***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,829,279 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

I've thought about going this route but just hate having to actually call someone every year to haggle over the price.

Well $720 savings for a 15-20 minute call is an easy one for me and all you have to say is "cut the cord" and they immediately start giving discounts....
MaxPower
Dick Justice didn't shed much light on the Correa situation. Predicted 50/50 he signs today. Said Correa prolly wants $30m a year.
Ag_07
AG
I want Correa bad but not $30mm per year bad.

Jesus that's insane
astros4545
AG
Random but potentially interesting news

Yesterday I was on my gambling website Betonline, and I happened to go to the Live betting section for NBA

Betonline had the ability to watch the NBA game in the browser live and bet from the same screen

Not sure how they got that deal and ability to stream games, and not sure if it will be applicable with baseball, but going to check tonight

CFTXAG10
AG
Lets say the Astros are at 25/6 and Correa is at 30/6. Would you be okay with 27.5/6 = 6/165mm?
bearkatag15
AG

This is actually pretty crazy to me. Hopefully Yordan is our DH for the next 6+ years
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe if we want to get a deal done this year, Yuli & Diaz might need to hit the trade block. Those two would free up 10 M in luxury cap space. Carlos is making 11.7 this year. We could give Carlos 10/238 and stay under the cap, I think. I've had a couple bourbons so my math may be off.

10/238 would represent the largest contract the Astros have ever given out. It would make his AAV > Bregman and his total money way more than Altuve. That matters in the clubhouse. It's not Lindor money, but I've already discussed that money is ludicrous.

Say the extension doesn't happen, who's got the money to sign Correa? Eliminate the small market teams. Eliminate Boston(Bo), New York Mets(Lindor), Los Angels Dodgers (assume they spend on Seager), Washington (Turner) & Philly(Didi). New York would need to trade Torres to make a spot (DJ at 2nd) but that's possible. The Cubs would make some sense, but they could keep Baez cheaper. St Louis is probably too strapped for cash with Arenado & Goldschimdt. Atlanta has to pay Acuna. Who am I missing? Edit: Maybe San Fran. Are they ready to contend again?
As we learned with McCullers deal his new contract does not have to impact this year....so there is no need to get rid of anyone this year to sign him since we have a large decrease in money spent in 2022 with Greinke and Verlander's deals off the books
Ag_07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Lets say the Astros are at 25/6 and Correa is at 30/6. Would you be okay with 27.5/6 = 6/165mm?

Yes. But something tells me he'll want more than that.

I'd even be alright at 28/8 = 224 but not my money so...

bearkatag15
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
Is anyone gonna be upset that we are paying a dinged up Correa $30MM in 2028 if we have a couple more banners hung on the outfield wall? Pay the man!
Big Al 1992
AG
There's no way that post came from ZG - I didn't think he cared or knew when opening day was. Let alone would care enough to put a hashtag on there!
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I mean it's not my money so I don't give a ****. Pay him whatever he wants.
bearkatag15
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

There's no way that post came from ZG - I didn't think he cared or knew when opening day was. Let alone would care enough to put a hashtag on there!
Probably his wife lol
bearkatag15
AG

This edit on twitter is legit
Harry Dunne
Let's talk about the game.

Bassitt has been sharp sharp this spring (0.87 WHIP) and threw a couple of very good games against us last year, but despite that our starting lineup has hit him well. .850ish OPS if I'm doing the math right...and that's not counting ALDS 1 when Carlos took him deep twice.

Houston Astros Career Statistics Vs. Chris Bassitt

I don't bet on baseball, but if you can find a Carlos Correa to hit a HR prop and then look at the camera and pantomime singing a contract, bet I'd jump on that.

bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Let's talk about the game.

Bassitt has been sharp sharp this spring (0.87 WHIP) and threw a couple of very good games against us last year, but despite that our starting lineup has hit him well. .850ish OPS if I'm doing the math right...and that's not counting ALDS 1 when Carlos took him deep twice.

Houston Astros Career Statistics Vs. Chris Bassitt

I don't bet on baseball, but if you can find a Carlos Correa to hit a HR prop and then look at the camera and pantomime singing a contract, bet I'd jump on that.

He's one of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde pitchers when it comes to home vs away stats. When we have faced him in Oakland, he's been almost unhittable. I'm pretty sure most of the success as come when we've faced him in Houston or neutral sites last post season.

dshedd41
S
Apollo media is awesome
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG

I think we proved plenty kicking their ass in the ALDS lol
Mathguy64
AG
Maybe I missed it yesterday but this morning I heard them say that Lindors contract doesn't start until 2022. So he will be a year older at the end. That's even worse. Woof.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Legit questions, and no judgement, do yall use these phone backgrounds? If you do thats cool I just tend to stick with pictures of the family

But they are really cool designs
zgood10
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Idiotic take is idiotic
Ag_07
AG
Watching all these hype videos and it's incredible how many epic moments we've seen in just the past 4 years.
n_touch
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Legit questions, and no judgement, do yall use these phone backgrounds? If you do thats cool I just tend to stick with pictures of the family

Is this kind of like saying, "Hey man, no offense but...."
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Lol. We won the division in a super shortened season where 8/10 head to head matchups were in Oakland, then we got destroyed in the ALDS.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
n_touch said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Is this kind of like saying, "Hey man, no offense but...."
No, if I was still 20 or something I would have had it too. If I could change my desktop at work I would probably use one for my computer but work doesnt let us adjust that.

My phone I just choose not to look at an athlete every time I open my phone, legit no judgement....just wondering
WES2006AG
AG
bearkatag15 said:

That can't be a real quote...right. They were beaten badly when it mattered.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Nats Mets postponed. Nats had somebody come back COVID positive, sounds like it might be more widespread.
cap-n-jack
Wonder what the capacity of the coliseum will be. Surely they will let that knuckle dragger with the drum in. And be ready for trash cans.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Nats Mets postponed. Nats had somebody come back COVID positive, sounds like it might be more widespread.
Damn that was probably the best pitching matchup of the day across the entire league.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I thought they were doing that BS this year? I thought I heard if a player has to be out then a taxi squad guy takes over and we move on...I guess wishful thinking
bearkatag15
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I thought they were doing that BS this year? I thought I heard if a player has to be out then a taxi squad guy takes over and we move on...I guess wishful thinking
If the contact tracing impacts too many players they have to postpone the game. I read there were 4 initially that were on the same flight or something as the one that tested positive. I assume 1 of those 4 also tested positive which lead to more exposures likely.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
Astros day at school today. Wearing my Correa jersey today in hopes the deal gets done
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
tjack16 said:

Astros day at school today. Wearing my Correa jersey today in hopes the deal gets done

What grade are you in wearing those blue jeans?
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.