***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,845,485 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
AggieLit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

Ag_07 said:

So what's the story with Breggy Bomb salsa?

Is this his thing or is it just a salsa company that hired him to put his name on it and market it?

Either way I'm thinking it's genius and it's gonna fly off shelves here.

Seems like he is the name of the product that another company developed

Love the Ty Cobb look.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Beat40 said:

Phrasing said:

Dusty just said on 790 that Brantley is playing today.
Y'all better be ready for Straw to start over Chas. I'm just preparing y'all mentally for the letdown.
Matt asked Dusty if Chas was gonna get more playing time, Dusty's response was basically "where's he gonna play?", which should tell you everything you need to know.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Beat40 said:

Phrasing said:

Y'all better be ready for Straw to start over Chas. I'm just preparing y'all mentally for the letdown.
Matt asked Dusty if Chas was gonna get more playing time, Dusty's response was basically "where's he gonna play?", which should tell you everything you need to know.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
Here is where CC stands on Outs Above Average.

This ain't a knock on CC, but he's not a better defensive SS than Simmons. If you look closer into Carlos's #s, most of his plays that bring his success level up are in the hole / towards 3rd. Meaning it's his cannon arm that gives him an edge.
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Beat40 said:

Phrasing said:

Well this actually gives me hope given his track record of saying one thing in the presser and something completely different ends up happening.

Dude is clueless.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Beat40 said:

Phrasing said:

AgDoc03
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Just got the Breggy Bomb Salsa. Gotta say I'm impressed. Has a light flavor on the front end then it kicks pretty hard on the back end. Highly recommend

We don't need to know how much it tears your ass up
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
astros4545
AG
YNWA_AG said:

WWR wants $5 back

What thread am i on again
Farmer1906
AG
Good breakdown of Chas > Straw

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2021/6/7/22460036/its-time-for-the-astros-to-end-the-myles-straw-experiment-and-give-chas-mccormick-an-extended-look

Solid Article again by Dan Martin. He may be my favorite guy who puts out stuff on the Astros. We think a lot alike. He's able to put it on paper better than I can most of the time.
tjack16
AG
tjack16 said:

k20dub said:

Brantley getting activated today?

Dusty said maybe this series. So knowing him it means about a week from now

Well dusty has proven me wrong .... first time for everything
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2021/6/7/22460036/its-time-for-the-astros-to-end-the-myles-straw-experiment-and-give-chas-mccormick-an-extended-look

Solid Article again by Dan Martin. He may be my favorite guy who puts out stuff on the Astros. We think a lot alike. He's able to put it on paper better than I can most of the time.
Wow that is very well put together and makes an iron-clad case for Chas over Straw. If only Dusty understood what all those number and metrics mean...
YNWA_AG
AG
astros4545 said:

YNWA_AG said:

WWR wants $5 back

What thread am i on again

Oops must have fat fingered hard today
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Wow that is very well put together and makes an iron-clad case for Chas over Straw. If only Dusty understood what all those number and metrics mean...
The Miles Straw Experiment sounds like a good rival band for the Alan Parsons Project.

tjack16
AG
I'm curious to get a survey of the people on this thread.
Who are your two favorite current Astros?

Mine are Correa and Bregman
AgDoc03
AG
tjack16 said:

Altuve and Alvarez
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RED AG 98
AG
AgDoc03 said:

tjack16 said:

Altuve and Alvarez
Chrundle the Great
AG
From the article:
CrawfishBox said:

I'm inclined to believe Straw is a legitimately good defender in center field given his elite speed, but here's the thing: It doesn't matter anymore. It would in a world where Straw is the only Astros player capable of playing center field, but we do not live in a Chas McCormick-less world.

Sums up how I feel pretty well. #s back him up as a slightly above avg fielder, why start him over the equally fast avg cf with actual pop?
Teddy Perkins
AG
tjack16 said:

Bregman and Alvarez.
Deluxe
AG
tjack16 said:

Luis Garcia
bluefire579
AG
Altuve and Yuli

Correa replaces one of them come playoff time
Chrundle the Great
AG
tjack16 said:

Altuve, Correa
tjack16
AG
Any guesses on Farmer's favorite Astro?
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

Bregman and Alvarez

Then its probably:
Altuve
Correa
Yuli
Brantley
Tucker

bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG

More on that book that came out... This video of Atluve staring down the dugout when he got a bang is pretty telling that he wanted no part of it.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

It was Springer & McCullers.

But George is...

Who do you think my new favorite position player should be? I haven't made any decisions yet. I could hear arguments.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Damnit Dusty. Why did you think it was a good idea to put 3 lefties within 4 spots in the order? 100% any time we see a reliever during that part of the line-up Cora is putting in a lefty.
n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

How have I not heard of this story?

Quote:

And then in January, a former clubhouse manager for the Los Angeles Angels named Brian Harkins, who was suing his old team over being fired after MLB had informed the Angels he'd been providing pitchers with a sticky mix of rosin and pine tar, revealed a 2019 text from Cole that indicated the star pitcher was essentially asking for a shipment of the stuff.

There was a whole article about it. Named a bunch of guys. Cole, Verlander, Scherzer, Kluber, etc.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/01/08/gerrit-cole-justin-verlander-lawsuit-angels-bubba-harkins/6595159002/
I have wondered if this is one reason that JV may not come back.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Damnit Dusty. Why did you think it was a good idea to put 3 lefties within 4 spots in the order? 100% any time we see a reliever during that part of the line-up Cora is putting in a lefty.
Don't all three of those guys hit lefties fairly well?

I also kind of like that Yuli might gets to sneak in against a lefty with Brantley and Tucker behind him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
n_touch said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

How have I not heard of this story?

Quote:

And then in January, a former clubhouse manager for the Los Angeles Angels named Brian Harkins, who was suing his old team over being fired after MLB had informed the Angels he'd been providing pitchers with a sticky mix of rosin and pine tar, revealed a 2019 text from Cole that indicated the star pitcher was essentially asking for a shipment of the stuff.

There was a whole article about it. Named a bunch of guys. Cole, Verlander, Scherzer, Kluber, etc.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/01/08/gerrit-cole-justin-verlander-lawsuit-angels-bubba-harkins/6595159002/
I have wondered if this is one reason that JV may not come back.
I don't think that'll play into his decision. This was bigger than just the Astros. There were players with no link to the Astros who were implicated in this.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

It was Springer & McCullers.

But George is...

Who do you think my new favorite position player should be? I haven't made any decisions yet. I could hear arguments.

There's a right fielder we have that I think you might enjoy watching. Nice lefty swing and hits for power.
tjack16
AG
I've never seen Brantley hit that low as an Astro. With him coming back from a pro-longed "his legs were sore from turf" stint then it's not a bad idea for him to hit 6th
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

I've never seen Brantley hit that low as an Astro. With him coming back from a pro-longed "his legs were sore from turf" stint then it's not a bad idea for him to hit 6th
Dusty said in his interview earlier that he was batting him there to see how he played. If he did well, he'd be moved back up going forward.
n_touch
Not meaning just the Astros, just in general. He has nothing to prove. If they are cracking down and he was using stuff then why come back? On the other hand, he comes back and is not as good he can always blame in on the TJ surgery.
First Page Last Page
Page 510 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.