***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,792 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We all know how the debate turned out last year. It will turn out the same way this year too.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Ag_07 said:

But at the end of day pretty expected stats don't win games and the only thing that really matters is on field production.

Yep. All that matters in the end are actual results

These "Actual stats" don't mean **** either.

It's just about how many runs you score and runs you give up.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Ag_07 said:

But at the end of day pretty expected stats don't win games and the only thing that really matters is on field production.

True... but typically getting on base and getting hits = more runs scored.
Ag_07
AG
No one is winning arbitration cases and signing lucrative deals based in expected stats.

The stats that matter are the ones that show actual production.
TarponChaser
Deluxe said:

We all know how the debate turned out last year. It will turn out the same way this year too.

Getting hot for six weeks doesn't make for an end to debate. The preponderance of evidence thus far is not good.
TarponChaser
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Ag_07 said:

True... but typically getting on base and getting hits = more runs scored.

He almost had a point there.
Farmer1906
AG
Expected stats are just quality of contact plus walks and Ks. If y'all are trying to argue that that doesn't translate to more runs then y'all do you. I'll keep doing me.
bearkatag15
AG

What can we get for Straw?
Farmer1906
AG
Where's Harry at?

dshedd41
S
I'll be watching on ATTSW
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Where's Harry at?

maca1028
Gearing up for these boys to make the Yankees their ***** tomorrow night!
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe... try to keep it in your pants

TarponChaser
Ag_07 said:

No one is winning arbitration cases and signing lucrative deals based in expected stats.

The stats that matter are the ones that show actual production.

bearkatag15
AG

So Pujols played 3rd base tonight when Rendon got hurt again
redline248
AG
So Rendon is injured, I think Ohtani is day to day, and Trout seems to find his way on the IL often...

Angels unlucky or what?
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe... try to keep it in your pants

Who me? Big start coming up tomorrow for Lu-ace Garcia.
mazag08
AG
redline248 said:

So Rendon is injured, I think Ohtani is day to day, and Trout seems to find his way on the IL often...

Angels unlucky or what?
No, they get exactly what they deserve.
Farmer1906
AG
Lots of seats available for the game tonight. What happened to everyone wanting to boo the cheaters? Are they still hiding in their apartments in NYC?
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lots of seats available for the game tonight. What happened to everyone wanting to boo the cheaters? Are they still hiding in their apartments in NYC?

I'm thankful Minute Maid doesn't have these protocols. Seems like a hassle to go to the game
Buck Compton
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm thankful Minute Maid doesn't have these protocols. Seems like a hassle to go to the game

**** that *****
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I love Star Wars more than anything else in the world of entertainment, but this sounds horrific.

ESPN's Major League Baseball coverage for the week ahead will feature several highlights, including the Star Wars-themed telecast on Tuesday, May 4, when the New York Yankees host the Houston Astros at 7:30 p.m. ET. The Star Wars-themed telecast is in celebration of "May the fourth" and will feature ESPN commentators dressed in full costume as Star Wars characters, plus custom on-screen animations. Karl Ravech, dressed as Luke Skywalker, will provide commentary with analysts Tim Kurkjian (as Yoda) and Eduardo Perez (as a Jawa). Marly Rivera will report from Yankee Stadium.
Kurkjian and ESPN commentator and resident Star Wars expert Clinton Yates will share MLB names with Star Wars ties, and Kurkjian will highlight his favorite FORCE plays of all-time. Host Steve Levy (dressed as Darth Vader) will anchor studio highlights during the game.
Coverage continues on Wednesday, May 5, when the first place, defending World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers visit the Chicago Cubs at 7 p.m. Ravech will provide commentary with Olympic Gold Medalist and trailblazing ESPN MLB analyst Jessica Mendoza. The telecast will be subject to blackout restrictions in the Los Angeles market.
bluefire579
AG
As a ****ing jawa? Why??????
Farmer1906
AG
NY writer on 97.5 is saying roids weren't bad because other teams were on roids too. Astros were one sided. No one else was doing it. He gives Altuve credit for the walk off but doesn't know if he wore a buzzer. It was a bad slider and now Chapman has a better pitch to get outs vs righties.

I may vomit.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

NY writer on 97.5 is saying roids weren't bad because other teams were on roids too. Astros were one sided. No one else was doing it. He gives Altuve credit for the walk off but doesn't know if he wore a buzzer. It was a bad slider and now Chapman has a better pitch to get outs vs righties.

I may vomit.
Very easy solution to that. Stop listening.
TarponChaser
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I love Star Wars more than anything else in the world of entertainment, but this sounds horrific.

ESPN's Major League Baseball coverage for the week ahead will feature several highlights, including the Star Wars-themed telecast on Tuesday, May 4, when the New York Yankees host the Houston Astros at 7:30 p.m. ET. The Star Wars-themed telecast is in celebration of "May the fourth" and will feature ESPN commentators dressed in full costume as Star Wars characters, plus custom on-screen animations. Karl Ravech, dressed as Luke Skywalker, will provide commentary with analysts Tim Kurkjian (as Yoda) and Eduardo Perez (as a Jawa). Marly Rivera will report from Yankee Stadium.
Kurkjian and ESPN commentator and resident Star Wars expert Clinton Yates will share MLB names with Star Wars ties, and Kurkjian will highlight his favorite FORCE plays of all-time. Host Steve Levy (dressed as Darth Vader) will anchor studio highlights during the game.
Coverage continues on Wednesday, May 5, when the first place, defending World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers visit the Chicago Cubs at 7 p.m. Ravech will provide commentary with Olympic Gold Medalist and trailblazing ESPN MLB analyst Jessica Mendoza. The telecast will be subject to blackout restrictions in the Los Angeles market.

This kind of idiocy is what happens when Disney takes over the world buying ESPN and Star Wars.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I may vomit.
Most cheating is ok. Cheating perpetrated by the team that dominates the coastal elite teams in October is the worst thing ever.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

I may vomit.

It's entertaining. You don't like to hear opposing viewpoints?

Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I may vomit.
I would hope they would have challenged him with the Red Sox and quotes from other players saying more teams were doing similar things. Then challenged him as to why the MLB decided to not investigate those teams.

But, I didn't listen, so I'm just guessing that they didn't.
Farmer1906
AG
Nah. This was one of Charlie's buddies.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Nah. This was one of Charlie's buddies.
Unfortunate, but I understand.
TarponChaser
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I may vomit.
I would hope they would have challenged him with the Red Sox and quotes from other players saying more teams were doing similar things. Then challenged him as to why the MLB decided to not investigate those teams.

But, I didn't listen, so I'm just guessing that they didn't.

That's the most frustrating thing about the whole "scandal." The Astros were simply doing what every other damn team in MLB was doing. They were all using tech to steal signs and relay them in real time. The players all know this and a handful have talked about it being an open secret that every team was doing it. Even after the commissioner's letter. But the Astros were the only team truly punished by it while the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, Braves, and Nats were all credibly accused by multiple teams/players and yet were never investigated in-depth or had the results covered up.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

I may vomit.

It's entertaining. You don't like to hear opposing viewpoints?

I was referring to the vomit comment. I don't mind opposing viewpoints from intelligent people.
Farmer1906
AG
Domingo German Scouting Report
-Throws a ton of curves. It's his best pitch this year. Gets lost of people chasing.
-Four Seamer has a ton of spin but isn't effective. He leaves it in the heart of the zone too much. It gets destroyed. Mostly throws it to lefties. Throws the sinker as his fastball vs righties.
-Change up has some nasty drop. Another effective pitch he gets people to chase. Was his highest valued pitch in 2019 even though he only threw in ~17% of the time.
-His strikeouts and walks are both down so we see plenty of ball in play tonight.
-TOR & TB touched him up (2 HR EA) in his first 2 starts. He's looked better in his last 2 vs CLE & BAL.
htxag09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/COdiIOwhpr3
First Page Last Page
Page 229 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.