***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,276 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shell out the extra money for club level tickets. It's not as crowded and the the concourse up there is much more conducive to walking around if he gets antsy vs the main concourse where's that's almost impossible.

Also ask the usher and they'll give him a little certificate for his first game. It's nothing special but kinda of a cool keepsake.
The Beef01
AG
k20dub said:

Thinking about taking my 4 year old son to his first game this summer, any tips from other dads here? Other than don't.

Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about whatever you have to bring to keep him there (Leapfrog, iPad, etc.).

My kids love going to baseball games, but I've had infinitely more success over the years with them at Hooks games when we're down in Rockport or A&M games than MMP b/c of the playgrounds/kid-centric stuff built into those ballparks.

MMP has a different draw when things are rockin'...but be prepared for a pitchers' duel and realizing how slow the pace is to a little kid.

I started doing a "find Orbit" thing with my 9 year old when he started going around 3 or so and that works really well with my 4 and 2 year olds now. (Tested it against the Angels back in April)
Mr.Bond
AG
I wear a jersey to ever game. Either gold star Bags, Biggio or Bregs and I don't give a ***** what anyone says
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marvin
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I wear a jersey to ever game. Either gold star Bags, Biggio or Bregs and I don't give a ***** what anyone says

I'm up to 8, I think. Picking up my Cruz 25 rainbow jersey tomorrow night at Union Station. Still looking for the right Colts jersey with the pistol.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
07ag
AG
https://v.redd.it/a9ejjkzpgl171

https://ts.la/eric59704
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

Mr.Bond said:

I'm up to 8, I think. Picking up my Cruz 25 rainbow jersey tomorrow night at Union Station. Still looking for the right Colts jersey with the pistol.

Think I'm at 7

Pinstripe Berkman
White WS 2019 Bregman
Navy Correa
Navy Altuve
Gray Bregman
Orange Yordan
White WS Champs Verlander

I'm good for a while I think. If I get another one I want the rainbow throwback
Farmer1906
AG
I got 3 during the Dick's error online.

Blue McCullers
Orange Springer
White Altuve

I think they all have a WS patch.

I would have never bought them without the crazy deal. Never planned to wear a jersey before, but they've gotten some use.
agproducer
AG
Orange Springer WS
Knockoff Rainbow Altuve
Current look rainbow BP
Red Brick no name
Black with Red star BP
Navy and Gold Pull over BP

I've been eyeing a Bagwell navy and gold and Bidge rainbow shoulders, but haven't pulled the trigger.

In addition, I have 10 Astros hats. Some fitted. Some not.

That's not including t-shirts.

I have more Astros stuff than Aggie gear.

I may have a problem.
tjack16
AG
agproducer said:

Orange Springer WS
Knockoff Rainbow Altuve
Current look rainbow BP
Red Brick no name
Black with Red star BP
Navy and Gold Pull over BP

I've been eyeing a Bagwell navy and gold and Bidge rainbow shoulders, but haven't pulled the trigger.

In addition, I have 10 Astros hats. Some fitted. Some not.

That's not including t-shirts.

I have more Astros stuff than Aggie gear.

I may have a problem.

I've migrated from buying new apparel to getting memorabilia. I love getting new hats though. So like postseason or WS hats are always a must.

But I'm in bobble head and collectible mode now.
spadilly
S
Where's my Thursday afternoon game???

tjack16
AG
Anybody have the presale link?
cc10106
As intense as it got last night at MMP, whoever goes to the series at Dodger Stadium better watch out for drunks. Some of these "fans" obviously have nothing to lose. Hopefully there won't be any of that this weekend against San Diego.
k20dub
AG
Mathguy64
AG
I guess "step on 1B for the force" was too complicated.
PhatMack19
AG
Another angle. Crazy

RED AG 98
AG
Of course it was Baez too! Most Little League play in the MLB I've seen in a long time.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Mathguy64 said:

There were two outs!
RED AG 98
AG
jeebus I did not even realize this
WES2006AG
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

Mathguy64 said:

There were two outs!
That play was a cluster **** even wothout there being 2 outs. Now that I know there were 2 outs that makes it the dumbest play I have ever seen, truly astonishing lack of baseball awareness.
YellAg2004
AG
All with 2 outs. That 1B is an idiot.
gougler08
AG
WES2006AG said:

Chrundle the Great said:

Mathguy64 said:

There were two outs!
That play was a cluster **** even wothout there being 2 outs. Now that I know there were 2 outs that makes it the dumbest play I have ever seen, truly astonishing lack of baseball awareness.
So a force out even after all of the mess of charging the runner down the base line and the runner scoring at home, would have negated the run counting right?

Amazing
Teddy Perkins
AG
tjack16 said:

Anybody have the presale link?
It's FortheH
WES2006AG
AG
gougler08 said:

WES2006AG said:

Chrundle the Great said:

Mathguy64 said:

There were two outs!
So a force out even after all of the mess of charging the runner down the base line and the runner scoring at home, would have negated the run counting right?

Amazing
Yep, but they couldn't even get that right.
BCSWguru
That dude should be in the minors immediately. But, on the Pirates, all good!
shano0603
AG
That first baseman is a complete idiot. Clearly didn't know how many outs there were.

However, shouldn't Baez have been ruled out for going out of the baseline or runners interference?
Beerosch
AG
Where was he ever out of the baseline?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://www.thescore.com/news/2178062

dshedd41
S
Got a new hat today, found this at Lids in Houston.
Gig’em Aggies!
Mathguy64
AG
Fiers and the Atlantic were arsonists and MLB is about to burn itself to the ground. And Manfred helped.
tjack16
AG
Nice
dshedd41
S
Thanks. Apparently lids had them for at least a month at the galleria and I thought it was an awesome hat so I said **** it and bought it. I'll wear it for sure
Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
I have the white version. It's a go to for just going around running errands since it goes with everything
Cromagnum
AG
Step on the bag or just tag the runner like you set out to do. Either one negates the run on out #3.

Texas A&M
Superb Sasquatch said:

LSCSN said:

Lol, 40 year olds wearing player jerseys.
I've never understood the hate people, regardless of age, get for wearing a jersey. Honestly WGAS. So is it okay if they wear a player t shirt? Or is that considered not right for 40 year olds? I just don't get the hate
No hate, I just thought it was like high school letter jackets where people normally quit wearing them after a certain age. But it is hard to find generic Astros tshirts without names on them at Academy.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Gave it the benny hill treatment...makes it so much funnier
First Page Last Page
Page 426 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.