***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,320,400 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bag said:

has a team ever swept its way to a world series title?

asking for a friend
Not in the WC era. The Braves won 8 in a row in '20 before losing the CS to LA. '14 Royals & '07 Rockies both swept the DS and CS and then lost the WS, including game 1.
astros4545
AG
Bag said:

asking for a friend

Third team to start 7-0

No 11-0 sweeps in Wild Card Era
Mathguy64
AG
Fangraphs playoff odds have the WS at 54-46. Basically a coin flip and the edge to home field. Interesting.
Furlock Bones
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Many on this thread said the Stros wouldn't catch NYY this year.

I said early in the year. The stanks would win the regular season bust as usual the Astros would win the postseason. I amended that in late June predicting the Astros would catch the stanks by the 2nd week of August. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
CEAg78
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Good morning AL champions.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
crowman2010
AG
Prosperdick said:

crowman2010 said:

My wife fell asleep during the game...she just woke up and saw the Astros won...then I won! Happy Monday!
We have rules!!!

I've followed Rule 1 before...on the GB. Happy hunting
Owner - Mosquito and Pest Authority | www.bugsbite.com
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Now ... payback for 1980.
AustinAg2K
EastCoastAgNc said:

We have this year's talking point...
Mathguy64
AG
I want to see Yuli, every time the inning ends with the ball in his glove, run by the mound and spike the ball. It won't bounce like the old concrete and carpet did but it will warm my heart none the less.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Jbob04
AG
Love this damn team.
AustinAg2K
Astros win in four. This team isn't losing another game.
aTm2004
AG
The best of Sparky from last night.

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/michael-connor/content/2022-10-24-listen-steve-sparks-gets-wet-in-the-astros-alcs-clubhouse-celebration/
Bag
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Astros win in four. This team isn't losing another game.
from your lips to God's ears
Teddy Perkins
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Didn't get on this board too much yesterday but man... this feeling never gets old
AustinCountyAg
damn I love this thread
All I do is Nguyen
I was in and out of consciousness last night, since I am on the east coast this 8:30 start time is for the birds.

I was following along after the 8th inning though, I did watch the whole 8th and celebration. Jesus am I dragging at work today. Thankfully it's an easy day with no meetings. This feeling never gets old y'all. I wasn't nervous about losing to the Yankees, i was more worried about if we lost how INSUFFERABLE their fans and the media would have been.

Like I have said before on this thread, do not take this golden era of Astros baseball for granted. Enjoy every win and every moment.
Johnsy3
AG
In the expanded playoffs, only the '99 Jankees and '05 White Sox have gone 11-1 in the postseason (both losses came in the Cas)
Ag_07
AG
I think this sweep could result in the dismantling of the this Yankees team.

Boone I think gets the axe.
Not sure about how much clout Cashman has but he could be gone as well.
I don't think they resign Judge. I think he walks not because they don't pursue him but I think he decides he wants to play elsewhere.

This series showed everyone in the organization they're not as close as they thought and they have quite a few holes that need to be addressed.
Wabs
AG
KTAG05
AG

So was the Espada to the White Sox fake news?
Bag
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think this sweep could result in the dismantling of the this Yankees team.

Boone I think gets the axe.
Not sure about how much clout Cashman has but he could be gone as well.
I don't think they resign Judge. I think he walks not because they don't pursue him but I think he decides he wants to play elsewhere.

This series showed everyone in the organization they're not as close as they thought and they have quite a few holes that need to be addressed.
Cashman needs to fired based on principle alone.

This team was an absolute train wreck for the from June on.
Dr. Doctor
AG
astros4545 said:

Bag said:

asking for a friend

Third team to start 7-0

I was thinking this last night, but didn't want to ask the question.

~egon
wangus12
AG
Pahdz said:

Yes he brought up 2017 but the final point and comparison he made to the Patriots is dead on. It's doesn't mean squat the Houston F'ing Astros are a damn dynasty
Absolutely. At the same time, we only have 1 ring to show for it. We're playing yet another white hot NL East team that somehow feels like they have damn destiny thing going. Come out and punch them in the throat on Friday.

Its time to nut the **** up and put them in the ground. We make fun of the Dodgers for only winning one in the shortened season while being so good the last 5-6 years. We're kinda in the same boat. We have to win this one. 6 straight ALCSs in a row is great. 4 WS in 6 years is incredible. Its a travesty to only win one of them. We must finish this *****
n_touch
BCSGrubber said:

He can manage both. One week in person and the other virtual. Will prob have better records than this year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I was in and out of consciousness last night, since I am on the east coast this 8:30 start time is for the birds.

I was following along after the 8th inning though, I did watch the whole 8th and celebration. Jesus am I dragging at work today. Thankfully it's an easy day with no meetings. This feeling never gets old y'all. I wasn't nervous about losing to the Yankees, i was more worried about if we lost how INSUFFERABLE their fans and the media would have been.

Like I have said before on this thread, do not take this golden era of Astros baseball for granted. Enjoy every win and every moment.
I feel your pain brother...was up til 2am. Too jacked up from the win.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
n_touch said:

BCSGrubber said:

He can manage both. One week in person and the other virtual. Will prob have better records than this year.
Hybrid management
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Wabs said:

Semi-serious question--exactly how much money would that cost, in total? That's a long thread to unwind before they get to that end result.
astros4545
AG
Would love to be up 1-0 in the World Series

Never seen it before
gambochaman
AG
Exhausted as well

WORTH IT
Ag_07
AG
I know they have a stud SS prospect but I wonder if they kick the tires on CC and ask him to play 3B?

Either way they've got a lot of holes to fill in all aspects offense, starters and BP.
The Porkchop Express
AG
astros4545 said:

Bag said:

asking for a friend

Third team to start 7-0

The only team to go undefeated in the post-season since divisional play started in 1969 is the 1976 Cincinnati Reds.

Swept the Phillies 3-0 in the LCS, swept the Yankees 4-0 in the WC.
Had 5 regulars bat at least .306 on the season (Morgan, Rose, Foster, Geronimo, Griffey) and 3 future Hall of Famers (Morgan, Perez, Bench).
Managed by Sparky Anderson

Trailed in all 3 games of the LCS. In the third game were down 3-0 after 6-1/2, 5-4 after 7-1/2, and 6-4 going to the bottom of the ninth. Tied it on back to back jacks by Foster and Bench and won it on a walk-off single by Griffey.

Never trailed the Yankees in the WS until the fourth game (sound familiar) when New York got a 1 run in the bottom of the first. Reds scored 3 in the top of the 4th and cruised to a 7-2 win in Nueva York.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
First Page Last Page
Page 1839 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.