***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,007,370 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those are turrble
Oyster DuPree
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

Yuck

Should have been purple.

A lot of the foothills and mountains around Denver do have a green look to them because of the evergreen trees. To me it's more of a meh than a yuck. Too generic
Ag_07
AG
No wonder our city connects are so popular...Everyone else's suck
RED AG 98
AG
Our pants suck too though. Only marginally better with short pants and high tequila socks, which themself are friggin' allsum!
BQ2001
AG
Astros will always be my favorite team but I do enjoy going to Rockies games now that I live here. I'm not a big fan on the uniforms but I do like this Rockies hoodie though. Not sure I'd spend $70 on it.
bearkatag15
AG
MaxPower
That's probably a reasonable offer but the market could be competitive. All the big market teams will have money to spend. The Dodgers specifically will have a ton of money available.
Beau Holder
AG
I don't hate the Rockies unis. There's a little bit of "so bad they're good" going on, and a little bit of points for going outside the box in terms of design and colors. Wish the numbers on back weren't white on white and so huge. The hat is good.

Not great, but not terrible.
Farmer1906
AG
MaxPower said:

That's probably a reasonable offer but the market could be competitive. All the big market teams will have money to spend. The Dodgers specifically will have a ton of money available.
That team could look very different.

They've committed long-term money to Betts, Freeman, & Taylor.

Turner, Kershaw, and Kimbrel will be free agents.

Turner & Muncy have 1-year club options.
MaxPower
Kershaw, Bauer and Anderson (who has been shockingly good) off the books. A 2 year big dollar annual deal seems like something that would appeal to them.
Deluxe
AG
Hopefully Scherzer's $43mm/year AAV didn't totally reset the asking price for old aces. If JV keeps throwing like this, I'd gladly give him 2/$66mm. Kinda worried that may not be enough though.

I'm honestly curious how JV is handled for the remainder of the year. He's such a competitive mofo that he might want to throw 220+ innings and go for that third Cy Young. Problem is that we let him do that in 2019 and he was clearly running out of gas as the playoffs got deeper. Hopefully we can give him few weeks off in July and keep him more in the 180 inning range. But I wouldn't want to be the guy in the organization tasked with telling him that.
Deluxe
AG
Hopefully we can get Hunter some big league starts here in a few weeks when we start IL rotations for our staff.
Farmer1906
AG
Burns won the Cy throwing just 167 innings last year. JV doesn't need to even hit the 200 mark.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Burns won the Cy throwing just 167 innings last year. JV doesn't need to even hit the 200 mark.
Insightful
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Deluxe said:

Hopefully Scherzer's $43mm/year AAV didn't totally reset the asking price for old aces. If JV keeps throwing like this, I'd gladly give him 2/$66mm. Kinda worried that may not be enough though.

I'm honestly curious how JV is handled for the remainder of the year. He's such a competitive mofo that he might want to throw 220+ innings and go for that third Cy Young. Problem is that we let him do that in 2019 and he was clearly running out of gas as the playoffs got deeper. Hopefully we can give him few weeks off in July and keep him more in the 180 inning range. But I wouldn't want to be the guy in the organization tasked with telling him that.

Don't underestimate the relationship Verlander has with Jim Crane.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe said:

Don't underestimate the relationship Verlander has with Jim Crane.

Agree that's a factor. I think they'll make it work unless someone offers Scherzer money.
jetch17
AG
West coast games
bearkatag15
AG

Long video but he is throwing off the rubber and hitting low 80s on his velo. Not throwing breaking balls yet but isn't worried about about his ability to get those going. More concerned about ramping up his velo on fastballs.

When asked about timeline, he mentioned that right now is the equivalent of mid January. A couple more weeks from getting to camp then throwing some intense bullpens then start throwing lives and rehab games.

That sounds like a late July return to me
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

bearkatag15
AG
Astros have hit well vs Flexen. Yordan especially
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
Spending a nice Friday evening watching the Ags beat up on Bama while waiting for the Astros.
Texaggie7nine
Watching the Blues vs Avs.
7nine
Cromagnum
AG
Weak.
bearkatag15
AG
yikes
bearkatag15
AG
only 6 of JV pitches have been in the zone. He isn't locating well right now
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Might be an early night for JV
bearkatag15
AG
Oof...
cap-n-jack
Oh wow. They are crushing JV
Cromagnum
AG
1st JV game I've tuned into this season and it's this suckfest.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Well in other league news...
linkdude
AG
See ya
JABQ04
AG
I mean I wanna slap Joc Pedersen too
First Page Last Page
Page 307 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.