***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,836,762 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat40 said:

A 5-1 road trip against your two biggest division opponents is a pretty salt way to start the season!
the 'stros are poised to have a really big month of April. The first week was the hardest one.

now the A's again, Tigers, Mariners, and Rockies the next 2 weeks
ChAg1799
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Couldn't have had him... right?
Mathguy64
AG
Tyler is on 1yr/$1.5MM this year. We could have done that. It's really early and it's a very small sample size so the jury is out to see if Click made a mistake.
bearkatag15
AG

This is pretty comical. Almost a full minute of bad ball/strike calls in just 1 game.
Marvin
AG
Missed the in-game discussions lately. Way to hold the fort down, boys. What an awesome start to the season!

Looking at making the trip to Seattle in two weeks to knock out that stadium. Anyone know if things are open up there?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm waiting for the stat breakdown of Angel. It should be spectacular and resent to Joe Torre's office.
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

Tucker quietly with 3 HR's in opening week

He's also the team leader and RBIs.

If he keeps finding the barrel and putting it in the air likes he's doing, he's the dark horse to lead the team in HRs which says a ton with who else is in the line up.
Bulldog73
AG
Once Grienke realized he had the ol Maddox treatment of a yard off the plate outside, he really settled in.
tjack16
AG

agdaddy04
AG
Watching the Blue Jays vs rangers game right now - had no idea that Karbach is who sponsored their party deck area. I know they're owned by ABinBev now but that's just funny.
Mathguy64
AG
As are down 4-1 B3. They are having a bad week. I love it.
12law
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Tyler is on 1yr/$1.5MM this year. We could have done that. It's really early and it's a very small sample size so the jury is out to see if Click made a mistake.

Why didn't we sign him?
Farmer1906
AG
12law said:

Mathguy64 said:

Why didn't we sign him?

EastCoastAgNc
AG
12law said:

Mathguy64 said:

Why didn't we sign him?
They could bring in Souza at low risk and not take a luxury tax hit if it didn't work out. Also, he had no former association with the Rays. Seems like all of our signings this offseason other than Baez had some connection to Tampa Bay.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think Brantley or McCullers have any connection to Tampa.
tylhair
AG
Lance was born in Tampa. Does that count?
bearkatag15
AG

Speaking of the Rays... JD Martinez just walked off the Rays on a ball Arozarena took a bad angle on and let it get behind him

lol
Buck Compton
AG
I guess all that chicken, rice, and "push-ups" didn't help with baseball instincts or depth perception.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Not good for the Mariners
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Buck Compton said:

I guess all that chicken, rice, and "push-ups" didn't help with baseball instincts or depth perception.
what they failed to mention was the push-ups were done under the supervision of a doctor from a Miami aging clinic and the rice was also prepared by their "chef"
tylhair
AG
There was an identical JD Martinez double earlier in the game. Same awkward misplay from Randy.
Mathguy64
AG
A's lost 5-1.
agdaddy04
AG
So who did Bally Sports buy? I noticed that's what the Rangers are on now as well?
W
AG
the A's have given up 50 runs in 6 games...and their pitching staff doesn't have a day off until Sunday
bearkatag15
AG
For some reason I'm up watching an extra innings game between Arizona and Colorado. Currently top of the 13th 7-7.

so much for the runner on 2nd rule making the game shorter
979ag
AG
All of Fox Sports. Read that Disney was forced to sell all of the Regional Fox Sports rights as part of the acquisition of 21st Century Fox
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Mathguy64
AG
So basically Angel missed one pitch in 6. Brutal.

That's little league dad level umpiring. And I say that having been a LL dad umpire for 3 seasons.
Jaydoug
AG
I don't want to go down the robo-call route but I wouldn't mind the waterboarding of an ump with less than a 96% call rate.
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

So basically Angel missed one pitch in 6. Brutal.

That's little league dad level umpiring. And I say that having been a LL dad umpire for 3 seasons.
It's especially awful when you consider how many pitches are clearly a ball that aren't even contested or right down the pipe (sometimes a taken first pitch). When you throw out all the easy calls I bet his percentage on the rest of the calls is 50-60% accurate...you would have to try hard to be that bad.
CFTXAG10
AG
Jaydoug said:

I don't want to go down the robo-call route but I wouldn't mind the waterboarding of an ump with less than a 96% call rate.
I know MLB is doing everything they can to speed up the game, but it would be nice to at least be able to challenge a called third strike once or twice a game with the assistance of technology.
Jaydoug
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Jaydoug said:

I know MLB is doing everything they can to speed up the game, but it would be nice to at least be able to challenge a called third strike once or twice a game with the assistance of technology.
I blame unions
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Jaydoug said:

Not a chance with as slow as reviews are.

Automate balls and strike calls. We still need umpires for safe/out at the plate, interference, hit by pitch, foul balls, etc.

It'll make the games go faster and shut up any pitching.
Deluxe
AG
Tennis can review in/out calls in less than 5 seconds. MLB could implement something similar if it had the desire.

Batter/pitcher says challenge. Umpire gives a signal the video crew. Pitch location/strike zone pops up on the big screen. Call stands or is reversed. Move along.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.