was halfway to 2nd when the ball cleared the wall. He would have gotten a triple out of that if it hit the wall.
I noticed that too. He's a rookie, he'll probably learn to stand in the batter's and admire his long fly balls. But I hope not. Springer might have cost us a game in the '19 series doing that on a ball that bounced off the wall.
n_touch
tjack16 said:

Thats because even he couldn't tell the ball was leaving. The ball did not carry all game and then out of no where what looked like a lazy fly goes 415 ft.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

The Astros social media team know
tjack16
AG
n_touch said:

tjack16 said:

Thats because even he couldn't tell the ball was leaving. The ball did not carry all game and then out of no where what looked like a lazy fly goes 415 ft.

True. But in the era of admiring your shot (and it backfiring often), it was nice to see him out of the box fast.
mwm
Unfortunately, this guy's opinion is all too reflective of a big portion of our society at many levels. It's not limited to sports. It's a massive sense of entitlement.

"I deserve my participation ribbon".
scrimp
AG
I think it is a couple of factors--first it seems like people are looking for things to be offended by these days. He had to put (albeit a small amount of) effort in to view the Astros twitter, and then decided to be outraged by the tweet. Outrage is social currency these days.... Don't like what someone tweets/posts/grams/etc? Don't view it.

Second, the internet has given everyone the ability to give their opinions and broadcast it worldwide. Before the internet, worldwide statements and opinions were somewhat limited to world leaders, and few celebrities, and people at the top of their fields--business, science, medicine, etc. Now, virtually everyone has the ability to give a snarky opinion on anything, and broadcast it worldwide, even if it is dumb. And, yes, I do see the irony of me giving my opinion on a message board.... ;-)

Years ago (probably 20 or so years ago) someone on Texags used to have a signature that read something to the effect of "Before the internet, the village idiot was limited to his village".
Anonymous Source
S
BadAggie said:

Seth wondered why nobody returns his calls and texts.

Texas A&M said:

I mean… did I miss the part where they didn't get swept?
Gig 'Em
KCup17
AG
We all coming to the thread to dunk on the Yankees?
The Porkchop Express
AG
McInnis said:

tjack16 said:

I noticed that too. He's a rookie, he'll probably learn to stand in the batter's and admire his long fly balls. But I hope not. Springer might have cost us a game in the '19 series doing that on a ball that bounced off the wall.
Jose Siri would have acted like the bat was his dick and taken a piss at the Mariners entire crowd as he ran around the basis. He would have also been 0 for 8 at that point with 8 strikeouts on 24 pitches.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
JABQ04
AG
KCup17 said:

We all coming to the thread to dunk on the Yankees?

v
First Page Last Page
Page 1553 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.