***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,999 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
6-4-3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Start Booing. Loud and clear.
CFTXAG10
AG

bearkatag15
AG

Today is really the 4 year anniversary of that epic Twins game...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
tjack16
AG
There were 2 moments early in that 2017 season where I realized that team might be different and have a shot.

1. The Marwin grand slam against the rangers
2. That twins comeback
k20dub
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
k20dub said:

No way he should play another inning of baseball again, nor should he see the outside of a prison for quite some time. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but when you do it in front of the cops, pretty hard to make any other argument.

Of course, I say all this knowing Chapman and German pitch regularly for the Yankees despite their previous transgressions.
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

End of June we have 10 straight against the Orioles and Tigers.

If we are at full health by that time, I'm looking at that stretch as the turning point in our season.

Yeah after the 2nd Red Sox series we have coming up there are a lot more favorable matchups that this team must take advantage of. Hopefully we get everyone back by then and can go on a mega run

TRM
AG
mwm said:

You gotta keep Maldy on the bench to catch if necessary.

Which raises the question...who is the emergency catcher?
Isn't Diaz the emergency catcher?
Faustus
EastCoastAgNc said:

Sounds about right

That's wild.
mwm
He'd do one squat & pull a hammy.
bearkatag15
AG

Not only the worst loss of the season, but arguably the worst loss in the last 40 years
agproducer
AG
Even though the Astros are playing like trash and dealing with injuries, the bright side is we are only 2.5 games back of the A's. That can be made up. We just can't get too far behind.

Side note: How have the A's played 3 more games than us? It's the Astros schedule front loaded with off days and the A's back loaded?
tjack16
AG
agproducer said:

Even though the Astros are playing like trash and dealing with injuries, the bright side is we are only 2.5 games back of the A's. That can be made up. We just can't get too far behind.

Side note: How have the A's played 3 more games than us? It's the Astros schedule front loaded with off days and the A's back loaded?
we have had a lot of days off recently. It seems like this Padres/Red Sox series is the first one without a day off in about 2 weeks. It'll even itself out soon though since this Red Sox series is Monday - Thursday
tjack16
AG
Yuli is quietly in a mini slump as well. Has not had a multi hit game in over 2 weeks and hasn't hit a homerun since the A's series finale also 2 weeks ago
Farmer1906
AG

That was quick. We're such a mess.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Yuli is quietly in a mini slump as well. Has not had a multi hit game in over 2 weeks and hasn't hit a homerun since the A's series finale also 2 weeks ago

He's regressing to the mean. His expected numbers didn't support him continue his crazy pace.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

tjack16
AG
So the play that they shouldn't have called for a steal because he's not fast and it was a dumb send? That one got him hurt .... wow. I even posted at the time that it was a stupid send.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I did a comparison between the A's and the Astros to compare records (I think I have counted right):

A's:
- played 7 teams with losing records and have an even or winning record against 5 of them
- played 5 teams with a winning record and have an even or winning record against 3 of them

Astros:
- played 5 teams with a losing record and have an even or winning record against 3 of them
- played 6 teams with a winning record and have an even or winning record against 4 of them

Astros and A's have 6 common opponents so far (not counting each other). So far, the A's have a better winning average against the Angels and the Tigers, while the Astros have a better winning average against the Mariners, Rays, Blue Jays, and Dodgers.

The Astros need to do a better job of beating the bad teams. If we had swept the Tigers, we would be leading the division right now by a half game. If we had beaten the Angels in 1 or 2 more games, we would be up by 1.5 or 2.5.
bearkatag15
AG

I bet we see Solomon back up in a few days. Gotta keep throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks
tjack16
AG
So this week in dumb injuries that should have been avoided

- Yuli on a stolen base
- Abreu hurt during BP
bearkatag15
AG

bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

- Yuli on a stolen base
- Abreu hurt during BP

Didn't Yordan hurt his wrist slamming his bat down or am I imagining that?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ags #1
AG
Jones, gidp machine
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

- Yuli on a stolen base
- Abreu hurt during BP

Didn't Yordan hurt his wrist slamming his bat down or am I imagining that?

Highly possible
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
Forgive my ignorance but if he's DHing only, why is he not able to play today if he's able to take BP? Just tell him not to slide
agdaddy04
AG
tjack16 said:

Forgive my ignorance but if he's DHing only, why is he not able to play today if he's able to take BP? Just tell him not to slide

Are you being facetious? You can't put a player in a game that can't slide.
tjack16
AG
I was halfway joking about the sliding. But if he's a DH only I dont see why he'd be unavailable to pinch hit today if necessary especially if he's able to take BP
agdaddy04
AG
At a max, maybe have him pinch hit in a situation where he can win the game with a hit. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

You're getting Gurriel and Yordan mixed up. Gurriel is the one who got hurt on the slide. Yordan got hurt slamming his bat like an idiot.
W
AG
looking at that lineup...this is where folks shake their heads at Dusty.

Taylor Jones has hit into 3 double plays in 19 at-bats this season.

for his short 2-year career...he has 5 GiDP's in 40 career at-bats.

for today's game...drop him to the #8 hole and put Straw in the #7 hole...so Straw can attempt to steal in front of Jones and keep him from banging into one rally-killing double play after another
First Page Last Page
Page 453 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.