***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,733 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I think dusty changed his mind and said Wednesday
Looks like you're right.

No Pena-deGrom rematch.

JV goes Wednesday.
Urquidy goes Thursday
Deluxe
AG
Sounds like DeGrom made a request behind closed doors to not have to face Pena again and the Astros obliged.
BeaumontAg05
AG
Deluxe said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

If that happens and the Yankees had something similar to us then I want the same energy from the media and fans. I want them fined and lose draft picks. Manfred would need to be removed immediately for the cover-up.
I'll step out on a limb and say it was different but the same level, nothing will happen and Rob keeps his job. In addition fans everywhere including Yankees fans will yell at Altuve again all season calling him a cheater.
Yea, I'm not getting my hopes up. Regardless of what it says, there will be a huge PR push from LA/NY media/fans to assert that it's not as bad as what the Astros did. They need the Astros as a scapegoat for the shortcomings of their organizations.

The yankees have had over a year to prepare for this moment and lessen it's blow. The powerful NY media will flush it as much as possible and point the finger at the astros. This was always about everyone was doing it and blaming the astros was the easiest path
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Quote:

A source told ESPN it will be at least two weeks before the letter is made public.
Farmer1906
AG
They're going to try and appeal again.
SECcess12
EastCoastAgNc said:

Quote:

A source told ESPN it will be at least two weeks before the letter is made public.

Quote:

"Levine also said that the letter would harm the Yankees' reputation."
boo....effin...hoo. But everybody in MLB was completely content with letting 'orange team bad' get all the reprimanding and public outcry. Hell, look at any social media post from the Astros. Not as bad as it was, but its constantly ridiculed even with so very few players left from 2017.

Hope Yankees get the same treatment. And hope Astros players return some words to fellow baseball players that made plenty of statements after it all went down in 2019. Specifically Aaron Judge.

07ag
AG
https://pressroom.warnermedia.com/us/media-release/new-mlb-tbs-tuesday-night-season-long-live-franchise-debut-nl-west-clash-san-diego
https://ts.la/eric59704
BadAggie
AG
For old time's sake

BadAggie
AG
You mean other clubs stole signs? How dare they not play like gentlemen?!
Big Al 1992
AG
Haven't seen a Correa in Minnesota press conference yet - I want to see him pretend to be excited.
Wabs
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Haven't seen a Correa in Minnesota press conference yet - I want to see him pretend to be excited.
I get to play in Minnesota on a team with no pitching!

wangus12
AG
SECcess12 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Quote:

Quote:

"Levine also said that the letter would harm the Yankees' reputation."
boo....effin...hoo. But everybody in MLB was completely content with letting 'orange team bad' get all the reprimanding and public outcry. Hell, look at any social media post from the Astros. Not as bad as it was, but its constantly ridiculed even with so very few players left from 2017.

Hope Yankees get the same treatment. And hope Astros players return some words to fellow baseball players that made plenty of statements after it all went down in 2019. Specifically Aaron Judge.

On the radio in Dallas this morning they were only upset with Manfred. They said the sign stealing wasn't as bad as the Astros so not as big a deal. Only problem was Manfred. I have zero faith that the Yankees will suffer at all from this.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I mean the real disappointment is going to come from how much could a single letter really contain...? Its not like the letter is going to lay out a full investigation of what they did, when and how. And they sure as heck arent going back to investigate it and even if they did no one would talk.

My hope is Crane sews MLB for avoiding the Yankees and targeting the Astros
Teddy Perkins
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

It's also strange we haven't seen the typical "thank you Houston" social media post.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agproducer
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I mean the real disappointment is going to come from how much could a single letter really contain...? Its not like the letter is going to lay out a full investigation of what they did, when and how. And they sure as heck arent going back to investigate it and even if they did no one would talk.

My hope is Crane sews MLB for avoiding the Yankees and targeting the Astros

Sue Manfred, since it was his decision. Get his butt out.
Farmer1906
AG
The more I think about it the more I think the letter is going to be a nothing burger. It'll probably make Manfred look like the piece of lying crap that he is, but I doubt it'll give any major details on what NY was doing.
agproducer
AG
So, he DID sign with the Twins.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The more I think about it the more I think the letter is going to be a nothing burger. It'll probably make Manfred look like the piece of lying crap that he is, but I doubt it'll give any major details on what NY was doing.
Also keep in mind that the court will allow them to redact names for privacy reasons. I fully expect them to abuse that redaction power and try to eliminate relevant information too.
Farmer1906
AG

Oof

I am going to go back and look at #s from 2017-2019 and then 2020-2021. Let's see who had the biggest sudden drops for "no real season".
MAROON
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Also keep in mind that the court will allow them to redact names for privacy reasons. I fully expect them to abuse that redaction power and try to eliminate relevant information too.
redaction also places the shadow of suspicion on all the Yankees, not just the guilty. Tarnishes everyone....which I'm ok with.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Mr.Bond
AG
Blows my mind that Diaz is still arbitration eligible. Feels like he's been playing forever
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

The Porkchop Express
AG
So with CC gone, we're down to LMJ, Altuve, Bregman, and Yuli as the only guys left who were on the opening day roster in 2017?

Others have said so, but with Correa gone, the most important player on this team right now is Bregman. If he can't regain his offensive form of 18/19, this offense is not going to be great.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Sigh, it's real.

Are the Twins aware they are combining the best defensive shortstop since Omar Vizquel in Correa with the worst defensive catcher on Planet Earth in Gary Sanchez? Think how many steps Correa will save a season not having to cover second on stolen bases since Sanchez can't throw accurately beyond 23 feet.
linkdude
AG
Farmer1906
AG
That's a pretty cool graphic.
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

agproducer
AG
Official for one year
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agproducer said:

Official for one year
Only 4 months till the trade deadline...so probably less than a year
htxag09
AG
So do we have an official over/under pool on how many frozen rope relays from Correa that Sanchez drops this year?
agproducer
AG
In any case, it just looks wrong.
KTAG05
AG
His tattoo has gotten worse
First Page Last Page
Page 164 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.