*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,607 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bassmaster said:

Is it that far fetched that Springer doesn't want to return? I don't think it is. As soon as anyone leaves the Astros, everyone seems to forget that player's involvement in the scandal. Now no one of Springer's caliber has done that yet so it may be different with him, but I could see him (or anyone for that matter) wanting to move on for that reason. I hope he doesn't, but I can understand.
Yes, I think it's entirely plausible he wants out. He's reached free agency and has earned the right to do so. It will be interesting to see if an appropriate suitor emerges. The Mets don't really need an OF and desperately need SP (Bauer?). The Red Sox could be a landing spot but also need pitching more than hitting. The Yanks don't have the money if they truly want to get under the luxury tax threshold. Philly seems unlikely with holes opening at SS and catcher. Washington might be the wildcard, though that isn't particularly close to home if that's his desire.
The Milkman
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
The Milkman said:

Likely a league wide issue unfortunately
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG

Goodbye George

Goodbye Michael

Hello Joc
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Goodbye George

Goodbye Michael

Hello Joc

While I am not totally against the idea of him coming if we lose those two guys I don't think he would be willing to come here. He hates the Astros
JYDog90
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Goodbye George

Goodbye Michael

Hello Joc

While I am not totally against the idea of him coming if we lose those two guys I don't think he would be willing to come here. He hates the Astros

Feeling is mutual.
aggiephoenix02
I've always thought Willy Wonka would be a great nickname for a dick.
"You got the golden ticket, babe."

I was batting that name around with a few others before I settled on Alan Shepard...
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
3B Paul 97
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

I've always thought Willy Wonka would be a great nickname for a dick.
"You got the golden ticket, babe."

I was batting that name around with a few others before I settled on Alan Shepard...
this might be meant for the Rangers thread?
aggiephoenix02
Astro fans don't nickname their private parts?
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
Mathguy64
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Astro fans don't nickname their private parts?

I call mine World Champion. A name that Rangers fans cannot ever use. It avoids confusion.
Bregxit
AG
Mr.Bond said:

The Milkman said:

Likely a league wide issue unfortunately

Yeah. Radio this morning said MLB lost an estimated $3 billion this season so about $100 million per team.
aggiephoenix02
Haha, too funny!
E
AG
Do the players have to take any cuts?

Sucks for all the employees who make regular salaries to get furloughed or let go and watch the millionaire players just get larger contracts
Deluxe
AG
E said:

Sucks for all the employees who make regular salaries to get furloughed or let go and watch the millionaire players just get larger contracts

agdaddy04
AG
Cash is an idiot. Snell was smoking the Dodgers and he pulls him after a weak single?
Farmer1906
AG
E said:

They took cuts this year when the season was shortened.

Do players get raises when revenue goes up when they're in the middle of a contract?

I have a feeling we might see a blood bath during free agency. Players and Agents complained the last 2 years when only the top guys received major deals. George, JT, Ozuna, Bauer may all get much smaller deals than they would during a normal free agency.
PoppaB05
AG
Terrible decision. Flashbacks of Greinke game 7
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

E said:

They took cuts this year when the season was shortened.

Do players get raises when revenue goes up when they're in the middle of a contract?

I have a feeling we might see a blood bath during free agency. Players and Agents complained the last 2 years when only the top guys received major deals. George, JT, Ozuna, Bauer may all get much smaller deals than they would during a normal free agency.

There wouldn't have been a season if they hadn't taken cuts.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The best moments in Astros' history tournament is LIVE!

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3150680/replies/57747446
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I would rather not make the World Series than have to live through what cash did tonight as a Rays fan.
agdaddy04
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I would rather not make the World Series than have to live through what cash did tonight as a Rays fan.

Yep that was brutal. Dodgers had no business winning this one. Well there goes Mookie to most likely seal it. Cheater
aggiephoenix02
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Thats just silly.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Fckn Red Sox
Johnsy3
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Well, it essentially did happen to us last year. Pulling Greinke AND not putting Cole in? I'll never forgive that
PoppaB05
AG
Just brutal for Rays fans, your guy is dealing and you have Charlie F******Morton the game 7 cheat code ready to go for a Game 7. There are no words
agdaddy04
AG
I'm ready for a brutal meltdown for LAD
Ag_07
AG
It'll be interesting moving forward to see if some of these pitchers start voicing their displeasure getting yanked when the do.

When will it be difficult for analytically driven teams to sign top FA arms because guys don't want to have the ball taken away from them like Snell did?
Beat40
And THAT is what relying too much on your bullpen does. Ride the hot hand. AJ did it 2017 because he couldn't rely on the bullpen. Last year the bullpen was good, he relied on it too much and it bit him hard.

Snell has a right to be pissed. He was taken out of two games and the bullpen came in and gave up the lead.

I can't believe Cash didn't learn from his mistake in the ALCS.
Beat40
PoppaB05 said:

Just brutal for Rays fans, your guy is dealing and you have Charlie F******Morton the game 7 cheat code ready to go for a Game 7. There are no words

Cash pulled a Dave Roberts. He did it twice to Snell.

I would be PISSED if I was Snell.
n_touch
Damn the last two just watched
agdaddy04
AG
TB just crawled into a shell. Watching two strike 3s. Pathetic
agdaddy04
AG
Astros would've been in their heads and raked the Dodgers. Still pissed about game 7
Beat40
agdaddy04 said:

Astros would've been in their heads and raked the Dodgers. Still pissed about game 7

More upset about game 2 and Altuve. I think we win the series if we get game 2.
Beat40
How many questions do you think the Dodgers get asked about overcoming the Astros cheating scandal?

How many comments do you think the Dodger players make about it?

Will be interesting to see that in the morning.
n_touch
Seems like a lot of people there at the game. Looks somewhat realistic
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.