World Series Time. Where are the Yankees, Dodgers, etc

2,471 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
Joe Schillaci 48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bud Selig, screw you and MLB
strider98
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

Bud Selig is retired, no longer the commissioner and hasn't been for awhile.

That being said:

Nino Brown
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

Well, you can't say they didn't try with only the Astros and Red Sox being mentioned in cheating, well barely the Red Sox.

No opened k lol letter, no mention of Beltran in NY and what he did there.

Yet everyone thinks it's a coincidence that none of the cheating by any teams was brought out until after beating NY in 17 and 19.

Yet somehow everyone believes it was Fiers decision to wait 2 years to discuss out of nowhere. Somebody with MLB got passed Astros ruined a NY-LA ratings and Fiers got paid.
jkag89
I hate to say it, I sorta miss Selig. By far he was a better commish than Manfred.. Heck the effin' Dodgers didn't win a Pennant during his tenure.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
jkag89 said:

I hate to say it, I sorta miss Selig. By far he was a better commish than Manfred.. Heck the effin' Dodgers didn't win a Pennant during his tenure.
Selig would not allow the sale of the Astros unless the new owner allowed to send the team to the American League (paving the way for Milwaukee (formally the Seattle Pilots) to join the National League.

Brewers belonged to his family (daughter was the alleged owner)

Astros were forced to play a payoff game in Chicago (another Selig move}

Screw Bud Selig.

As for Manfred, Peewee Herman would be a better commissioner.

btw Screw Bud Selig.....and the Dodgers and Yankees too.

BMX Bandit
Quote:

Selig would not allow the sale of the Astros unless the new owner allowed to send the team to the American League (paving the way for Milwaukee (formally the Seattle Pilots) to join the National League.

Thank you Bud! Worked out great!

Quote:

Yeah. That didn't happen
Buck Compton
AG
Right. Several points on Selig that Joe had wrong.

I've loved the AL (except some of those late starts), but it wasn't so Milwaukee could move leagues. They were already in the NL because Selig had allowed it back in the late 90s for no reason other than to avoid competition. I get that It was to balance out the leagues, but it was pretty much extortion to fix problems he allowed to happen to favor the Brewers. Problems he could have fixed earlier during expansion. I wasn't happy about this but it's funny how quickly I came around here. Love the DH and love the AL.

It was a regular season series in 2008 against Chicago that we played in Milwaukee instead of Arlington or Atlanta or somewhere else more neutral as we avoided Hurricane Ike. We were only a few games back of Milwaukee and it was blatant favoritism for his family's team (that he used to own), one to get some revenue, and two to make the Astros fly halfway across the country to an essential home game for Cubs.

The points Joe missed:
- Making us keep the roof open in 2005 after the Cardinals pissed their pants and complained. **** him. This was one of my biggest gripes.
- Then there's all of the general issues we had with him that aren't specific to Astros - from his handling of steroids to the fact that he's a scumbag about taxpayers and how much he pushed owners and helped them hold cities hostage for new stadiums at taxpayer expense, including the Miami debacle.
AustinCountyAg
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

jkag89 said:

Screw Bud Selig.

a lot of misinformation here

edit: Buck highlighted some of it
JWinTX
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

jkag89 said:

Screw Bud Selig.

You might want to research stuff like this before you post…just an idea
MaroonStain
AG
I have seen the Dodgers win three World Series. I am happy that the Astros are in it again to win another. Good for Astros fans and good for baseball.
Memphis 7
They should really have a 3rd place Series this year so the whiners would have something to watch.
screw-tu
I wasn't very happy with the move at the time. The Astros really had some great rivalries with the Cardinals, Cubs, and Dodgers. Everybody hated LA in the NL West, but I'm guessing Astros/Dodgers only behind Giants/Dodgers in late 70's early 80's. Good times ))
Aggies2009
AG
MaroonStain said:

I have seen the Dodgers win three World Series.

Right? That's an interesting thing to pick on since the Yankees and Dodgers have each won about 3-5 championships in most of our lifetimes. It's fun how Astros fans always have issue with those teams and teams like the Red Sox (another team that's won several in our lifetimes). You'd think their team being in the World Series would be what they focus on, but they always seem to talk about Yankees, Dodgers, and Red Sox, all who have so much more success than them.
Wabs
AG
Aggies2009 said:

MaroonStain said:

Right? That's an interesting thing to pick on since the Yankees and Dodgers have each won about 3-5 championships in most of our lifetimes. It's fun how Astros fans always have issue with those teams and teams like the Red Sox (another team that's won several in our lifetimes). You'd think their team being in the World Series would be what they focus on, but they always seem to talk about Yankees, Dodgers, and Red Sox, all who have so much more success than them.
Aggies2009
AG
Wabs said:

Aggies2009 said:

MaroonStain said:

Oh I'm sorry. The next time someone makes a thread calling out teams with more success for their lack of a WS appearance, I'll let the circle jerking commence. My bad.
MaroonStain
AG
They will always have Clutch City and their Rockets championships from 20 years ago.
aggiederelict
I find it funny when east coasters talk about baseball considering they produce so little baseball talent. If I wanted their input about sports I would ask about lacrosse and hockey. You know sports in which they actually produce measurable talent.
03_Aggie
MaroonStain said:

They will always have Clutch City and their Rockets championships from 20 years ago.

As opposed to 1988 for the Dodgers?
Aggies2009
AG
03_Aggie said:

MaroonStain said:

And 2020. And multiple Lakers championships.

Houston sports trash talking just about any other city is hilarious.
Txhuntr
AG
Aggies2009 said:

03_Aggie said:

MaroonStain said:

Not an astros fan here. Everyone knows last year didn't count. 60 game regular season? Expanded playoffs? The Marlins made the playoffs for crying out loud! Not to mention neutral site World Series.
Oyster DuPree
AG
MaroonStain said:

Keef_barber
Aggies2009 said:

03_Aggie said:

MaroonStain said:

Let me guess your favorite teams are from a city you actually didn't grow up in but have liked your whole life. pathetic.
Thirdandadeuce
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

lol what?
Aggies2009
AG
onceaggie3.0 said:

Aggies2009 said:

03_Aggie said:

MaroonStain said:

Let me guess your favorite teams are from a city you actually didn't grow up in but have liked your whole life. pathetic.

Who said any of those teams are my favorites? Pointing out that you Houston fans have a hilarious inferiority complex when it comes to big franchises doesn't really make me a fan of those big franchises. It's okay. You can get help for your Napoleon Complex, though it's kinda pathetic that you need it over some other cities having better sports teams.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.