*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

405,396 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Springer is a dirty cheater!!! Make him return to the Astros
Bobby Jimbo
AG
tjack16 said:

Springer is a dirty cheater!!! Make him return to the Astros
Yeah! And pay him less than the market going rate for top tier outfielders! That'll show him!
Mr.Bond
AG
We're talking to Jason Castro??? Christ almighty
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ags #1
AG
He wants to come back home
Ag_07
AG
As a backup

Machete is under contract for 2021.

Castro catching one game every 5 is fine with me. Any more than that I may hire an agent and see if my HS catching resume is good enough to get the league minimum.
agproducer
AG
I have no problem bringing back Castro. He's definitely and upgrade from Garneau. He's also a left-handed bat, and we don't need him to start.
tjack16
AG
Unlike other positions like OF, there aren't a lot of good options at catcher. As much as I'm not a fan of bringing back recycled guys (like Marisnick)... I'm not sure which catcher available is a better option as a placeholder until Korey Lee is called up
Deluxe
AG
Merry Christmas everyone
spadilly
S
Merry Christmas!

Apparently, I'm easy to buy for:

redline248
AG
Awesome.

Merry Christmas
Mr.Bond
AG
Love RSVLTS stuff. Their t shirts are some of the most comfortable I've ever owned
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Snell to San Diego
Mr.Bond
AG
Yankees fan rejoice ......

Sand Diego going all in. Wow

EastCoastAgNc
AG
San Diego is setting new records for how fast you can empty out a farm system.
Ag_07
AG
Had a feeling this was gonna happen after they mishandled him so badly in the WS.

For SD...Good for them. I like what they're building and how they're doing it.
Deluxe
AG
Pretty big blow to lose Morton and Snell. Basically 2/3 of their starting rotation.
Deluxe
AG
Kinda went under the radar over the holiday but looks like we signed Jose Siri to a minor league deal. He was a top 10 prospect for the Reds in 2018 and 2019 before bouncing around a bit last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us gamble on a few guys like this to stockpile some OF depth.

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/jose-siri-astros-minor-league-deal
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Pretty big blow to lose Morton and Snell. Basically 2/3 of their starting rotation.
Yep, but not quote as bad as losing, say, Verlander & Cole. No one could recover from that, right?
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Yep, but not quote as bad as losing, say, Verlander & Cole. No one could recover from that, right?
In the modern era, every team that lost Verlander and Cole still made the ALCS the following year.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

In the modern era, every team that lost Verlander and Cole still made the ALCS the following year.
Marvin
AG
Deluxe said:

Kinda went under the radar over the holiday but looks like we signed Jose Siri to a minor league deal. He was a top 10 prospect for the Reds in 2018 and 2019 before bouncing around a bit last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us gamble on a few guys like this to stockpile some OF depth.

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/jose-siri-astros-minor-league-deal

Interesting rabbit hole in that link. One article was "1 holiday wish" for each team. They listed a coherent plan for the Astros in terms of this being a roster transition year, especially in the outfield.

I think my 1 biggest wish for the Astros at this point would be healthy knees for Alvarez. That would solve a whole lot of offensive problems.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
YNWA_AG
AG

Preller is a crazy Gm
W
AG
even Bill O'Brien thinks the Padres are making a big mistake going "all in"
W
AG
SD would have 3 years of control of Snell (thru 2023)
CoachRTM
AG
These are the trades I make on the Show when I know I'll never get to year 3 in my franchise.
MaxPower
Pads want to trade any studs prospects for our guys? I will trade them Framber for their top 3 prospects.....
BMX Bandit
Don't understand the criticism in trading so many players for Snell. As W says, it's 3 years of control.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Don't understand the criticism in trading so many players for Snell. As W says, it's 3 years of control.

It's that they are doing it in multiple trades.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
That said they are the Padres and usually suck. Don't blame them for going for it.
Ag_07
AG
Again...They're not selling out and going all in.

They're making solid trades for high quality guys with multiple years of control.

Of all those guys they traded how many will be productive ML players?
Farmer1906
AG
They absolutely are going all in. You don't trade for Sunshine, Snell, & Yu to not go all in. They had the best farm system 2 years ago. They unloaded a very significant portion of it.
CFTXAG10
AG
Deluxe
AG
Wonder which Yu Darvish the Padres will get

Nasty elite Darvish
Waste of talent Darvish
Injured Darvish
Pitch Tipper Darvish
Ag_07
AG
To an extent it is but it's no more all in than us trading for JV and Cole.

But it's not trade deadline we can catch lightening in a bottle give up a bunch for some rentals for a run now type all in.

Nothing wrong with trading prospects for proven Cy Young caliber arms with multiple years of control. I like the idea of cashing in minor league maybes for proven controllable ML talent. Sunshine and Snell are exactly that.
Ag_07
AG
All of the above
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.