***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,334,317 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Sorry if I missed it, but who is player 1? And Yordan is player 2 correct?
Apparently the soon to be All Star starter at DH.

Yep.
rausr
AG
11 LOB
RED AG 98
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

Yeah. Everyone vote for player 1.
I hate this for Yordan. He absolutely deserves to start but I am not expecting him to win the vote.
Aggie8587
AG
What a crock of ****
gambochaman
AG
yeah thats an absolute crock
TexAg2001
AG
I just hate that it's purely based on votes. Votes can be easily swayed by the media and mainstream sports media rarely says anything good about the Astros or their players.
Beat40
MAROON said:

OK - Dubon needs no more at bats for the immediate future. Give me anyone else on the roster batting in his spot.

I like that Dubon puts the ball in play. I'll take putting the ball in play over strikeouts.
Harry Dunne
RED AG 98 said:

3 for 3 and a walk for Maldy
Lee getting called up has turned Maldy into a combination of Pudge and Ichiro.
spadilly
S
Anyone at the game today…does the team shop have kids city connect bregman jerseys? Lil Spadilly wants one for Christmas and I'm kicking myself since I can't find one online.
CFTXAG10
AG
Series W
spadilly
S
BALLGAME!!!
Back to our winning ways.
MAROON
AG
very nice 7-1 home stand
htxag09
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

I hate this for Yordan. He absolutely deserves to start but I am not expecting him to win the vote.
Last year the AL batting title winner and gold glove winner at first base wasn't an all-star.....all-star voting is an absolute joke/popularity contest, will continuously favor the big markets, and needs to be revised.
Mathguy64
AG
Ballgame. 7-1 home stand. Scrapped these last 3 wins but they are still wins.

Off to the west coast to put in some kill shots in July.
mwm
Merrifield 0-5 today. Glad we won't see him again this year.
RED AG 98
AG
Harry Dunne said:

RED AG 98 said:

Since then:

2 HR game
3 for 3 today, with a standup double and infield single

Machete, infield single. Just wanted to write that one more time because it very well could be the last.
gambochaman
AG
htxag09 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

Last year the AL batting title winner and gold glove winner at first base wasn't an all-star.....all-star voting is an absolute joke/popularity contest, will continuously favor the big markets, and needs to be revised.
100%
07ag
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Harry Dunne said:

RED AG 98 said:

Since then:

2 HR game
3 for 3 today, with a standup double and infield single

Machete, infield single. Just wanted to write that one more time because it very well could be the last.
you can't teach speed
https://ts.la/eric59704
baseballaficionado
RED AG 98 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

You all keep saying this, but I don't think Ohtani has lead in any round or at any point.
htxag09
AG
baseballaficionado said:

RED AG 98 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

You all keep saying this, but I don't think Ohtani has lead in any round or at any point.

Well MLB posted the numbers on Facebook around noon and ohtani had 51% of the votes….

ETA:
https://instagr.am/p/CfuF8PyrkfQ
baseballaficionado
htxag09 said:

baseballaficionado said:

RED AG 98 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

Well MLB posted the numbers on Facebook around noon and ohtani had 51% of the votes….

Dang, don't have FB, so I have missed the last update.
Farmer1906
AG
baseballaficionado said:

RED AG 98 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

He's leading as go 5 hours ago.

RED AG 98
AG
They showed the graphic coming out of a break late in the game, which I believe prompted mathguy's post here …
baseballaficionado
I believe the teams are in control of who they submit and their position designation for the All-Star voting. It would have been much better for the Astros to classify Yordan as an OF.
baseballaficionado
I have multiple emails, so I have found multiple ways to vote today. Turn off the wi-fi on my phone, vote at the office, at home, etc.
Bad Poster
Which one of you caught altuve's HR today? Postgame show showed the person thay caught it. Looked like he had an aggie ring on and was saying gig em to another person after catching it
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Jet Black
Meyers hitting .302
Harry Dunne
htxag09 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Player 1.
80 games
.259/.344/.495
18 HR, 48 R, 53 RBI
WRC+ 143, fWAR 1.6

Player 2.
72 games
.312/.408/.655
26HR, 55 R, 59 RBI
wRC+ 202, fWAR 3.6

But it is literally a popularity contest. By design.

They should do an All-MLB team at the end of the season. No award that is voted on by fans at mid-season matters much anyway.
MaxPower
I'd also like to see the All Star game pushed back a few weeks. Too often the guy who wins the Cy Young or MVP aren't even on the team. Not disputing it's a popularity contest but giving fans more time to see emerging players can't hurt.
Mathguy64
AG
I don't mind that the ASG is a popularity contest. It's for the fans. But Yordan is the most dominant left handed hitter in MLB and only Goldy is in his class as a right handed one. Goldy has a higher average but a lower OPS. Better counting stats in R and RBI but he's also played 80 games.

Judge is having a very very good year. Ohtani is having a very good year at the plate and on the bump. Yordan is in another class right now as a hitter.

I bet $20 he finishes third in the MVP behind Judge and either Ohtani or Trout. Just because of who they are and where they play.
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

I don't mind that the ASG is a popularity contest. It's for the fans. But Yordan is the most dominant left handed hitter in MLB and only Goldy is in his class as a right handed one. Goldy has a higher average but a lower OPS. Better counting stats in R and RBI but he's also played 80 games.

Judge is having a very very good year. Ohtani is having a very good year at the plate and on the bump. Yordan is in another class right now as a hitter.

I bet $20 he finishes third in the MVP behind Judge and either Ohtani or Trout. Just because of who they are and where they play.

If Yordan and Judge continue to have the same second halves as they did firsts, I think it will come down to who's team finishes in first in the AL. Yordan does get a lot of love, and I do believe the voters do take into account numbers.

I personally think if Yordan has the same second half as first half that he will finish no worse than 2nd. Ohtani or Trout are not winning it this year.
Harry Dunne
Also in fairness, Yuli had a great season but he was a pretty good distance behind Vlad Jr & Matt Olson for third place among 1b… and Jared Walsh had 22 HR & 65 RBI at the break before cooling off…so at the All-Star break those were probably the three correct choices and even if they had an all MLB team at the end of the season Yuli is still a third team guy.
bearkatag15
AG
Devers just took Cole deep for the 2nd time tonight. 5 total RBI
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
First Page Last Page
Page 573 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.