***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,836,200 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We talked about this several pages back. He's elite against righties without needing a 3rd pitch so far. His invisiball isn't as effective vs lefties. In 2020 his fastball's xwOBA vs R/L split was .266/.331. So far this year he greatly reduced the use of his fastball, change up, and slider vs lefties. His curve hasn't been all that effective (.320 xwOBA), but it's helped make his fastball more effective (.289 xwOBA) because they have to be looking for the curve. I am pumped to get him back in the rotation for now. I still think the piggyback method is the way to go for us with our pitching as it's built.
tjack16
AG
I think a 2022 rotation could look like this. Lets assume we aren't bringing Greinke and JV back (which I think we do re sign one of them)

1. Valdez
2. LMJ
3. Javier
4. Urquidy
5. Garcia/Bielak
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

I think a 2022 rotation could look like this. Lets assume we aren't bringing Greinke and JV back (which I think we do re sign one of them)

1. Valdez
2. LMJ
3. Javier
4. Urquidy
5. Garcia/Bielak

1. Valdez
2. McCullers
3. Odo
4. Javier
5. Urquidy

Garcia, Bielak, & Ivey as the piggyback arms.
bearkatag15
AG

At least Straw isn't leading off...
tjack16
AG
I didn't put Odorizzi just because I forgot we had signed him for more than just this year. He will definitely be the 3/4 guy unless he totally flames out this year
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Dusty finally did something right.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I like this line up WAY more. Let's plate some runs tonight!
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Chalk it up to dumb luck. He's dumb and ran into some luck.
bearkatag15
AG
Sounds like Altuve will be back as early as this weekend

Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Sounds like Altuve will be back as early as this weekend

Selfishly, I want him back for Sunday's game when I go.

Farmer1906
AG
Per Dusty - Javier is built up to throw 100 pitches. Let's see if he can make it into the 7th.
bearkatag15
AG

Wait, so the runner starting at 2nd base in extras and 3 batter minimum aren't helping make the game go faster???
YZ250
He says 9 inning game. Not games that go into extras.
bearkatag15
AG
YZ250 said:

He says 9 inning game. Not games that go into extras.
Either way, the rule changes that have been decided haven't done what they were intended to do which was speed up the game. Minimizing mound visits, 3 batter rule for pitchers, no more pitches for intentional walks, ect. The runner at 2nd rule doesn't really speed up extra inning games either. We just saw a 13 inning game last weekend in the Padres vs Dodgers series.
Farmer1906
AG
#1 way to speed up the games is to have less time between innings. #2 way would be to lessen the amount of time between pitches. All these batter routines add up.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I can't imagine trying to pitch in Denver like that...
Frok
AG
Farmer1906 said:

#1 way to speed up the games is to have less time between innings. #2 way would be to lessen the amount of time between pitches. All these batter routines add up.

It is certainly getting slower and slower between pitches. Sometimes the pitcher just stands and stares too long at the plate so the batter will call time to reset.

Roy Oswalt should be hired as an advisor to help speed up pitchers.

CFTXAG10
AG
Little Astros tidbit I heard this afternoon. Dusty is 4 games away from having coached half a regular season. He is currently 36-41 in regular season games. Now of course last season was weird as hell and the weight of it can be argued but thought it was an interesting way to look at his track record so far.
cap-n-jack
Dusty epitomizes the adage players make coaches. I can not think of any instance in his tenure here that I though that was a brilliant move by the manager. Now that we are not hitting and down arms he is flailing frantically.
Ag_07
AG
Calling Joe Kelly a lil fckr was a a fantastic move

As far as Dusty is concerned I feel like last year (when he seemed to be pretty spot on considering the circumstances) is that last year he didn't feel comfortable enough making his own decisions and he just went with what we would normally do or maybe what Joe Espada/his staff advised him. Now he's making his own decisions and he's horrible.

That's the only reason I can of as the difference between last year and this.
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

Calling Joe Kelly a lil fckr was a a fantastic move

That makes him something like 1 for 90 games. He's a dinosaur and has no clue how to manage a modern team.
cap-n-jack
Where the **** you been man?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Is it petty that I can't stand how he looks like he is prepped for surgery in the dugout? I mean, I hate him for a myriad of reasons, but this one just annoys me... the dude is probably vaccinated and most of the team probably is. Why the gloves?
Mathguy64
AG
Reffing HS soccer playoff games. Trying to get caught up in my classes. Picking my butt up after getting my second covid shot that kicked my ass back to the Stone Age. I have been watching games but trying to avoid posting. All that does is make me even more pissed off.

I'm pissed watching dusty. I'm pissed seeing MLB make us play through covid **** when other teams got to take breaks early. I'm pissed watching tucker regress and I'm beyond pissed seeing Straw out there when Click failed to address the clear problems he was showing.

I'm pissed.

But I got these bad boys two days ago. So i got that going.

bearkatag15
AG
seems the MLB and YouTube is controlling who can post comments during the game. No comments about Astros or anything negative
Mathguy64
AG
Oh yeah. I'm pissed at this whole freaking You Tube TV BS.

Add that to the list.
Frok
AG
YouTube is gonna break the curse
cap-n-jack
We get it. You're pissed, join the crowd.
When my boys were little I coached their soccer teams. I don't know who was more clueless, them or me.
TRM
AG
Not Youtube TV, just Youtube.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Seriously? Who at MLB let this clown on the chat. If he's on the chat, who is gonna steal all the baseballs from little kids?
bearkatag15
AG
Well Javier is starting of very well
jah003
S
Did he just call a home run a "big boy"?
W
AG
1st inning chance for Tucker...
htxag09
AG
The delay between these guys mics is a little annoying
Bregxit
AG
And Tucker leaves 3 more.
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.