*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

400,618 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancer survivor here with year plus of chemo so no telling what my risk are with the china virus.....with that said I 100% would be at a game with no masks.

I gotta live life and make memories with my family while I can. I am not hiding inside. Pretty much been proven masks dont work, and the virus can be contracted anywhere.
Farmer1906
AG
Lookie there. A page of reasonable discussion.

I just renewed my tickets for A&M after sitting out last year. I feel confident about things being better then. I think I'd probably wait until vaccinated for the Astros but I guess I'll decide when the time comes. I'm jonesing to get back to MMP.
Farmer1906
AG
Back to Astros news. I wouldn't imagine he'd be in the plans in the INF.

redline248
AG
Having a young, potential star workout at SS is leverage against Correa. That' all
Bulldog73
AG
I'd have no qualms going at all. In that type environment, I would probably wear a mask and be personally cautious, but I do me, and you do you.
Farmer1906
AG
He's still behind Pena and maybe Nova too. We need OFers. His natural spot is OF. Not really sure why he's working there, but it's not a big deal.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Im 34, Have no intention of getting any vaccines for a good period of time. I had been saying if I got one I would consider the J&J version as it is a more traditional design but after hearing about the bio-ethics involved there I will probably continue to abstain. I only wear a mask when required at work and if I went to a game would only wear one if required...personally I prefer games at home. If im at a game I want to sit low ....and thats too expensive for me lol
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
Worrisome situation??
JJxvi
AG
Finger injury? I think as long as his finger is still attached, I'm probably not worried.
Ag_07
AG
Unless it's a broken hand but I would think if he pitched afterwards that's not the case.

Probably take it easy the next week so and be back to normal action in no time.

Not sure WTF that hack Heyman is talking about.
Farmer1906
AG
He was able to pitch through it so it can't be too bad.

It's tweets like these that make him so annoying.

Give us the info. If you think it'll cause a reaction, give an educated opinion as to why. Don't tell people not to freak out.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

If that happened yesterday, amazing he kept on pitching after that.
JJxvi
AG
Fractured finger is nothing to be worried about unless your idea of a team is that "no pitcher can miss any games or else we panic!"

Its not an arm injury, shoulder, elbow. Great. Its fine.
bearkatag15
AG
JJxvi
AG
Ring finger. Then I might not care even if it wasnt attached...he could pitch sooner.
Farmer1906
AG
Say he's out 4 weeks of the season. That just means he's playing a 137 game schedule and not 162. I expect he'd have to ramp up from the 95 innings he threw last year. I think in 18 and 19 he was around 110-140. It may set up okay where he can get his 130-150 in, assuming health, without worrying about a tired arm at the end of the year.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Say he's out 4 weeks of the season. That just means he's playing a 137 game schedule and not 162. I expect he'd have to ramp up from the 95 innings he threw last year. I think in 18 and 19 he was around 110-140. It may set up okay where he can get his 130-150 in, assuming health, without worrying about a tired arm at the end of the year.

My first inclination when I heard the news was to head downtown and start looting/burning buildings, flipping cars, etc, but I guess it's not horrible.

It might spoil his lowkey Cy Young chances this year tho
Farmer1906
AG
He's thrown more than Javier, Urquidy ever have. They're going to really get stretched out this year. We gotta manage their innings so they're at their best in October. Even without the Framber injury Garcia, Pruitt, James, Whitley, etc are going to need to make starts.
Deluxe
AG
Not sure if this has been discussed but I like Luis Garcia
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer : Deluxe

TED : Garcia
Harry Dunne
As long as Straw keeps hitting .750 we're going to be just fine.
Deluxe
AG
Harry Dunne said:

As long as Straw keeps hitting .750 we're going to be just fine.

I'll sign up for half that right now
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31002022/source-former-boston-red-sox-cf-jackie-bradley-jr-sign-2-year-24m-deal-milwaukee-brewers
Opt out after year 1.
Farmer1906
AG
Oh ****

Time to panic

Get Jake odorizzi on the phone. See who we can trade for.
Beat40
How insane is it that a fractured finger could take 8 months to heal.

I mean unless it was some sort of freak incident like Jimmy Fallon, which I don't think this is.
Deluxe
AG
NOW it's time to loot, burn buildings, flip cars, etc
Buck Compton
AG
How could that possibly result in an entire missed season? Very confused....

Surely that hack Heyman is just being a moron....
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG

This is kind of how I feel. If he's done we need to address the rotation in some way and not lose this season in our window.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
We had a similar feel in 2017 and saw the impact when we had a long time without keuchel and some others. I have a feeling they will be active in the trade market mid season is we're still in it.
Deluxe
AG
Extremely young? Yes. Not very good? We'll see.
Farmer1906
AG
We were always going to need to dip I to the younger and less proven or unproven arms. Now it switches it full on relaying on one or some of them to throw 100+ innings this year. Then when you drop you have to go even lower to maybe Solis, Torres, Brown level who aren't ready yet. That is, if you don't do something in FA or the trade market.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
This is where it hurts that Whitley hasn't been able to produce at the big league level in the last year or two. Hoping he can turn the corner this year and produce, because we might need him to do so.
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.