*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,161 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc said:

So Bonilla will be 72 when his contract expires.

That's amazing for him.
TarponChaser
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

When did this happen. I don't remember him at A&M like this.

For comparison:

He's a little herky-jerky in his windup but his mechanics are still the same. Everything prior to the leg-lift is just about timing.
MaxPower
Tons of great options at SS without Correa? Tell me where you buy your Koolaid because I need some of that good stuff.
Farmer1906
AG
In free agency is what I meant.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm not freaking out. You're freaking out.

Mr.Ackar07
MaxPower said:

Tons of great options at SS without Correa? Tell me where you buy your Koolaid because I need some of that good stuff.
Two words - Myles Straw
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'm not freaking out. You're freaking out.

Ummmm Click wtf why aren't there any talks yet
CFTXAG10
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Doesn't look overly different, mainly the new film is much more overdone and dramatic....could be intentional for ST or he could have just learned to emphasize it in the big leagues.
Farmer1906
AG
After watching some college baseball online it go me thinking. Minute Maid Park is 20+ years old and still looks better than the shiny new stadium in Arlington.

Frok
AG
You know that is an old picture of Minute Maid because the roof is still white. That's my only real complaint about MM, they don't power wash the roof enough.
redline248
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

MaxPower said:

Two words - Myles Straw
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

MaxPower said:

Two words - Myles Straw

Harry Dunne

Beat40
TarponChaser said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So Bonilla will be 72 when his contract expires.

That's amazing for him.

Bobby's purchasing power on that yearly payout has gone down for sure.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2930150-mike-fiers-as-reportedly-agree-to-1-year-35m-contract

He can't duck the Astros for 162 games. That rat's gonna have to face the music
n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2930150-mike-fiers-as-reportedly-agree-to-1-year-35m-contract

That URL makes it look like he is making 35 million a year. I had to click to see how his agent pulled that off
Bobby Jimbo
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The URL made me think he signed a 1 year, $35 million contract. I almost fainted.

Edit: n_touch beat me to it
Texaggie7nine
Z dog is a stros fan.

Enjoy

7nine
Big Al 1992
AG
JVs right arm looks strong!

https://instagr.am/p/CLkXwWFAmaV
Marvin
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

JVs right arm looks strong!

https://instagr.am/p/CLkXwWFAmaV

Nice, but I'd rather see mommy splashing around in a pool...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Deluxe
AG
I guess when you recover from TJ, your normal day to day arm functionality returns in a few months... it just takes a while longer to throw 95 mph over and over again?
JJxvi
AG
Deluxe said:

I guess when you recover from TJ, your normal day to day arm functionality returns in a few months... it just takes a while longer to throw 95 mph over and over again?
I think in most cases you dont even need to get the surgery at all in the first place and repair any of the damage in order to do normal things not involving throwing something 95 mph.
Deluxe
AG
Fair point
Farmer1906
AG
Click interview on 790 this morning. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/sean-salisbury/content/2021-02-23-james-click-says-team-wants-to-talk-extension-with-correa-this-spring/
EastCoastAgNc
AG
They "wanted to talk about an extension" with Cole. They didn't.
They "wanted to talk about an extension" with Springer. They didn't, and they didn't even make him a contract offer.
Now, they "want to talk about an extension" with Correa. Don't see much evidence, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

The only extensions we've seen in the last year of their contracts were Yuli, Pressley (spring training), and Verlander (b/c he worked it out with Crane himself).
Farmer1906
AG
We were never going to give Cole or Springer the money they wanted. It wasn't smart money. This is different whether is gets done or not. What is working against Carlos the amount of good SS hitting the market.

You can Baez or Story for 5 years 115 M or Correa for 8 years 215 M. Who you taking? It's Click job for figure out what those #s are and and who gives us a better chance to win titles.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

Now, they "want to talk about an extension" with Correa. Don't see much evidence, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
What does this mean?

Click said now that they are in camp, they will start talks with him. Do you think he is lying and they really don't want to talk to him about an extension?
Ag_07
AG
We'll see but I don't think using Cole and maybe even Springer as examples are fair.

Cole was never happening. We knew before he even got any offers that they'd be priced out. There's a legit reason why they never offered him.
MAROON
AG
Ag_07 said:

We'll see but I don't think using Cole and maybe even Springer as examples are fair.

Cole was never happening. We knew before he even got any offers that they'd be priced out. There's a legit reason why they never offered him.
Springer was also never happening unless we gave him ridiculous money
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We were never going to give Cole or Springer the money they wanted. It wasn't smart money. This is different whether is gets done or not. What is working against Carlos the amount of good SS hitting the market.

You can Baez or Story for 5 years 115 M or Correa for 8 years 215 M. Who you taking? It's Click job for figure out what those #s are and and who gives us a better chance to win titles.

Well, Baez and Story are both two years older than Correa, so the difference is basically one year in your scenario. Which 35 year old season are you the most bullish on, and does homegrown loyalty carry value for that extra year?

Despite what the splits might say for Story, I never discount the Coors Field bump. Baez is all about slugging because his strikeout to walk ratio is horrible. I'd prefer not to relive the boom-or-bust offensive days. I think I just talked myself into resigning Correa... haha.

Edit: I looked up Story's road splits. No thanks at $115.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'm taking Correa all day. What he does in October is worth every penny of that. He was the leader of this team and the most visible and vocal during the scandal taking up for our guys.
Farmer1906
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

What does this mean?

Click said now that they are in camp, they will start talks with him. Do you think he is lying and they really don't want to talk to him about an extension?

Listen to the interview. They wanted to do it face to face assuming they can with Covid. Correa got there yesterday. We have 5 more weeks of ST.

I still think it's going to be very difficult to get a deal done because it's going to make us go into the luxury cap and hurt us with draft picks when it comes to QOs.
Panama Red
AG
I did listen to it. That is how I know they will try to start talks now that all are in Florida. I'm trying to figure out what the poster means by there being no evidence they want to start talks with Correa.
Farmer1906
AG
You're right. Should have directed it to EastCoastAgNc.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.