***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,486 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lewis Brinson double off DeGrom
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

In addition, the deal also essentially has a Shohei Ohtani rule with the designated hitter becoming universal in the new collective bargaining agreement. The new rule stipulates that if the starting pitcher is also hitting in the lineup, then that player remains as the DH even if he is pulled from the start. Thus, if Ohtani, say, pitched five innings, he would still hit through the entire game. This rule is for the life of the new CBA, not just for 2022 and the hope is to promote more two-way players.

Oh please. It's not to promote more 2 way players. It's the baseball equivalent of a Bill of Attainder. It's made for Ohtani and him alone.
Guarantee you Grienke is already lobbying in KC...
YellAg2004
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

https://nypost.com/2022/03/22/mlb-union-agree-to-temporary-28-man-rosters-shohei-ohtani-rule/
Quote:

In addition, the deal also essentially has a Shohei Ohtani rule with the designated hitter becoming universal in the new collective bargaining agreement. The new rule stipulates that if the starting pitcher is also hitting in the lineup, then that player remains as the DH even if he is pulled from the start. Thus, if Ohtani, say, pitched five innings, he would still hit through the entire game. This rule is for the life of the new CBA, not just for 2022 and the hope is to promote more two-way players.

Also ghost runners are back.
*#%&$#)#%&#@&
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Chas has struck out twice. Castro threw out Alonso trying to steal 3rd. Odo went 2, Solomon on the mound now.
Farmer1906
AG
Odo was too efficient. Didn't get enough work in.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Solomon is making up for it. Got the bases loaded with 1 out last inning, but got out of it with a double play.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
There's something that just feels right about watching baseball in the evening. It's been a long offseason.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All the arb players combined (6 of them) come out to $14.175M. Not bad all things considered.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Rosscup getting his first action.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Goodrum makes an error on a ground ball to SS, a run scores.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

Oh please. It's not to promote more 2 way players. It's the baseball equivalent of a Bill of Attainder. It's made for Ohtani and him alone.

So you're saying Greinke can hit for himself and continue to hit after he is pulled
bjraggie10
AG
Just bought my ticket for Friday's game! So glad the Astros train in W Palm Beach - I can make the drive up from Miami after work to catch a 6:05p first pitch.
Taxman90
AG
Peña is intriguing. I think he may have some low contact issues early on in MLB even though his minor league K rate was acceptable. I don't see why his new found power won't continue as he seems to create pretty hard contact. Combined with some steals he should get some ROY votes while watching Witt win it.

I'll say .240/.325/.395 with 12 HR and 12 steals in 500 PA.
. . .
Panama Red
AG
I had completely forgot about Montero.
MaxPower
. . . said:

*fart*
Deluxe
AG
I do like adding middle infield depth. Diaz is probly gone after this year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Deluxe said:

From a defensive standpoint, yes. I just wish they would occasionally sign someone who has a track record of offensive success (hell, I'd settle for mediocrity) in the majors. We're on a real run of strikeout kings with Goodrum, this guys, and Brinson so far this year.
Ag_07
AG
I know right...Click needs to just sign an entire team of All Stars and MVP candidates.

TF is he doing?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Did you miss the part about accepting someone mediocre?
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe said:

From a defensive standpoint, yes. I just wish they would occasionally sign someone who has a track record of offensive success (hell, I'd settle for mediocrity) in the majors. We're on a real run of strikeout kings with Goodrum, this guys, and Brinson so far this year.
We got a few other strikeout kings signed this offseason too.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe said:

We got a few other strikeout kings signed this offseason too.

Along those lines, I fully expect Manfred to try to introduce a rule in the next few years that rewards runs for a given number of strikeouts by a team's pitcher. For example, every 5 strikeouts by your pitching staff earns you a run. Yes, it's blasphemous to baseball, which is exactly why he'd do it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Yankees dying to lock up all those strikeouts for years to come
agproducer
AG
Not to belabor this, but anyone watch to Correa newser this morning? He looks so forced, imo.

Boras said the Twins have a new explosives weapon: C4.

Lame.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
If his back can't withstand the early and late season cold, that C4 is gonna blow up in their face
Chrundle the Great
AG
agproducer said:

Not to belabor this, but anyone watch to Correa newser this morning? He looks so forced, imo.

Boras said the Twins have a new explosives weapon: C4.

Lame.

Baseball is about to get a lot less fun for Carlos. At least Boras *he* got paid.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe said:

I don't think we're signing those guys because our front office thinks they can come in and rake. We're signing them because we see something we like, something we can fix, etc. They're projects.

We don't need them to be studs. We just need serviceable depth.

Utility guys with a track record of offensive success are expensive. Diaz has been a nice luxury for us (when healthy haha), but don't have the resources to give him the multi-year deal he's going to demand on the market next winter. We gotta take some chances. The more projects like Goodrum/Barreto we undertake, the more likely it is that one turns into a solid cheap utility player for us.

If they turn out to be total busts, we can re-address next offseason.
KTAG05
AG
Guess this means Tucker will be in the 7 hole.....

Farmer1906
AG
If Pena bats before Tucker we riot.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

If Pena bats before Tucker we riot.
If Pena proves himself to be good enough to bat before Tucker, we're going to win the next three World Series.
Ag_07
AG
How has no one bltchd and complained that we're off to an 0-4 start this Spring?

You fellas are slacking
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
BCSGrubber said:

TV? Time?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

BCSGrubber said:

TV? Time?
No TV, radio only. First pitch is 1:05PM eastern
bearkatag15
AG

"Ghosted"
First Page Last Page
Page 166 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.